Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obvious RIDDICK post is obvious.:slap

I've only noticed this guy over the past couple months. What's with his taste in everything? :lol

I thought I'd hate Rise. In fact, I had every intention of avoiding it like the plague. I had zero curiosity to see it and wanted it to fail to finally put the franchise to rest. However, as a loving son, I agreed to see it with my dad because he wanted to see it. I loved it. I thought it was a nice, faithful but original update to the series.

I am not sure what direction they're going with these sequels. I hope they're good but if not, meh. I will always have the original and that's all that matters in the end.

Really nice CG

And just to show I have nothing against CGI, yes, I agree. These movies are awesome. I was really opposed to them using CGI in a PotA movie because the original series was groundbreaking and as much as I'd like to forget Burton's version exists, the make up was still awesome. But the CGI sets this apart from the past and looks great. Andy Serkis is the man!

:lol slap dat face of yours harder!

Get off the hard Russian stuff and drink some of this to start loving things in life again...

tumblr_lx3i7lSFyi1qja30mo1_500.gif

:lol

:lol slap dat face of yours harder!

In all seriousness I liked the plot and FX but the movie itself felt very dull and uninspired.

Hmm, fair enough. I just realized you're essentially the antithesis of Celtic Predator. Dude seemingly loves every crappy movie and you seemingly hate every popular movie :lol

I just found out (old news alert) that Franco isn't even making a cameo???? That sucks. :(

Looks like we have to wait little longer for the trailer as it will premiere on Dec 18. Also the movie's release date has moved from July 18 to July 11.

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes Posters.

11326128906_b5e6b766f8_o.jpg

11326126716_32d1e060fc_o.jpg

11326154584_3a62dd06a4_o.jpg

Wow! Very intimidating posters! I can see why they took over the planet! Looking forward to this one! :rock

It's a shame there's not even a cameo.:pfft:

Yeah, I read that Franco's role might have involved a video tape that was recorded long ago before a lot of the population got wiped out. Then, when there was a director change, Franco had no involvement. :( I really would have liked to see that. I would like to think that there's at least some reference to his character, but I don't like when that character isn't even shown, in the the sequel. (Given that Franco was THE guy.)

Yeah, I read that Franco's role might have involved a video tape that was recorded long ago before a lot of the population got wiped out.

Dawn is set 15 years after Rise so I imagine there will be some sort of montage showing the virus outbreak for the neutral viewer, even though the ending of Rise depicted this quite well.

Dawn is set 15 years after Rise so I imagine there will be some sort of montage showing the virus outbreak for the neutral viewer, even though the ending of Rise depicted this quite well.

Yeah, but I hope they give Franco's character some justice and show a grave made by Caesar or something, not just letting the fans think he died with all of the rest, you know?

I wonder how Caesar would react if he met Will in Dawn's present day? Would he kill him or lock him up?

That's a good question. I could see that going either way, depending on how his followers perceive his actions and whether or not it's a weakness. I think Caesar is too devoted to the movement, so he'd be more inclined to go that route, BUT....I think he'll always have a special place in his heart for Will, whether he cares to admit it or not.

For me... I'm glad Franko is a thing of the past. His performance was painfull to watch, complete miscast and another reason to not like "Rise". Not to mention that it has FREAKING John Lithgow with his AWESOME character... and he ****ing died in the first act leaving me with apes, Franco, Pinto, etc :monkey4

Back