What would be your weapon of choice in a Zombie apocalypse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we need to qualify this thread with "what is your weapon of choice that you know how to use."

I would have no idea how to work the sophisticated guns, and weapons like a katana will bend easily if you strike something with it at the wrong angle.

Personally I would carry a shotgun for when you're cornered and need big clearance quickly. I would opt for stealth and twin hook swords, and a heavy Bowie for really close quarters.

I'll just use this........

chuck-norris-running-for-president-of-texas-5a.jpg

Last edited:
I would choose a 22. long rifle with several 100 round mags.

They are very accurate even more so with a scope.

They have to be one of the quietest guns. Except for those with silencers

And rounds are plentiful you can get 500 round boxes for less than $30. Thats potentially 500 deader zombies for less than $30

If you ever run out of ammo I suppose you could use it as a club. But I think you will have bigger problems at that point.

Working on the assumption that disconnecting the brain works to stop a zombie...I would opt for the simple effectiveness of a 9mm automatic pistol with an extended magazine (like say...20 rounds).

I might add a scoped .243 to send greeting cards to a few of the Zombies long range...just to thin their numbers a little before they got close enough for the 9mm.

screw all the weapons.

i'll just turn on my personal force field. and leave it on 24/7. it never runs out of power, btw. no worries.

I would have no idea how to work the sophisticated guns

Me either. And to the best of my understanding, an assault rifle would not be nearly as useful as a semi-automatic handgun.

Anzik said:
...and weapons like a katana will bend easily if you strike something with it at the wrong angle.

I was thinking butterfly swords would be better than Japanese blades. Much sturdier, and they seem like they'd have stopping power on top of (even more than) cutting power.

Anzik said:
Personally I would carry a shotgun for when you're cornered and need big clearance quickly. I would opt for stealth and twin hook swords, and a heavy Bowie for really close quarters.

How would the hook swords work? I thought they were mainly a disarming tool.

No, hook swords are great. They have 3 sharpened sections, four points for stabbing and have some weight to them with a thin surface that can break limbs.

That sounds pretty useful. The thing I'd be worried about is getting hung up on something, but even a straight blade has ways of getting stuck. Good thing you'll have that Bowie.

A Glock 17 because it's arguably the most common handgun in the world so spare part will be easier to come by plus the 9mm is one of the most common rounds so ammo will be more readily availible and easy to scavange, Remington 870 8-shot security model because every zombie hunter needs a shotgun, and a machete because it's tough and lightweight (lighter than a katana or wakizashi).

Last edited:
Back