1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know maxi gets theirs last as well. :lol

:lol Yeah, that shortage problem with the Avengers figures kinda placed them at odds with customers.

One of their employees has been very kind to me though. Though they fired him recently.. :lol

Yeah. I mean, every single HT store in Manila's already got their QS001s and Maxi's yet to get theirs! Really funny :lol

Oh, I read about that. Strange, I thought he was the better staff as he was always accommodating (compared to the other guy at the other branch who can't put his phone down and stop gaming to serve his clients), he doesn't give his OWN PRICING (again unlike the other guy), and would even tell me not to buy yet if they'd be having a sale soon anyway. Those things made me switch to preordering and claiming at his branch. Maybe he did something out of desperation, but in the long run he was the better staff for me.

With three figures...How much do you guys figure?

Also I wonder if anyone that has the DX12 thinks they should've waited.

The DX12 is what..a year old? How on earth would anyone know to wait for this?!?!? The DX12 was the third attempt at this figure in about fours years.

Based on your logic, no one should buy this Alfred because in 2018, we could buy a better version.

It looks blue, but actually its more of a dark grey with blue stripes.

Though i do see and agree with your point, kinda look like how they are on acreen and blu ray and will be getting these.

On display at Secret Base. Digging the tailoring on the suit.

1546307_576203762463863_375891865_n.jpg

1476442_576203872463852_618806123_n.jpg

1488645_576203779130528_2029099594_n.jpg

1476564_576203959130510_423375114_n.jpg

1502472_576203805797192_1031934091_n.jpg

1531896_576203832463856_1859915830_n.jpg

1544380_576203929130513_912371523_n.jpg

I actually thought the suit was by Kato when I initially saw it due to how well it's fitted. Wish they would do more suited figures.

The suit looks great in these pics and I'm good with the color but I'd be surprised if the ones that show up at our door are as crispy as this proto. I hope to God they are though; that would be impressive!

I'm more than happy with everything shown and this has me more pumped than any other licensed set I have PO'd. I've been dying for a Wayne & Alfred for the longest; it stung to have to pass on all the offerings from Iminime, Kato, the Old Man sculpt and the rest of the bits for these builds that came along over time. None of those really moved me but this is a phenomenal set for a (supposed) killer price. What a surprise. This came out of nowhere

Instant buy :rock:rock

Oh, I read about that. Strange, I thought he was the better staff as he was always accommodating (compared to the other guy at the other branch who can't put his phone down and stop gaming to serve his clients), he doesn't give his OWN PRICING (again unlike the other guy), and would even tell me not to buy yet if they'd be having a sale soon anyway. Those things made me switch to preordering and claiming at his branch. Maybe he did something out of desperation, but in the long run he was the better staff for me.

I was thinking maybe he was taking in HT figures being sold by other people and selling it to customers at a lower price than the store.

Anycase, I wonder how this new "online booking" for MMS236 will turn out for Neverland. Never tried it before. :lol
I hope they don't ruin their perfect record on my account.

So, what do you think of this set, Heubert?

I think it's a great set. A smart move by HT, too. I have like half of what the set has and never really cared to even kitbash an Alfred or get the impressive TL Armory due to lack of space, but this changed my thoughts and part of me wants to pull the trigger and PO now as I love the tailoring, the new paint app on the Wayne head, and of course the new faceplates for the Batman figure.

Smart on HT's part. I don't think I'd buy an Alfred on his own.
There's just something about Alfred being partnered with the Armory that syncs perfectly with the movie.

Been wanting the TL Armory though. Glad I held off. :) Brand loyalty pays off.

I was thinking maybe he was taking in HT figures being sold by other people and selling it to customers at a lower price than the store.

Anycase, I wonder how this new "online booking" for MMS236 will turn out for Neverland. Never tried it before. :lol
I hope they don't ruin their perfect record on my account.

Hmm. I never had an idea that he could have been doing that.

As for online booking, most of the figures I got from them were PO'd that way as I am usually busy at work even on weekends and I live too far from either branches. If they want to do it as their new standard from now on, I'd say they should improve on their communication and record update. Past POs through bank deposits and email usually takes weeks for them to send me PO number, and there was a time that when the figure arrived they had to call their boss as my name wasn't on the list.

I think it's a great set. A smart move by HT, too. I have like half of what the set has and never really cared to even kitbash an Alfred or get the impressive TL Armory due to lack of space, but this changed my thoughts and part of me wants to pull the trigger and PO now as I love the tailoring, the new paint app on the Wayne head, and of course the new faceplates for the Batman figure.

I definitely am considering it. As much as I love the QS figure, there just isn't enough on the market in that scale to pull me in. I don't want the EB, and lord only knows how long until HT creates another Batman figure that's in scale with it, so, seeing this, with the same faceplates and all, along with a damned impressive dio, and, as you said two fantastically tailored figures (with pretty damn good sculpts, if I may say so myself) is definitely very enticing; particularly considering the fact that I currently have zero Nolan Batman figures.

Smart on HT's part. I don't think I'd buy an Alfred on his own.
There's just something about Alfred being partnered with the Armory that syncs perfectly with the movie.

Been wanting the TL Armory though. Glad I held off. :) Brand loyalty pays off.

Smart indeed. HT knew an Alfred won't get as much sales if sold on its own.

Same with the TL Armory. I think it's impressive, but what held me off was again the lack of space, and I found it rather expensive at 10k. With this set, an HT Armory and add a little under 18k for basically a re-packaged DX12 with better plates, along with with full Bruce and Alfred figures? I think that's great value. And that's pegging just the HT armory at the same value as TL's, huh.

I cant wait for this. Awesome that they decided to do Alfred. Surprised this was announced before the TDKR one because that was shown first.

Hmm. I never had an idea that he could have been doing that.

As for online booking, most of the figures I got from them were PO'd that way as I am usually busy at work even on weekends and I live too far from either branches. If they want to do it as their new standard from now on, I'd say they should improve on their communication and record update. Past POs through bank deposits and email usually takes weeks for them to send me PO number, and there was a time that when the figure arrived they had to call their boss as my name wasn't on the list.

That happened to me with Rtoys once :lol I still got the figure though.

Right now I'm just so excited for this figure, but don't want it to arrive too soon either. :lol
TDK is such a classic, I don't think I'll lose interest on this set for years.

I definitely am considering it. As much as I love the QS figure, there just isn't enough on the market in that scale to pull me in. I don't want the EB, and lord only knows how long until HT creates another Batman figure that's in scale with it, so, seeing this, with the same faceplates and all, along with a damned impressive dio, and, as you said two fantastically tailored figures (with pretty damn good sculpts, if I may say so myself) is definitely very enticing; particularly considering the fact that I currently have zero Nolan Batman figures.

Enticing indeed. The only thing that was keeping me from admitting that I want this (LOL) is the possibility that it could cost around $800 or higher. But now that I could PO the entire set for just $625, I'm now 80% in :)

That happened to me with Rtoys once :lol I still got the figure though.

Right now I'm just so excited for this figure, but don't want it to arrive too soon either. :lol
TDK is such a classic, I don't think I'll lose interest on this set for years.

Never dealt with Rtoys before :) If Neverland would have the best price for this, I'd just get it from them online. I don't want to deal with their staff at their main branch. Only time he was nice to me was last year, when I claimed my DX 12 before Christmas. I was surprised at the sudden kindness til he handed over an envelope for donation for his daughter's school activity :lol

Yeah, I won't be in a hurry for this. End of quarter 3 would be great, that would help my finances more :lol

Back