1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The batman in BVS is a vengeful angry bat that has not come to terms with the loss of Robin. He looks to be very late in his Bat-career and I made the assumption that he has allowed the cycle of putting criminals away only for them to just get out again to eat away at him. Now he has gone down a dark path and felt is was implied heavily that he had consciously decided to break his rule of never killing, now it was all about putting criminals down permanently. If they came quietly he'd brand them and off to jail they would go where the branding was likely to end badly for them. If they did not surrender, well then what happened next was on them.

The difference with Superman was that Batman was essentially taking it to the next logical level. He was no longer targeting criminals for his vigilante / punisher style of justice but was now going after a super-being for a crime that they have the potential to commit in the future. The Martha moment was contrived and cheesy but I believe Zac wanted the name of his own mother to (a) shock him out of his murderous plan and (b) to humanise superman.

The batman in BVS is a vengeful angry bat that has not come to terms with the loss of Robin. He looks to be very late in his Bat-career and I made the assumption that he has allowed the cycle of putting criminals away only for them to just get out again to eat away at him. Now he has gone down a dark path and felt is was implied heavily that he had consciously decided to break his rule of never killing, now it was all about putting criminals down permanently. If they came quietly he'd brand them and off to jail they would go where the branding was likely to end badly for them. If they did not surrender, well then what happened next was on them.

The difference with Superman was that Batman was essentially taking it to the next logical level. He was no longer targeting criminals for his vigilante / punisher style of justice but was now going after a super-being for a crime that they have the potential to commit in the future. The Martha moment was contrived and cheesy but I believe Zac wanted the name of his own mother to (a) shock him out of his murderous plan and (b) to humanise superman.

This, i agree with you, but i dont think its cheesy the martha scene because his parents death is the fundation on who is Batman, its the sole reason on why Batman exist, finding this cheesy is like finding cheesy the whole ideia of Batman itself.

This, i agree with you, but i dont think its cheesy the martha scene because his parents death is the fundation on who is Batman, its the sole reason on why Batman exist, finding this cheesy is like finding cheesy the whole ideia of Batman itself.

Everyone understands Batman is built from the trauma of losing his parents. But believing a person can INSTANTLY unpack all of that during a moment of rage with a trigger word from a man he instantly distrusts to the 99 percentile of possible GOOD outcomes, does not give him room to find that understanding when he wants to kill him on the ONE percent chance he goes bad. Sorry... but that is a poorly contrived (and very shallow) plot point that has nothing to do with understanding Batman. If you can run with that, or understand the director's intent as Bravomite states, thats great. No harm, no foul. But lets not pretend like its rational. Snyder could have flushed that out allot better than what he did.

On the thread topic, I'm definitely in for this set. I missed the Knightmare Bats and really want that black suited Supes. Their presentation value is incredible.

Everyone understands Batman is built from the trauma of losing his parents. But believing a person can INSTANTLY unpack all of that during a moment of rage with a trigger word from a man he instantly distrusts to the 99 percentile of possible GOOD outcomes, does not give him room to find that understanding when he wants to kill him on the ONE percent chance he goes bad. Sorry... but that is a poorly contrived (and very shallow) plot point that has nothing to do with understanding Batman. If you can run with that, or understand the director's intent as Bravomite states, thats great. No harm, no foul. But lets not pretend like its rational. Snyder could have flushed that out allot better than what he did.

On the thread topic, I'm definitely in for this set. I missed the Knightmare Bats and really want that black suited Supes. Their presentation value is incredible.

Dude this is a movie about an alien god powered by the sun and an orphan who has trained a lot to beat him to a pulp. There is no realism absolute in nothing tied to a fiction movie. Its all based on director's intent. I agree Snyder could have explained more the things that happens in all of his movies, but all of the answers is in the movie.

I already have the first Knightmare bats, but i really need this black suit Superman.

What are the odds of Hot Toys updating Superman?

Either a new head sculpt to reflect the parting in the hair, the Justice League suit rather than the BvS one, or the charcoal/silver coloring on the boots, wrists, and cape?

Dude this is a movie about an alien god powered by the sun and an orphan who has trained a lot to beat him to a pulp. There is no realism absolute in nothing tied to a fiction movie. Its all based on director's intent. I agree Snyder could have explained more the things that happens in all of his movies, but all of the answers is in the movie.

I already have the first Knightmare bats, but i really need this black suit Superman.

While I actually like the Martha moment, Batman definitely still should have been weary of Supes after. Going from, I?ll kill you to we are now best friends was a little nonsensical. If his reaction was a little more subdued I think audiences would have bought its

Either a new head sculpt to reflect the parting in the hair, the Justice League suit rather than the BvS one, or the charcoal/silver coloring on the boots, wrists, and cape?

Unless Cavil shows up in another movie I highly doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless Cavil shows up in another movie I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt it as well which is why I'm letting the sculpt slide. The suit and the coloring though are what's bothering me most because I feel Hot Toys has the most control of that.

About the same odds as the Snyderverse being restored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that The Justice Grey edition of the movie was going to have an extended scene with Joker. Just finished it and they were all bs no extended scene of knightmare happened.

I read somewhere that The Justice Grey edition of the movie was going to have an extended scene with Joker. Just finished it and they were all bs no extended scene of knightmare happened.

It was the worst part of the film anyway. Jared Leto did not redeem himself.

I'll get this if they redo the Cavill headsculpt.

Huh? You sure you watched the right movie? Or is this something else?

I love this art

164402503_10165869307880643_354585719442736055_n.jpg

ExVZRWCWYAAFoyG.jpeg

Does anyone think this is a good starting off point for someone collecting their first DC Hot Toys? I'd like to collect this and maybe the next Wonder Woman if they do another one in her main outfit without sculpted hair. Then I'll have Knightmare, Black suit Superman and Wonder Woman.

Does anyone think this is a good starting off point for someone collecting their first DC Hot Toys? I'd like to collect this and maybe the next Wonder Woman if they do another one in her main outfit without sculpted hair. Then I'll have Knightmare, Black suit Superman and Wonder Woman.

Yeah. Definitely. That’s an awesome way to get the DC trinity as long as you’re cool with it being this particular elseworlds (Zack’s term not mine) saga that Zack Snyder has created. Black suit Superman, Knightmare Batman, and eventually I think in WW3 a return to badass warrior WW such as we saw in ZSJL. (If that’s the direction the character goes, I don’t think Jenkins will helm that one. She has even said she probably won’t direct the final film. But obviously we’ll see.)

Knightmare Batman is already a grail figure for DC HT collectors. I think Black suit Superman will not disappoint.

If you then want to complete the JL over the next several years you’ll also be able to eventually pick up a figure for Aquaman 2 and Flash from his solo movie.

There is also this unlicensed third party JL Superman which looks damn good. Like only side by side on the shelf would anyone notice the difference between the HT figure and the Transcendent one. If you have it displayed by itself it’s going to look just like the HT figure. I like that the S is sturdier (you dare not even touch the HT JL Superman S, paint will rub off) and that it uses a motion sensor for the glowing eyes (timed to shut off after a couple minutes also I would imagine):

Yeah. Definitely. That’s an awesome way to get the DC trinity as long as you’re cool with it being this particular elseworlds (Zack’s term not mine) saga that Zack Snyder has created. Black suit Superman, Knightmare Batman, and eventually I think in WW3 a return to badass warrior WW such as we saw in ZSJL. (If that’s the direction the character goes, I don’t think Jenkins will helm that one. She has even said she probably won’t direct the final film. But obviously we’ll see.)

Knightmare Batman is already a grail figure for DC HT collectors. I think Black suit Superman will not disappoint.

If you then want to complete the JL over the next several years you’ll also be able to eventually pick up a figure for Aquaman 2 and Flash from his solo movie.

This is pretty much my plan as well!

I don't mind that Batman will be in his Knightmare costume. I really like that look. Plus it comes with the BvS cowl which I find better looking and more menacing than the Justice Leage one.

Superman in black will be getting a bit used to, I guess, but I like the fact that it's the representation from ZSJL and overal I think the Snyderverse Superman is an awesome character who I'll gladly add to my collection.

I'll probably pick up the sculpted hair Wonder Woman figure from WW84. The armor looks a bit more colorful and she doesn't come with the sword and shield, but I really like the sculpted hair. Seeing that WW 3 figures could easily be 5+ years off, I won't wait on those. I can always buy a new one then and sell the WW84 one if I like it better.

I am thinking of picking up a Man of Steel Jor El for cheap. It's not the most exciting figure, but I like the character and how Russel Crowe portrayed him.

I use BVS trinity with JL aqua and flash... hoping for cyborg.. and waiting for knightmare bats and black suit Supes..
4c1128a596a4695b2b3ceac0eb5f1b26.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

While I actually like the Martha moment, Batman definitely still should have been weary of Supes after. Going from, I?ll kill you to we are now best friends was a little nonsensical. If his reaction was a little more subdued I think audiences would have bought it

My theory is that the film forces us to actively make our own sense of that pivotal, climactic scene. AND it deliberately leaves interpretation ambiguous and open-ended so that we’ll debate and discuss as the fan community has been doing for the last five years, lol. There are interviews with Zack that support this speculation (see here.)

I’m personally of the opinion that Clark, being an investigative reporter, after what he witnessed (or overheard via super hearing) with Bruce at Lex’s charity ball, has researched Bruce Wayne and noticed that their mothers share the same first name. Probably Clark also has surmised that the parents’ murder is a trauma that has shaped Bruce’s psyche. In comics canon Superman has a genius level intellect. Anyway, the reason we’re not shown that research by Clark is evidently to make it ambiguous, and then controversial, etc., so that we remain actively involved in thinking about it and discussing it, and so forth.

Clark doesn’t set out with any sport of plan or intention to trick or manipulate Bruce by playing that psychological trump card. He pulls his punches with Bruce, and intends to reason with him after it becomes clear to Batman that he can’t win. But Clark underestimates him.

Anyway, when Clark is about to be killed by Bruce who has lost control due to PTSD-induced rage, Clark obviously can’t let himself be killed since that will almost surely result in his mother’s death. So he must play that last card up his sleeve (i.e., jogging Bruce out of his temporary madness by putting him in touch with his unresolved trauma, etc.).

Bruce realizes what Clark has done for him by putting him in touch with his original trauma, i.e., helplessness as a child at witnessing his parents’ murder. That’s why Bruce turns around so quickly. He groks what Clark has done for him. And it is all beautifully acted by Ben Affleck with his physical acting.

Anyway, that’s my way of interpreting the scene. It’s what is most satisfying for me. And if others can’t make this leap in their own minds there’s nothing I can do about that.

Back