Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In honor of my 10,000th post and because Hayley Atwell is a hottie...

esq-hayley-atwell-1-0811-lg.jpg

Oh my gosh, I'm having an Inception moment because seeing this picture has given me the idea that I need to go buy more kleenex:monkey3

Wow--so it actually performed better overseas than it did in the USA. That's surprising.

Well its a big world. :)

If CA:TFA performed in any one country as well as it did in the U.S. then yeah, I'd be pretty shocked. But all other countries combining to barely edge out its domestic gross? Sounds pretty typical to me.

Is there a Steelbook coming to the UK for this, i can't see anything.

I just got Thor on Blu Ray Steelbook and have X-Men and Green Lantern both Steelbook on order too, i dont want this to be the only odd one out.

I loved this movie. I thought captain america represented a really solid set of american beliefs that I agree with. Chris evans was very likeable and watching him kick ass felt good. I feel like it's sort of a universal character. He's just the guy you would follow into the depths of hell against an army of undead to punch the devil in the face.

With Captain America: The First Avenger hitting DVD and Blu-ray this Tuesday, writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have been making the press rounds. In a conversation today with The HD Room, the pair reiterated that the sequel will stick mostly to the filmic Marvel Universe's present day.

"I think it's safe for us to say that it's primarily set in the modern day," says Markus. "That seems to have been the biggest question people have been wondering about regarding the sequel... [W]e've been left with room to explore Cap entering the modern day wondering, 'What is all this? What's happened to the world' and so on."

"We made a movie where the world was in context for Steve Rogers," adds McFeely. "It was a movie where it was a more pure time, where there were clearly black-and-white, right-and-wrong, good-and-evil scenarios. And Cap is a guy who symbolizes that. Now he's in the now, and there is nothing black-and-white. So what do you do with that guy? How does he react to a much more uncertain time? So you're given this huge new palate to work with, but you can keep him the same."

Chris Evans' CaptainAmerica next appears in Marvel's The Avengers on May 4, 2012. Unfortunately, it may be a bit before his next solo adventure. Evans recently revealed that Captain America 2 will probably have to wait until 2014.

That's good news to me. I know there's a lot of people who want him to stay in the 40's but how many times can they make a movie that takes place within the events of the first one with making a believable story involving a bigger threat than Red Skull:dunno

Back