Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the tracking on my Barnes, they shipped it from Hong Kong on May 4 and it's in New York today. I might get it either tomorrow or Friday. Might be the fastest overseas shipment I've ever gotten :rock

Though I sold Taylor I've kept Barnes. That headsculpt is just too good, the character too memorable. I'm feeling that he may be worth having regardless if Elias gets made. I'm completist for Terminator but outside of that I'm looking to get only the most iconic and memorable characters across my favourite films and genres and Barnes would probably be foremost for me from the war movie genre.

So much for this. Recently sold Barnes to fellow boardie.

Just checked the tracking on my Barnes, they shipped it from Hong Kong on May 4 and it's in New York today. I might get it either tomorrow or Friday. Might be the fastest overseas shipment I've ever gotten :rock

How much you get Barnes for ?

I just got it, what a pain in the *** it is to get his gear up. Now I need to do the tape on the knife sheath and the magazine to rap it up. I will need to comb through this thread on how to do it correctly.

I will never sell my taylor and barnes...they are too great...
ok eliah is missing and hot toys won't release him never..
but it miss only an headsculpt of william dafoe..
soon or late someone will do a custom head..headplay maybe...
we can find the jacket the pants and the most of accessories easly..

I finally got it, all his equipment is on him. I just need to get a 1/6 pack of Marlboro for his helmet. I'm very impressed with it.

Only con I've found is the tape it comes with is awful and doesn't stick really.

I finally got it, all his equipment is on him. I just need to get a 1/6 pack of Marlboro for his helmet. I'm very impressed with it.

Only con I've found is the tape it comes with is awful and doesn't stick really.

I was going to mention that after you did.
Yeah,..the tape stayed put for the hand dagger but it would simply not stay completely stuck around the magazines. Everytime i thought it was good i would come back to see the end piece sticking up.
In the end, i just decided it wasnt that important to have the second magazine all things considered.

As a former Marine, this is the best 1/6 figure in fatigues there is.
The gear is accurate and great.

As far as the hair and what not...i leave the helmet on. It only looks bad in pics because people are being retarded and not pushing it down.

When you are walking through the bush on patrol, that bad boy is generally always on anyway.

Thanks chief, I haven't been able to find them on my own.

I was going to mention that after you did.
Yeah,..the tape stayed put for the hand dagger but it would simply not stay completely stuck around the magazines. Everytime i thought it was good i would come back to see the end piece sticking up.
In the end, i just decided it wasnt that important to have the second magazine all things considered.

As a former Marine, this is the best 1/6 figure in fatigues there is.
The gear is accurate and great.

As far as the hair and what not...i leave the helmet on. It only looks bad in pics because people are being retarded and not pushing it down.

When you are walking through the bush on patrol, that bad boy is generally always on anyway.

Yeah I was wondering how to display it, I guess I will try the helmet route and push it down more since it looked a little odd.

The tape seems to be holding after numerous attempts at keeping it pushed down on the knife sheath. The magazine didn't give me much trouble though. I still have 60% of the tape left in case it loses it's hold but there isn't much stick with it :dunno

Pulled the trigger finally on barnes.
Had Taylor for a while until i decided to sell it (not bad *** enough with that passive hs but he has great gear).
He trully has a great présence, that hs is awesome.
I had a few flack jacket paying around so i tried it on and i love his look with it (might dye the flak vest as it might be a bir too flashy green probably use some tea to darken it a bit). I also switched the body with a ttm19 wich give him a great silhouette.
Too bad they did not gave him another Head pièce, did that custom one was made available?
Need to get me some Marlboro and a M1911 holster :)
One thing thats annoys me is that you must really push hard the helmet to fit, and i think ive seen some paint rub on the front hair...
Excuse the crappy pics :)

Last edited:
That Flak Jacket looks awesome! Yeah the helmet is a pain, I'm afraid to push it down much due to wear and tear on his bandana.

They long have abandoned this license sadly. They were going to do Elias and Lerner but it never came about for whatever reason.

Platoon is not a hot licence but they did it anyway.
The rest of the figures dépends on how the two first ones sales.
They might still happen

Back