ZKULPTOR's Egon The Real Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZKULPTOR

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is something I did in between projects.
I find it that when I am really stressed out, sculpting or in this case modeling in 3-D relaxes me. I grew up watching this cartoon, and I had the entire line up of characters for all my favorite cartoons sculpted in Plasticine. Ghostbusters was my favorite cartoon, closely followed by Mazinger Z or Tranzor Z, Thundercats, Silverhawks, etc.
I will be 3-D printing this in HD quality in case anyone is interested please email me at: [email protected]
Thanks!

Last edited:
How you gonna do the glasses?

Ooops.... well,either I can print them but they'd be to fragile and hard to pour in resin.
No clue to be honest, I mean I could make them but I do not have time to make multiples :(

Another morning sketch to warm up for the rest of my projects.
These are a lot of fun, I am making the whole gang, including Slimmer, and Janine.

I don't mean to be picky, the sculpts are great, but the size of Egon's lower lip is bothering me some. It doesn't protrude like that in the cartoon and just doesn't seem fitting of a genius. It's not a big deal, it's a pretty minor thing, I'm just wondering if anyone else thought so? I can't wait to see the other sculpts though, this thread needs more views! :D

Edit: I'm not trying to be rude by the way, I know this isn't an interest thread, and I appreciate you offering this sculpt. Just some polite critique is all. :)

Last edited:
I don't mean to be picky, the sculpts are great, but the size of Egon's lower lip is bothering me some. It doesn't protrude like that in the cartoon and just doesn't seem fitting of a genius. It's not a big deal, it's a pretty minor thing, I'm just wondering if anyone else thought so? I can't wait to see the other sculpts though, this thread needs more views! :D

Edit: I'm not trying to be rude by the way, I know this isn't an interest thread, and I appreciate you offering this sculpt. Just some polite critique is all. :)

No worries man, I see your point, I am one pf those people that has no issues with feedback, and if anything can see how that can make one grow...however this time around I just exaggerated stuff for my own purposes....
I have not had time to start on Winston or Janine, but I am sure I will very soon :)
Updates in wax soon!

No worries man, I see your point, I am one pf those people that has no issues with feedback, and if anything can see how that can make one grow...however this time around I just exaggerated stuff for my own purposes....
I have not had time to start on Winston or Janine, but I am sure I will very soon :)
Updates in wax soon!

It's your vision man, and sometimes we recipients just need to take the time to understand it. I'm cool with however you want to sculpt it, I'm sure it will translate a bit differently in finished form anyway. Not sure if I'm still going to be able to get any of the heads, but there seems to be plenty of time still so I'll wait for now. :)

That is awesome news. I am looking forward to the update. Is there any chance that you'd offer these in a six inch scale? I am working on an update of the Kenner RGB line done in mattels six inch scale, and though I have created all of the accessories and am having them professionally made through QuickParts, I have always had problems creating organic (ie, people, clothes, etc) in 3D. These likeneses are just different enough from the model sheets (in a realistic way) that I think that they'd look great on my six inch scale figures. Again, I am looking forward to the update.

It's your vision man, and sometimes we recipients just need to take the time to understand it. I'm cool with however you want to sculpt it, I'm sure it will translate a bit differently in finished form anyway. Not sure if I'm still going to be able to get any of the heads, but there seems to be plenty of time still so I'll wait for now. :)
Thanks man!
That is awesome news. I am looking forward to the update. Is there any chance that you'd offer these in a six inch scale? I am working on an update of the Kenner RGB line done in mattels six inch scale, and though I have created all of the accessories and am having them professionally made through QuickParts, I have always had problems creating organic (ie, people, clothes, etc) in 3D. These likeneses are just different enough from the model sheets (in a realistic way) that I think that they'd look great on my six inch scale figures. Again, I am looking forward to the update.
Wow I always wanted my parents t buy me those, but they would give me plasticine instead lol.... well I am grateful for that. I have a 3-D printer, I think if you can pay for the prints I can help you.
awesome!!!

where do you work in your day job buddy?
Thanks Sdabbs!
I am a full time freelance sculptor, but I am probably going to stop freelancing for companies soon end of this year ( might just keep one client) , and will focus 100% on my Street Fighter line... shameless plug :) I will also be doing more custom heads of actors :)

Back