Statue Zatanna Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted a Zatanna piece for a long time but for some reason I never liked the face on this one. I thought it was very strong or the paint job harsh...not sure but that's why I haven't pulled the trigger on a character I really want

I'm right with ya. I am a pretty big Zatanna fan and have wanted to add a Zatanna statue to my collection for some time, but this piece just didn't impress me at all, especially coming off the back of statues like Captain Marvel, Harbottles Red Sonja, Dark Phoenix, Angela, Huntress, etc. I feel the same way about Cheetah. I don't think either of them are bad statues, but I don't consider them great statues either and given how expensive these statues are now...well, it just doesn't make sense buying a statue that you don't deem great. So I will just have to wait for the next iteration.

Captain marvel, phoenix and Angela don't impress the same that zatanna do, and that's after seeing them all in person.

Captain marvel, phoenix and Angela don't impress the same that zatanna do, and that's after seeing them all in person.

I couldn't possibly disagree more and I own all 3 plus the green Phoenix: Jean Grey variant for Dark Phoenix. IMO Captain Marvel is easily one of Sideshow's best statues the last 3 years running and Dark Phoenix and Angela are amazing as well. The Angela, Captain Marvel and Gamora trio is one of the nicest groupings of statues I have ever seen. The fact that each statue has a different height combined with the fact that each statue has more of an action pose creates an extremely dynamic display. I sincerely hope Sideshow does this more often with statue groupings as its FAR more dynamic than having 3 statues of equal height. And that trio actually looks even better in person as you really feel the sense of depth a lot more in person than you do in the picture. The 2 dimensional picture just flattens the depth.

marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-angela-premium-format-300463-16.jpg

And again, Dark Phoenix is equally impressive as is the variant. Again, I own all 3 and the green variant and I couldn't possibly be happier with any of them. IMO, the Zatanna statue just doesn't compare at all. Zatanna's base is one of the most boring bases I have seen to date from any statue company and its also WAY too small. Her right foot looks like its about to step right off the base altogether. Just look how small it is. I certainly can't think of another statue that has this small of a base.

Capture.JPG

And I think the lipstick is at least a few shades too dark and her face in general just appears to be caked with make-up. And its just not a very exciting pose at all. Again, its not a bad statue, but I certainly don'y consider it a really nice statue either.

This statue has probably 1 of the most least attractive faces I've see SS produce in recent years. But if some of you think she's got a Miss Universe face, then I respect your opinion. Everybody has their own idea of what beauty is to their particular taste.

I think she looks foxy! I also love the small base. I don't want or need large elaborate bases taking up big chunks of display space in my collection. She has a simple and sexy museum pose with a small base that has a small footprint. IMO, that's perfect.

I have to say for me personally I'm not crazy about the portrait, looks like she's in her late 30's early 40's (The Catwoman PF had the same problem)... The other issue for me is the legs, they look funky like Black Canary, Danger Girl and Emma Frost... I just don't like it when they hyperextend the knee it bugs me...

I think she looks foxy! I also love the small base. I don't want or need large elaborate bases taking up big chunks of display space in my collection. She has a simple and sexy museum pose with a small base that has a small footprint. IMO, that's perfect.

To each their own. For me it isn't just the size of the base, but also how boring it is. The fact that its so bland just makes the small size that much more of a problem for me. I certainly don't need massive bases with my statues, but I do want bases that are large enough to enjoy and I want the base to have some creativity and beauty to it. This base has none of those things IMO. And I have no problem with museum poses, but this museum pose combined with the tiny uninspired base and the mediocre portrait...well, it all equals a very uninspiring statue to me. And again, the fact that this is coming off the heels of what I believe are VASTLY superior statues like Captain Marvel, Dark Phoenix, Harbottle's Sonja, etc., just make it that much more unimpressive. Sideshow has been absolutely KILLING it these last couple years. Its literally just been one amazing piece after another, but Zatanna just doesn't measure up. IMO, its just a vastly inferior piece compared to most of the other statues Sideshow has released these last couple of years.

Of course, everyone has their own opinions and everyone is entitled to those opinions so if you really like this statue then that should be all that matters to you. Myself, I will have to wait for the next iteration if I want to add Zatanna to my collection as this piece just doesn't cut it for me.

This statue has probably 1 of the most least attractive faces I've see SS produce in recent years. But if some of you think she's got a Miss Universe face, then I respect your opinion. Everybody has their own idea of what beauty is to their particular taste.

Agreed and as I stated before, the fact that this came on the heels of a bunch of statues that had absolutely stunning portraits (both Sonja's, Huntress, Phoenix, Captain Marvel, Lady Deadpool etc.) just makes it seem that much more mediocre.

The base is in line with most of the other female DC PF's. I don't see anything wrong with it either. It's a pose on a stage. There's no reason to make it anything more than what it already is.

I don’t think the base is any different from he first Harley PF base or even Batgirl’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually agree. IMO the bases for both Batgirl and Harley were by FAR the weakest aspect of those statues. The difference between those statues and Zatanna, at least for me, is that I actually loved everything else about the Batgirl and Harley statues so the small uninspired bases were easy to overlook. At the time Batgirl was released, it was one of the best portraits we had seen from Sideshow in some time, at least IMO. And I loved the pose and overall style of the statue and I can say the same for Harley. Had either of those figures/portraits/stances been as uninspiring as Zatanna, I would have passed on those statues as well, but thankfully that wasn't the case. I love the Harley PF and Batgirl was easily one of my favorite statues of the year from Sideshow. IMO, both of those statues are just at a whole different level than Zatanna, but all 3 definitely have small bland bases, at least compared to most of the other quality pieces Sideshow has released over the last couple of years.

Anyone have this shipping soon? Talked to customer service yesterday and they said it might ship in March.

I actually don't mind the smaller bases as the lighter/smaller statues don't need big ones. I liked how they all seemed to match too (except for poison ivy)

I actually don't mind the smaller bases as the lighter/smaller statues don't need big ones. I liked how they all seemed to match too (except for poison ivy)

As long as the statues themselves are amazing, I don't mind small bland bases either as they are very easily overlooked when you have a great statue. When I look at my Batgirl and Harley statues, my eye's don't even go to the bases as there is nothing about them that really draws your attention to them. Having a small bland base is much better than having a big ugly base. That being said, if the statue itself isn't amazing then having a small bland base just add's to that statue's mediocrity IMO.

Sideshow posted more pictures, including one of the box she comes in - looking forward to them getting her in stock and wrapping up the payment plan! My favorite DC ladies are Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Catwoman, and Zatanna, so with the arrival of Zatanna, I'll finally have all four of my DC women in represented in premium format. :love

300262_press17.jpg

More Pictures

I wish she was turning the other way so I could display her with the cards in her hand more prominent. Would have liked a more interesting pose too. And what's up with the exclusive design on the BOTTOM of the base?! Incidentally the designs round the base look more suited to a huntress figure IMO

I wish she was turning the other way so I could display her with the cards in her hand more prominent. Would have liked a more interesting pose too. And what's up with the exclusive design on the BOTTOM of the base?! Incidentally the designs round the base look more suited to a huntress figure IMO

The ankh is the Dc symbol for all Magic. As seen with Dr Fate, Constantine, Madame Xandu, Faust, the wizard who gave Shazam his powers. All use the "Ankh" to display magic.

Back