Zero weapons policy at school "almost" strikes again.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
~~~What do you guys think about teachers having guns on them??? My GF said her history professor has a gun on his hip while teaching class. He's a local sheriff, and therefore allowed to carry a weapon on campus??
As long as they get training from a qualified trainer and can legally carry I'm all for it. How many people during school shootings could be saved if someone was there at the onset that could deal with the danger. I know the police eventually show up but by then it's to late.

If they're licensed for concealed carry, I don't have a particular problem with it. I had a CC license several years back ... it lapsed and I haven't yet renewed it. Arming good, responsible people is rarely a bad thing.

It is notable that most mass shootings seem to occur in "gun-free" zones ... schools, colleges, post-offices, that army base (which, oddly enough, was gun-free at the locale where the shooting occurred), etc. You never seem to hear of many shooting sprees at gun shows.

SnakeDoc
Agree 100%. Get that carry permit renewed, never know when you may need it.

That's a bit iffy to me. Like I posted earlier, I think lots of principals are dumb-asses, and I wouldn't trust many of them to babysit my kid. Teachers, of course, are often even worse. Sad, because education is so critically important, but true because the priorities of the U.S. people are all ____ed up.

Public schools have their issues, and private schools have their own issues that don't make them much better, IMO. Kind of makes you want to home school. . .but back to the issue, if I can't trust a teacher's judgment regarding how to handle simple issues like a LEGO toy, would I trust them with a gun, around a bunch of children? No. Further, the fact that all these bozos are walking down the street "strapped" scares the crap out of me.

The law may say that any idiot can own and carry a gun, but I don't think that anyone except trained law enforcement officers should be allowed to bring them to a school.

To SnakeDoctor's post, you are right, but I would be less concerned with a principal going on a rampage and more worried about him having a grudge or getting pissed off and letting his emotions get the better of him. Presumably law enforcement officers have gun safety issues beat into their brain, but some low level politician? Hit-or-miss, I would think.
No disrespect to policeman intended but you're putting policeman on a pedestal. There are lots of private citizens who handle firearms as well as if not better than policeman.

:google WTF?!?

Though I agree it's stupid, you have to remember that in the school systems now, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you want to blame anyone, blame it on the parents because they are the first to _____ and threaten lawsuits for EVERYTHING! And believe me, it's not just the liberals.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Back