Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chalked it off to being disoriented by the crash, but yeah it was pretty humorous when the lady was all GTFO RIGHT NOW and he pretty much just stood there with his thumb up his butt.

E2BdGmJVgAEqX5t

E2BdGW4UYAUj46y

Oh my god, they killed Jimmy....... again lol

I like how they heard a sound, freaked out with guns up, he trips and fires a round off. THEN LAUGHS ABOUT IT. Dumb. Really had to leave your logic at the door. The point about just taking the queen out right when they baited her out the first time, I mean yeah wtf. Martin just needed to save himself the trouble, tell the people he lied, kill the queen and everyone gets paid. No, better to deceive them then come back later in a zombie infested area with just one other person.

I thought AotD was a pretty good popcorn flick. It was an action heist zombie flick starring 6'4" Dave Bautista, so not sure what folks were expecting? Zack did some interesting twists with the zombie mythos. Solid action set pieces. Decent two-dimensional characters and performances. Solid makeup effects and a good amount of gore. And amazing design on post zombie apocalypse Vegas.

Sure there were gigantic plot holes
Spoiler Spoiler:
stupid decisions
Spoiler Spoiler:
an incongruous timeline
Spoiler Spoiler:
annoying and incompetent characters
Spoiler Spoiler:
and predictable plot points and tropes
Spoiler Spoiler:
but then again I wasn't expecting War & Peace.

Last edited:
Well the commander in chief did decide to nuke the city on the 4th of July cuz "it would be really cool and patriotic if you think about it" so I am guessing the orders coming down weren't very well thought out lol. Plus it gave us the awesome blood soaked chute shot.

I'm team nexus on this one. I'm going to watch it again this weekend.

I enjoyed it. Thought they did a great job with the Tiger.

Quick question though, was the main zombie in the cape(love that line btw) the very first zombie that came out of the army payload or was he the husband to the bride? The original looked like he had a crew cut. And how can zombie's grow hair? Seriously? WTF. They are dead.

Thought this was a fun movie filled with so many Easter eggs to other movies.

At first I was thinking it was just Zombieland meets Aliens, but it's chock full of little references.

Visually I loved apocalyptic Vegas - Fallout: New Vegas here we go again!

Somehow I missed the robot zombies in all the confusion, but since this film is meant to be part of an expanded Snyder-verse they would likely be explained as an Area 51 creation along with Zeus himself.

The biggest puzzle though is that time loop angle, which gets expanded on here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/army-of-the-dead-time-loop-zack-snyder-netflix-explained/

TL;DR? Army of the Dead charts the (likely) fourth time in a neverending time loop designed to make sure the team learn from their mistakes and Tanaka gets his money. There might even be alternate timelines at play here, judging by Dieter's perfect heist that never was.

Depending on how deep you want to go, we might even be watching multiple timelines simultaneously.

That last bit may explain why time seems to stand still, or pass so slowly near the end.

Back