1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, well if Snyder Cut subscriptions didn't "move the needle", then they won't feel much when we all dump our memberships.

Godzilla vs Kong was always going to be their play to hide Snyder Cut subscriber numbers. It was clear from day 1 when they put Godzilla vs Kong within a day or two from the Snyder Cut date (or was it the same date ??)

In any case, I'm cancelling my subscription now.

Two weeks between releases. A big takeaway from this article, IMO, is that GvK didn't really move the needle either, but the effort cost them box office seats and revenue. ATT has a lot to figure out as it tries to navigate the streaming wars.

It's bit hard to trust what AT&T says. For example, Crave, the streaming service in Canada reports that ZSJL broke the previous record for number of views. Things would really be that different in the U.S? I doubt it.

AT&T has sided with WB. Together they are joining forces to try to quash the Snyderverse's fan driven movement.

But even if there is any truth to ZSJL 'barely moving the needle' let's not overlook that the studio provided virtually no marketing whatsoever. ZSJL's 'marketing' was 100% homegrown within its fandom.

I didn?t see anything negative in that article, or that ?move the needle? quote.. where is that from?

The below is the only mention of the Snyder cut and it?s not really negative at all. More ambiguous on how it performed.

It started referring to the cinema HBO max simultaneous release

?
The Snyder Cut, which did not follow this strategy and was an exclusive launch on HBO Max, was expected to also help drive subscriber growth. Particularly, after the company shelled out an estimated $30 million to $70 million on reshoots and post-production.

WarnerMedia declined to comment on the project?s financial terms.

?It?s a marathon, but I didn?t think a ton of people would sign up for $15 a month to watch a movie,? said Michael Pachter, analyst at Wedbush. ?So as long as they are growing, I think they are on the right path.?

?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn?t see anything negative in that article, or that ?move the needle? quote.. where is that from?

The below is the only mention of the Snyder cut and it?s not really negative at all. More ambiguous on how it performed.

It started referring to the cinema HBO max simultaneous release

?
The Snyder Cut, which did not follow this strategy and was an exclusive launch on HBO Max, was expected to also help drive subscriber growth. Particularly, after the company shelled out an estimated $30 million to $70 million on reshoots and post-production.

WarnerMedia declined to comment on the project?s financial terms.

?It?s a marathon, but I didn?t think a ton of people would sign up for $15 a month to watch a movie,? said Michael Pachter, analyst at Wedbush. ?So as long as they are growing, I think they are on the right path.?

?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/zac...id-little-to-boost-hbo-max-subscriptions.html

Me personally, I?m moving on. I?m grown tired of constantly going on Twitter to tweet ****. I?ve grown irritated with a majority of those people on Twitter.

The fanbase is divided horribly. Nothing but cliques. I never felt apart of any of it. I certainly didn?t want to be apart of the grossness of the likes of Vinaldo or any of his buddies. It?s all ****ed to be honest.

Also, the most important part here, why the **** are we wanting Zack Snyder to continue working in a terrible work environment. He found a place in Netflix that actually caters to him and respects him unlike WB.

I?m just done with it all. I?m going to buy my 4K disk. Cancel my hbo sub, and just enjoy collecting and reading comics if I want to dwell in the DC universe.

I have no trouble at all believing Wonder Woman 1984 and GVK did better. One was a sequel to the most widely acclaimed DCEU movie up to that point and the other had a tone of hype and marketing around it. Snyder's movies have always been extremely divisive, and especially after the poor word of mouth that hurt BVS, it's an achievement that ZSJL did as well as it did. There's no shame in it not being the single biggest thing on the service.

Well..
d99be5b7aec0713abeeae235822698e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It's bit hard to trust what AT&T says. For example, Crave, the streaming service in Canada reports that ZSJL broke the previous record for number of views. Things would really be that different in the U.S? I doubt it.

AT&T has sided with WB. Together they are joining forces to try to quash the Snyderverse's fan driven movement.

But even if there is any truth to ZSJL 'barely moving the needle' let's not overlook that the studio provided virtually no marketing whatsoever. ZSJL's 'marketing' was 100% homegrown within its fandom.

Exactly. If WB had gotten behind it, it would have been way bigger than it was. Which based on other country reports was huge.

In the end it's about WB saving face that they were wrong in the whole Josstice League debacle. The movie itself, the treatment of cast and crew, the racism in cutting out all coloured people from the movie and whatever else. They are cowards and just want to run away from the situation.

They are also scared that the fans will control the direction of the IP. But if they embraced the whole situation, fans, Snyder, all of it and finished out the 5 film arc I think most fans would be satisfied with the Snyderverse and be loyal to WB.

WB will learn their lesson here. i.e That it's totally acceptable to do what they did, as they have not seen any accountability within their own ranks.

It's America down to a tee if you ask me as an outsider.

Exactly. If WB had gotten behind it, it would have been way bigger than it was. Which based on other country reports was huge.

In the end it's about WB saving face that they were wrong in the whole Josstice League debacle. The movie itself, the treatment of cast and crew, the racism in cutting out all coloured people from the movie and whatever else. They are cowards and just want to run away from the situation.

They are also scared that the fans will control the direction of the IP. But if they embraced the whole situation, fans, Snyder, all of it and finished out the 5 film arc I think most fans would be satisfied with the Snyderverse and be loyal to WB.

WB will learn their lesson here. i.e That it's totally acceptable to do what they did, as they have not seen any accountability within their own ranks.

It's America down to a tee if you ask me as an outsider.

Even though I?d love to watch the Snyderverse. Expecting them to shell out the 500 million to make the two more movies on a series not all audiences loved wouldn?t be wise.

Even though ZSJL was lighter, people didn?t like the dark universe angle which it was definitely doing more if with Snyder.

More realistically I could see Snyder make one apocalypse set movie. Everyone is interested in that world

Even though I?d love to watch the Snyderverse. Expecting them to shell out the 500 million to make the two more movies on a series not all audiences loved wouldn?t be wise.

Even though ZSJL was lighter, people didn?t like the dark universe angle which it was definitely doing more if with Snyder.

More realistically I could see Snyder make one apocalypse set movie. Everyone is interested in that world

Firstly I don't really care what others "may" or "may not" like. And who are "people" and "everyone" ??

I know what pretty much a whole fanbase likes, and that's backed up by real numbers. Twitter, YouTube, every streaming service willing to give view numbers of ZSJL.

Besides, not one single movie has ever been made which "everyone" loved.

There have been sequels made to movies which were damn terrible, and that no one was asking for. But yet here a large number of people want it.

Where does this 500 million come from ? Things have changed for streaming shows. There is new technology like that used in The Mandalorian which enables far cheaper series to be made, but in movie quality.

Hell, Snyder even did the shot for Green Lantern on his front driveway !! He's up to doing it cheaper if need be.

Firstly I don't really care what others "may" or "may not" like. And who are "people" and "everyone" ??

I know what pretty much a whole fanbase likes, and that's backed up by real numbers. Twitter, YouTube, every streaming service willing to give view numbers of ZSJL.

Besides, not one single movie has ever been made which "everyone" loved.

There have been sequels made to movies which were damn terrible, and that no one was asking for. But yet here a large number of people want it.

Where does this 500 million come from ? Things have changed for streaming shows. There is new technology like that used in The Mandalorian which enables far cheaper series to be made, but in movie quality.

Hell, Snyder even did the shot for Green Lantern on his front driveway !! He's up to doing it cheaper if need be.

Common, you know exactly what I mean. BvS made 870 million... big number but a movie with those two icons should have been the first to hit 2 billion. Even captain Marvel made 1.2 billion. And it did badly because general audiences did not like it.

I understand WBs worry, but that made nothing but poor decisions since then. I think if they trusted Snyder, JL would have turned things back around.

250million is the production cost for a Snyder WB film. 2 movies = 500 mill. I don?t see Snyder making a series in all seriousness. A single Mando season was 150mil

I really hope HT sticks to the BvS S symbol on Superman (like the proto shows) rather than the one they went with for Josstice League.I know its a bit wider than it should be but I like it?s shape more than the JL one

WB must hate money.

Exactly, and if they were smart they could turn a huge number fans into loyal customers and stop all this bs that is currently going on.

Take Star Wars. Filoni and Faverau have given the fans what they want and look what happened there. Do you see any of the split of the fanbase over there now compared to during the sequel trilogy ??

No, they love money and tbh AT&T/WB is going to remain rich as Croesus anyway... Like they’ll actually do reasonably well at least, with the products they’ve chosen to develop. The Batman should perform well. Aquaman 2. Probably TSS will do well.

I still believe this is basically ideological for them. My guess is that they regard a fandom dictating content in the way that the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse community is... to them that is like a tail that wags the dog. In their minds they feel that they’re drawing a line. They can’t tolerate that as a way of operating their enterprise.

The thing is, all we were asking for is to include JL 2 and 3 at least (most likely as a HBO Max two season miniseries) in their so-called “multiverse.” But the multiverse wasn’t created in good faith, it was exactly the opposite. It turned out that they trotted out the “multiverse” idea in order to rationalize taking the characters that Snyder developed off into completely different arcs to finish out their respective trilogies. And possibly to use them in a new universe that includes Pattinson’s Batman, Supergirl, Val Zod, etc. When we saw that announced we were all giddy that it meant we’ll actually get JL 2 and 3 alongside all that. But no. I don’t think they ever intended to include Snyder’s JL 2 and 3 in this multiverse design.

I think they’re concerned that the popularity of JL 2 and 3 would overshadow that of the the other films they have in development. It would be way more popular than this new universe they’re going to create.

It’s a shame. I’m waiting for the community to make a decision to unsubscribe from HBO Max en masse to send a message that way. It’s still not going to change AT&T/WB. They’re still going to kill the Snyderverse. But at least we can register displeasure with their decision in the most impactful way as such.

Zack Snyder is still executive producer of The Suicide Squad... and I think WW3?... maybe the other films featuring characters that he established... So professionally and contractually he’s not in a position to advocate for a boycott of the company he’s still working for.

No, they love money and tbh AT&T/WB is going to remain rich as Croesus anyway... Like they’ll actually do reasonably well at least, with the products they’ve chosen to develop.

I still believe this is basically ideological for them. My guess is that they regard a fandom dictating content in the way that the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse community is, is like a tail that wags the dog. In their minds they feel that they’re drawing a line. They can’t tolerate that as a way of operating their enterprise.

The thing is, all we were asking for it to include JL 2 and 3 at least in their so-called “multiverse.” But the multiverse wasn’t created in good faith, it was exactly the opposite. It turned out that they trotted out the “multiverse” idea in order to rationalize taking the characters that Snyder developed off into completely different arcs to finish out their respective trilogies. And possibly to use them in a new universe that includes Pattinson’s Batman, Supergirl, Val Zod, etc. When we saw that announced we were all giddy that it meant we’ll actually get JL 2 and 3 alongside all that. But no.

I think they’re concerned that the popularity of JL 2 and 3 would overshadow that of the the other films they have in development. It would be way more popular than this new universe they’re going to create.

It’s a shame. I’m waiting for the community to make a decision to unsubscribe from HBO Max en masse to send a message that way. It’s still not going to change AT&T/WB. They’re still going to kill the Snyderverse. But at least we can register displeasure with their decision in the most impactful way as such.

Yep, what a problem for them to have a popular hit on their hands and choose to annoy fans & customers and not take it to completion.

All they need to do is embrace it, own it and profit from all the free advertising the fans have achieved up until this point.

Sure initially the headlines would read WB relents to fans, but a month later that would all be forgotten and all would be positive to see the next chapter in a couple of years.

Anyway, looking forward to getting this Superman + Knightmare Batman HT set. Would have been nice to get a 1/6 Darkseid to go with the team a few years down the road. But I guess not.

giphy.gif

Back