Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not mocking them.
Just providing some perspective from the 'things could be better' side.

I guess they should recall every Vader and destroy them so they can make the correct changed according to Gino...and then jack up the price to $1000

Did you really compare knowing way too much about a fictional science fiction character to being a doctor?

Yeah, I was gonna use the Solo quote about delusions of grandeur... but someone else already did...

There's nothing wrong with wanting a better product, but thre comes a time when you just have to let go and enjoy... if you are still capable of that!

I received my Vader figure and I can say I'm really disappointed. I paid a lot for this and it has problems. Not talking here about its design which is cool, but the quality in materials used. I have both Medicom Vaders but this didn't happen to any of them. The chest box straps are broken/damaged (leather too thin or crappy), the crotch armor is flying away (no glue on this) and he has "removable" helmet (the removable helmet is ok from my POV)

Very disappointed of how they made this figure, hope one day Hot Toys alone will make THE VADER. I hope to be able to exchange this figure or at least to get my money back - and I paid to my nose on fracking customs for this crap...

Just look at the pictures below they say 1000 words:

2yl5tsy.jpg

24uvr0l.jpg

I know it's disappointing, but just call Sideshow and send him back. They are really cool about these things. You got one that was put in the box with zero care, it dosen't even look like the plastic "neck brace" was put in place. This is VERY uncharacteristc for Sideshow....

I want to continue to celebrate Sideshows skill and commitment to customer service. I'm not a professional photographer, but here is my newest addition...

I received my Vader figure and I can say I'm really disappointed. I paid a lot for this and it has problems. Not talking here about its design which is cool, but the quality in materials used. I have both Medicom Vaders but this didn't happen to any of them. The chest box straps are broken/damaged (leather too thin or crappy), the crotch armor is flying away (no glue on this) and he has "removable" helmet (the removable helmet is ok from my POV)

Very disappointed of how they made this figure, hope one day Hot Toys alone will make THE VADER. I hope to be able to exchange this figure or at least to get my money back - and I paid to my nose on fracking customs for this crap...

It looks like your Vader was delivered by Ace Ventura. :horror

There are too many things wrong with your Vader to just be a QC issue. It looks like he had a rough trip.

Whatever the case, the best of luck getting this all worked out.

2yl5tsy.jpg

24uvr0l.jpg

Oh Man! That is just plain awful, no excuse for that. I feel bad, especially since you are in Romania and have to pay so much in customs!!! You had mentioned in a previous post that sometimes FedEx opened your packages, you don't think someone opened and futzed with this do you???

Oh Man! That is just plain awful, no excuse for that. I feel bad, especially since you are in Romania and have to pay so much in customs!!! You had mentioned in a previous post that sometimes FedEx opened your packages, you don't think someone opened and futzed with this do you???

I agree it looks tampered with. Especially if the chinstrap part of the packaging is missing.

I'm embarrassed for SSC at the condition JKNO's Vader arrived. What are the odds someone in customs opened the package and ^^^^ed it up? I mean, that looks maliciously ^^^^ed up.

Serg, are you dating the mailman's wife, or something?

:date

But would someone actually open up a toy vader and ^^^^ it up like that on purpose? I just don't see why, especially someone in customs?

What kind of animal?...

I almost hope it was tampered with, that product shoulda been stopped before it hit the door.

GL man!

I know it's diappointing, but just call Sideshow and send him back. They are really cool about these things...

I want to continue to celebrate Sideshows skill and commitment to customer service. I'm not a professional photographer, but here is my newest addition...

I'm from Romania, I'd rather not call them but write an email (time zone differences, phone costs etc.). As for sending him back I'll do it as soon as I know where to write the email.

And if when they return with a new figure do I have to pay again for shipping (to them and back), customs and VAT tax? Because if so I'd rather make my own Vader from scratch, it would be cheaper...:(

I agree it looks tampered with. Especially if the chinstrap part of the packaging is missing.

All the packages sent with FedEx or DHL are opened at Customs in Bucharest capital city, if sent with USPS or Express Mail they are opened in your own city in front of you (a BIG difference).

Nothing is missing all the straps are there but they are broken. The black tape on the package says: Deschis pentru control vamal la FedEx Romania - that means: "Opened up for customs control at FedEx Romania"

2s19oyg.jpg

I bet customs ^^^^ed it up. I bet that Vader danced all over the office before somebody decided to repackage it and ship it off.

The belt w/codpiece is removable (velco in the back). From the image it looks like the cod piece has pins that secure it to the belt, so maybe that could be repaired. Hopefully Sideshow will just send you a replacement chestbox and/or belt rather than a whole new figure.

The belt w/codpiece is removable (velco in the back). From the image it looks like the cod piece has pins that secure it to the belt, so maybe that could be repaired. Hopefully Sideshow will just send you a replacement chestbox and/or belt rather than a whole new figure.

The chest box straps that are broken and the crotch armor unglued are problems. I cannot customize them myself or would be a too much pain in ass to try doing it. The crotch armor seems to be connected to the body suit with only 3 very small and short pegs - I'm really interested how is this the first Vader to have this problem - but maybe others are glued all the way to the strap.

24uvr0l.jpg

Back