Your top 5 Hot Toys figures ever released.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I'm reminded of MMS 65 Rambo, I think of A long Road and it starts playing in my head. Thanks a lot.

5) DX08 Nicholson Joker
4) Arkham City Batman
3) DX09 Michael Keaton Batman
2) MMS136 Tech Noir Terminator
1) Christopher Reeve Superman

Good list. Well, I don't have and was never interested in the Arkham City Batman but the others are good.

The only reason I might exclude DX08 Joker is because there's just one headsculpt. To even partially fulfil the potential of that character I think 2 headsculpts should be mandatory. I would have loved a non-hat-haired sculpt, possibly laughing - and since they only released one other Nicholson Joker figure it's a damn shame - in hindsight - that neither figure really maximised our options.

So instead I'd have BD Robocop & Alex Murphy on my list, probably top - because it's a figure that satisfies me so fully I never even feel a need to talk about it. And I think I'd put Robocop with Mechanical Chair on my list aswell. The sculpt and display options are fantastic and the chair is really cool and almost compensates for the paintjob being wrong...almost.

Last edited:
These are guided by my favorite characters, and limited to one per franchise:

1. Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
  2. Batman (Batman v Superman version)
  3. Captain America (Civil War version)
  4. Tonto (The Lone Ranger might have flopped but I liked it)
  5. Indiana Jones (I know the figure ain't great but it's arguably the best so far)

I don't own Indy but having seen him in real life, I do think it's a great figure and yes easily the best Indy we ever got so far. I didn't buy him at the time because I felt the face was a bit off but I regret not buying it when it was a lot cheaper, I do think it's an awesome figure.

The thing is, Harrison Ford got something called "charm" and it's just impossible to recreate on a figure. Most Hot Toys, especially in the Avengers line, you got all those supermodels actors, and on other lines, you got a lot of robots (like T-800 or Robocop) or masked/face-painted figures (Batman, Joker, Two-Face..).
Having a still look on a guy who has natural charm and isn't doll-looking, when you make a figure, it doesn't quite do it for him, I think Han Solo and Indy Hot Toys share the same problem on that one: they don't recreate his natural charm especially when he was young. In The Force Awakens, he looks a lot more serious and old, so the upcoming HT looks more like him, it looks more real with all the wrinkles, but on the old movies, he's got all those little things going on on his face that they just can't really recreate if they go for a non-smiling still serious face. It's all about charm really. They should have him laugh or something, do his little smirk and maybe there would be a difference.

Great top anyway.

I don't own Indy but having seen him in real life, I do think it's a great figure and yes easily the best Indy we ever got so far. I didn't buy him at the time because I felt the face was a bit off but I regret not buying it when it was a lot cheaper, I do think it's an awesome figure.

The thing is, Harrison Ford got something called "charm" and it's just impossible to recreate on a figure... Having a still look on a guy who has natural charm and isn't doll-looking, when you make a figure, it doesn't quite do it for him, I think Han Solo and Indy Hot Toys share the same problem on that one: they don't recreate his natural charm especially when he was young.

Nah, they're just not great sculpts.

HT Battle damaged robocop and murphy(I know technically 2 figures..)
Art figures Judge Dredd
DX-06 Captain Jack Sparrow
DX-13 Battle damaged Arnold
MMS 121 Iron man Whiplash mark 2

HT Battle damaged robocop and murphy(I know technically 2 figures..)
MMS 207 Evil Superman Christoper reeves
DX-06 Captain Jack Sparrow
DX-13 Battle damaged Arnold
MMS 121 Iron man Whiplash mark 2

Personally I also thought Marty McFly was great. I only sold him because he seemed incomplete without Doc (who I thought would never be made) and the Delorean (which costs more than I'm willing to spend on a single item now)

Last edited:

The thing is, Harrison Ford got something called "charm" and it's just impossible to recreate on a figure. Most Hot Toys, especially in the Avengers line, you got all those supermodels actors, and on other lines, you got a lot of robots (like T-800 or Robocop) or masked/face-painted figures (Batman, Joker, Two-Face..).
Having a still look on a guy who has natural charm and isn't doll-looking, when you make a figure, it doesn't quite do it for him, I think Han Solo and Indy Hot Toys share the same problem on that one: they don't recreate his natural charm especially when he was young. In The Force Awakens, he looks a lot more serious and old, so the upcoming HT looks more like him, it looks more real with all the wrinkles, but on the old movies, he's got all those little things going on on his face that they just can't really recreate if they go for a non-smiling still serious face. It's all about charm really. They should have him laugh or something, do his little smirk and maybe there would be a difference.

Great top anyway.

What a load of waffle. They're **** sculpts and Indy is a till my single greatest disappointment in the hobby.

Sculpt above all is key. Without that, the figure should be seen as a failure.

I sort of agree but the figure is still the "best yet". Same goes for several Star Wars figures whose sculpts are considered below-par.

Yes the ToD Indy has a better sculpt but for me Raiders Indy is the definitive version of the character, making the DX the complete package.

4. Tonto (The Lone Ranger might have flopped but I liked it)

Further to this, not only is this a break from Hot Toys' usual "SF and superheroes" fare, but it's also intricately detailed. That makes it a win-win in my book.

I believe you can appreciate a character's design (and want to own the figure) even if you didn't like the movie and/or their role in it. Captain Phasma and BvS Batman are other cases in point.

Personally I also thought Marty McFly was great. I only sold him because he seemed incomplete without Doc (who I thought would never be made) and the Delorean (which costs more than I'm willing to spend on a single item now)

I LOVE the Marty McFly figure. Sure, the headsculpt could be much better, but there's no mistaking that's Michael J. Fox. Plus he balances out my shelf of aliens, cyborgs, vampires and murderers.

31036369046_835bf7239f_c.jpg

Sculpt above all is key. Without that, the figure should be seen as a failure.

I wouldn't call the Indy sculpt a complete failure. I think it looks alright in hand, but it's clearly not HT best work, especially when you compare it to the Mandarin figure. That might be the greatest sculpt I've seen from HT and the overall figure is pretty flawless. It's too bad the character is lame and a shame they were able to capture that character perfectly, and not Indy.

I kind feel the same way about Ledger's Joker. The DX01 and 2.0 are pretty great overall, but then you look at Letoker and he's literally perfect, straight out of the film. :gah:

1. Jack Sparrow
2. T-800 battle damaged (highly underated).
3. Godfather
4. Joker dx11
5. Predator (classic)

Honorable Mention: Kylo Ren

Subject to change of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's hard to gauge figures if I haven't seen them in person, as photos can be misleading. These are the top 5 from my collection at least.

Iron Man Mark I 2.0
TDW Thor Light Armor
AOU Hawkeye
89 Joker
Iron Monger

Back