Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No clue, but when I get my improved DX Joker, Batman and Marcus Wright figures, I'll thank the fine folks here for submitting their constructive criticisms to Hot Toys :lol

What's so wrong with that?

When many folks around here freely offer up suggestions and get products improved, it's a bit of a turn off to see someone pointing out everything wrong but not be willing to help improve things without a fee. There was entire thread here devoted to pointing out corrections on the ROTS Clone helmet, full of folks freely offering graphics and reference with the goal of a better product, people working together for the benefit of everyone. I enjoy seeing the community here come together for the good of everyone, not so much people thinking for themselves, which has been a downward trend at this site, the "community" aspect has faded a lot in the past year or two.

I'm not mocking them.
Just providing some perspective from the 'things could be better' side.

When many folks around here freely offer up suggestions and get products improved, it's a bit of a turn off to see someone pointing out everything wrong but not be willing to help improve things without a fee. There was entire thread here devoted to pointing out corrections on the ROTS Clone helmet, full of folks freely offering graphics and reference with the goal of a better product, people working together for the benefit of everyone. I enjoy seeing the community here come together for the good of everyone, not so much people thinking for themselves, which has been a downward trend at this site, the "community" aspect has faded a lot in the past year or two.

Next time I go to the dentist, I'll be sure to lay that "where's the community spirit" on him to see if he'll feel bad and not charge me for his years of study and expertise. If he still says no, then he'll be one big jerk in my eyes.

It's one thing to be in it solely for the money, vs. not wanting to have your expertise taken advantage of.
Companies hire consultants all the time. It's no big deal. Sometimes, if they like them and feel they add value to the cause, they even invite them to become part of the team.
But to work for free is asking a bit much don't you think?
I'm not talking about posting some photo comparisons on a forum. I'm referring to something much more in-depth and involved.

Last edited:
It's one thing to be in it for the money, vs. not wanting to have your expertise taken advantage of.
Companies hire consultants all the time. It's no big deal. Sometimes, if they like them and feel they add value to the cause, they even invite them to become part of the team.
But to work for free is asking a bit much don't you think?
I'm not talking about posting some photo comparisons on a forum. I'm referring to something much more in-depth and involved.

Then talk to Sideshow about getting a job with them or being a freelance consultant.

In my experience here, there's been two types of people to comment on innaccurracies, ones who just like to ^^^^^, put things down and start fights, and ones who make comments but also efforts to make improvements.

You come in here acting like you have all the answers and could be a big help, but essentially you're making a plea to Sideshow to help them, but not this community, so I say send your commentary to Sideshow, they're the ones that'll benefit from it.

Look at it from our point of view. Many of us have been members here for years, and I know I have, and many others too, benefitted from people with knowledge such as yours coming forward and sharing it with us freely as part of community working towards having better collections. Many of us have quite accurrate ALIENS marines figures because of a lot of work and contributions by people with knowledge of those costumes like you have of Star Wars. So when you have many cases like this, and someone comes along acting like they've got answers but coming off like their knowledge should be sought out and paid for, it's a turn off, we don't like to feel we're only good for that sort of thing. When I joined this site 3-4 years ago, it was full of people just looking to have fun with the hobby and making friends that could off tidbits and things to improve collections, and many of us from those old days loved that, and now a lot of the stuff around here is about where can I buy this and it's like no one wants to come here and make friends and have a community, they're just looking to buy and sell ^^^^ and the community and fun is getting lost in all that. Your entrance in this thread is like a contradiction of what used to be great about this site, so it bothered me and I've been vocal on it.

Well I'm certainly not here to fight.
Although when you express unpopular opinions, it tends to initiate conflict or heated debate. That just comes with the territory when it involves things people are passionate about.

Like I said before, I just wanted to offer another perspective.

Then talk to Sideshow about getting a job with them or being a freelance consultant.

In my experience here, there's been two types of people to comment on innaccurracies, ones who just like to ^^^^^, put things down and start fights, and ones who make comments but also efforts to make improvements.

You come in here acting like you have all the answers and could be a big help, but essentially you're making a plea to Sideshow to help them, but not this community, so I say send your commentary to Sideshow, they're the ones that'll benefit from it.
Look at it from our point of view. Many of us have been members here for years, and I know I have, and many others too, benefitted from people with knowledge such as yours coming forward and sharing it with us freely as part of community working towards having better collections. Many of us have quite accurrate ALIENS marines figures because of a lot of work and contributions by people with knowledge of those costumes like you have of Star Wars. So when you have many cases like this, and someone comes along acting like they've got answers but coming off like their knowledge should be sought out and paid for, it's a turn off, we don't like to feel we're only good for that sort of thing. When I joined this site 3-4 years ago, it was full of people just looking to have fun with the hobby and making friends that could off tidbits and things to improve collections, and many of us from those old days loved that, and now a lot of the stuff around here is about where can I buy this and it's like no one wants to come here and make friends and have a community, they're just looking to buy and sell ^^^^ and the community and fun is getting lost in all that. Your entrance in this thread is like a contradiction of what used to be great about this site, so it bothered me and I've been vocal on it.

You heard the man, we don't need to hear anymore broken records like myself here on Freaks boards...:lol

You heard the man, we don't need to hear anymore broken records like myself here on Freaks boards...:lol

You're completely missing my point. I don't care about people like you pointing out flaws, you guys are posting reference images, marking up photos, that leads to improvments and corrections, it's coming in and saying I know what need to be done but I'm not going to point it out for free from Gino that bothered me.

I'd prefer to help out and be involved behind the scenes during the development stage (BEFORE) sculpting begins. Before, and throughout the sculpting process to insure critical aspects of each component were met.

Like I said before, I just wanted to offer another perspective.

And I don't have any issue with other perspectives and it's not that you see flaws in the Sideshow Vader that's gotten to me. People have been posting those things for a month now and I've been dialoguing with them about it.

It was your attitude, you came in here acting like the definitive expert on the costume and acting like Sideshow could only get the figure wrong because you're not consulting them and they should be jumping to get your services to help their figures and you're not going to be working with this community. Totally came off like you're here to boast yourself and gain something from the exposure, not wanting to be a part of the community here and that bothers me, it's been a trend with new members here for sometime and it's been killing the quality of this site and I enjoyed what it was before so much, I grow tired of swallowing what it's becoming and speak out sometimes.

You're completely missing my point. I don't care about people like you pointing out flaws, you guys are posting reference images, marking up photos, that leads to improvments and corrections, it's coming in and saying I know what need to be done but I'm not going to point it out for free from Gino that bothered me.

If thats the case..well, thats offside..i have loosely been following the previous messages in here..fruck it man..

there is really only three Vaders made now(SS/Medicom) that are way way more up to par then any other Vader released since 77..and i am not going to include a custom figure here because the price can be whack for those...for Star Wars 1/6th..we got what we were mean't to get for now, look for better in the future because LFL are probally not stupid enough to give the fans a be all end all version of Vader...thats me just throwing out speculation though.

When i get the figure(hopefully no flaws) and i mod the head and have the dome sit deeper on the head..i will have no issues after that at all..while knowing what it should had looked like, i can still put that behind me and admire this figure in my detolf and for the price its well worth it if you are getting your first Vader figure. The medicom Vaders still go for stupidly high prices on Ebay, so obviously now the SS Vader is the Vader to own..for now anyway.

Back