Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Is Sgt Barnes worth getting still? Will Elias ever be released??

Yeah his outfit isn't green enough. However he is otherwise an excellent figure with probably one of the best facial likenesses HT have done.

Bugger knows if HT will make Elias. He was initially supposed to happen, represented by a placeholder thingy in a toyshow display and later HT were asked about him in some interview and they said he was still happening but even that was a while ago now. I dunno.

Why is there 2 threads for the same question?

well i think he is........but i'm a huge platoon fan. btw........i ordered a vietnam pancho for either barnes or taylor. if i like the look i will get another so both will be covered.

I wouldn't give up on Elias yet, hes probably just a low priority for HT.

i dont know, elias does seem to be M.I.A........fingers crossed because they aint bad but i personally need elias to feel complete with this line

I found a place to buy him,....does everybody agree he is better than Taylor?

Is there anyway to make to wrist pegs less obvious?

Would hate to use the poncho and cover up all of the h harness detail.

How is the M16? Very well made or toy like?

With some TLC you can really make him look great. I did a quick n easy dye job on his fatigues and they came out great!

i covered the wrist with a band of black sticky tape and attached the small knife and sheath to it.........works for me

I just picked this guy up from CCG armory for $154.00 shipped.

I think they have one left....everywhere else its $200 or more.

What should I expect with this guy?

I just picked this guy up from CCG armory for $154.00 shipped.

I think they have one left....everywhere else its $200 or more.

What should I expect with this guy?

Fun putting the items on the belt, one of the finest head sculpts by Hot Toys, and a great companion piece to Chris Taylor (if you have it--a must buy if you don't) Have fun with this great figure :wave

Can anybody help on this one??
He was at Viking plarground but not anymore.

I don't want to pay more than $160 on this guy and the $200 prices are retarded.
He isn't "worth" more than his retail to any collector.

I've checked a lot of places and no luck. Anybody have knowledge of a place that carries this guy?

I just got this guy today....$150 shipped!

Wow! Much better in person than I expected and I have no idea what I was holding out for.

I served in the Marine Corps from '94 to 2000. The gear on this guy is some of the best in 1/6 I've ever seen. The authenticity of the H harness (warbelt) is simply amazing and we were issued these same warbelts from that era still in 94-2000. Some of the new military figures look cool but I simply didn't have any of that fancy stuff in my time. Barnes, even though in the Army, sports the same style of gear exactly that I used as a Marine. The jungle boots are simply amazing and again ringing with authenticity.
Gentlemen and collectors,...this isn't simply just a movie version of a military outfit used by Barnes in Platoon. This is the finest 1/6 military figure available in its overall scope and era accuracy.

Satisfying end result though. I liked messing with his helmet and trying to get the right look with his pack of cigs.

so i guess its safe to say that we will probably never get elias

Back