Your Top 10 Sideshow Premium Formats (All Lines)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Order :lol

1. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - a must have for any Tomb Raider fan or any premium format fan, incredibly dynamic, fantastic sculpt with great paint and the very best pose of any PF!

2. Poison Ivy Ex - A beautiful and voluptuous sculpt, although there's no cloth on this one the extreme detail in the sculpt of her leaves and the superb paint job make this piece a winner! Absolutely no paint mishaps with mine. Beautiful :)

3. The Evil Queen Ex - an incredible use of fabric and a fantastic interpretation of this jealous character.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow Ex - an all round top of the range piece, full of surprising nick knacks, the fabric on this piece is phenomenal! The sculpt is kick@ss and the paint application is perfection! Killer base, plus two portraits, what's not to love?

5. Aurra Sing Ex - again a great use of fabric and little chains, great attention to detail and sculpt plus one of the best exclusives SS has ever done. Love the lightsaber trophy case ;)

6. Vampirella Ex - sexy, hot and downright drool-worthy. A fantastic display of sensuality mixed with bone. Two great portraits (ex is my fave) + an art print...could you ask for more?

7. Darth Talon - a sexy and elegant pose which emanates that "I'll kill your @ss if you look twice at me!" look.

8. Babydoll Ex - fantastic facial sculpting combined with another greatly dynamic pose, perfect paint and beautifully tailored outfit.

9. Maleficent Ex - a stunning display of fabric detail, I love the way it drapes off the base and the exclusive provides 4 different poses.

10. Jessica Rabbit - a sultry and seductive pose, with a beautiful glittering gown and flawless paint. The bonus Penguin Waiter is a great addition to the statue also :)

Coming soon:
> Shaak Ti Ex
>Nathan Drake Ex
So these two could knock off the last two if they live up to their prototypes *fingers crossed*

not in any particular order...

1. Blackbeard, really massive standing on the cannon from the Queen Anne's revenge.
2. Gandalf ex. probably the best representation of the character.
3. Assaj Px. ex. You need the ex. head, An odd one out but probably one of the best early star wars pf's.
4. Joker pf.
5. Ivy Pf....for an all sculpted piece, she's come out very well.
6. Lara croft ex. So wish I had money and had to pass on her, but easily the best video game character representation.
7. Doom on the chair.....oldie but he's stood the test of time very well.
8. Ms. Marvel... I just really like this one.
9. Indy...rotla...despite issues with the coat, overall a great likeness. My coat is still soft on the cuff's, knock on wood, I check him regularly.
10. Scout trooper on bike.

It really just comes down to appeal, yes their are sexier characters, some with better paint apps, but I tried to think what I would display long term. I can only take so much eye candy before I need to look at something else for variety. My collection spans just about everything and anything that catches my eye artistically more so than by popularity.

It really just comes down to appeal, yes their are sexier characters, some with better paint apps, but I tried to think what I would display long term. I can only take so much eye candy before I need to look at something else for variety. My collection spans just about everything and anything that catches my eye artistically more so than by popularity.

Preaching to the choir :hi5:
I like big statues tho so i have a nice collection of PF's, 1:5 Statues (mostly buffy and avatar), Legendary Scale Busts and atm one life size bust :lecture

New Order :lol

1. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - a must have for any Tomb Raider fan or any premium format fan, incredibly dynamic, fantastic sculpt with great paint and the very best pose of any PF!

2. Poison Ivy Ex - A beautiful and voluptuous sculpt, although there's no cloth on this one the extreme detail in the sculpt of her leaves and the superb paint job make this piece a winner! Absolutely no paint mishaps with mine. Beautiful :)

3. The Evil Queen Ex - an incredible use of fabric and a fantastic interpretation of this jealous character.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow Ex - an all round top of the range piece, full of surprising nick knacks, the fabric on this piece is phenomenal! The sculpt is kick@ss and the paint application is perfection! Killer base, plus two portraits, what's not to love?

5. Aurra Sing Ex - again a great use of fabric and little chains, great attention to detail and sculpt plus one of the best exclusives SS has ever done. Love the lightsaber trophy case ;)

6. Vampirella Ex - sexy, hot and downright drool-worthy. A fantastic display of sensuality mixed with bone. Two great portraits (ex is my fave) + an art print...could you ask for more?

7. Darth Talon - a sexy and elegant pose which emanates that "I'll kill your @ss if you look twice at me!" look.

8. Babydoll Ex - fantastic facial sculpting combined with another greatly dynamic pose, perfect paint and beautifully tailored outfit.

9. Maleficent Ex - a stunning display of fabric detail, I love the way it drapes off the base and the exclusive provides 4 different poses.

10. Jessica Rabbit - a sultry and seductive pose, with a beautiful glittering gown and flawless paint. The bonus Penguin Waiter is a great addition to the statue also :)

Coming soon:
> Shaak Ti Ex
>Nathan Drake Ex
So these two could knock off the last two if they live up to their prototypes *fingers crossed*

Nice choices they vary by statue and I notice you don't just pick older htf grails. Most on your list is on my list as well :clap

Thor (Comic)
Captain America (Comic)
Lurtz
Dark Rider
Dr.Doom
Bella Lugosi Dracula
Blackbeard (underestimated)
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Malgus
Darth Talon
Wolverine
Lord of darkness
Hawkeye
Berserker
Jack the ripper
Vlad the impaler

I don't have a Top 10 list, but so far my favorite Sideshow PF is Ms. Marvel. I wish I can afford her since I missed out because I was not yet collecting when she got released. :(

Gambit (if you collected comics in the early 90's this is just perfect).
Captain America (Comic)
Dr.Doom (wish I had this)
Bella Lugosi Dracula (amazing Head sculpt)
Darkman (I am probably the only on but I love this, great pose)
Lord of Darkness
Hellboy II ( Really like this one, better than I IMHO)
Thor (comic)
Ms Marvel

Hopefully Batman PF will be as good as it looks...cant wait.

Captain Jack Sparrow Ex - an all round top of the range piece, full of surprising nick knacks, the fabric on this piece is phenomenal! The sculpt is kick@ss and the paint application is perfection! Killer base, plus two portraits, what's not to love?

Curious is this referring to the Jack Sparrow Ex, POTC or On Stranger Tides PF? I'm still trying to decide which one to pickup but haven't seen any comparison's yet. Nice list btw :goodpost:

Curious is this referring to the Jack Sparrow Ex, POTC or On Stranger Tides PF? I'm still trying to decide which one to pickup but haven't seen any comparison's yet. Nice list btw :goodpost:

I'm guessing the original, but hard to be certain. I've considered collecting some of the better PF's from all lines, but space and funds have limited me, especially with The Hobbit collectibles. There are some that look very high quality though that fall outside of my collection - Jack the Ripper has a lot of promise.

Btw my top 10 PF's would be:

1) Joker PF Ex Im really partial to the new DC line, specifically Batman related)
2) Harley Quinn PF Ex (from SDCC)
3) Batman PF Ex.
4) Red Sonja Ex (from SDCC)
5) Uruk-Hai Berserker Ex PF
6) Gladiator Hulk PF (From SDCC)
7) Deadpool Ex PF
8) Jack the Ripper PF
9) Darth Talon PF
10) Doom PF (It's great but with legendary out soon, my wanting this statue has gone down on my priority list)

Btw my top 10 PF's would be:

1) Joker PF Ex Im really partial to the new DC line, specifically Batman related)
2) Harley Quinn PF Ex (from SDCC)
3) Batman PF Ex.
4) Red Sonja Ex (from SDCC)

5) Uruk-Hai Berserker Ex PF
6) Gladiator Hulk PF (From SDCC)
7) Deadpool Ex PF
8) Jack the Ripper PF
9) Darth Talon PF
10) Doom PF (It's great but with legendary out soon, my wanting this statue has gone down on my priority list)

I hope those in bold turn out as good as you think they will. :peace

Well I've only started collecting PF's a couple of months ago, and I'm super hooked now. I don't own a ton yet, I can tell they are always going to be my personal favorites.

Berserker EX
Joker EX
Jason Part 3
Wolfman SSE (I feel this is underrated cause nobody else has mentioned it. The sculpt looks great.

Since I don't have ten PF's yet, I'll round the list out with ones I've only seen "In Hand" pictures of

Mola Ram
Lord of Darkness
Lurtz
Gandlaf the Grey
Mummy
Conan(my grail piece)

I'll give a Honorable mention to T1 T-800 cause I love the pose and wouldn't mind owning, however I don't think it looks like Arnold at all.

My list...all versions EX.

1.) Dr Doom
2.) Darth Malgus
3.) Hulk
4.) Captain America
5.) Gambit
6.) Red Skull
7.) R2D2 & C3PO
8.) Berserker
9.) Lurtz
10.) Thor

My list...all versions EX.

1.) Dr Doom
2.) Darth Malgus
3.) Hulk
4.) Captain America
5.) Gambit
6.) Red Skull
7.) R2D2 & C3PO
8.) Berserker
9.) Lurtz
10.) Thor

So I noticed there are a few versions of Captain America, which is the one everybody is gushing over? I did see the red skull one, and it's a masterpiece.

Back