Your Summer 08 Movie Rankings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wall-E (Just an amazing movie)
Get Smart (Know people hated it, but I enjoyed it, plus Anne Hathaway :love)
Zohan (Sure it was stupid, but I laughed)
Hulk (which I actually didn't like, but the rest of the films sucked)
Indiana Jones(see everybody else's posts for this one)
Speed Racer(terrible, just terrible)
Kung Fu Panda (I actually fell asleep during this flick)

Haven't seen Iron Man yet (need to get on that), Narnia, nor Hancock

Excellent. As much as I liked the conspiracy storyline, the greatest strenght of the series to me was the relationship between the two of them, no mattter the situation. Some fantastic character development the way they started them as polar opposities in their thoughts and beliefs and the blending of the two over time as they adopted the strongest traits of one another, and I just love the chemistry Duchovy and Anderson have together, the relationship feels so genuine you really see them as the characters and not actors.

I feel that the only ongoing X-Files storyline that will be dealt with will be Mulder and Scully's relationship in XF2. The conspiracy storyline will have to have some presence I think since it effected their relationship. That stuff I'm hoping will be more of a nod to the longtime XF fans and not dwelt upon to exclude the new people who don't remember or have seen the series or first movie.

Of those that I've seen:

1) Wall-E (SOOOO hope it gets nominated for best picture)
2) Iron Man
3) Hulk
4) The Happening (not so bad if you compare it to the 50s B films it's based on, but could have been MUCH better)
5) Indy 4 (see above, but this also has the expectation of Indiana Jones behind it, which lowers it behind The Happening, IMO)

Really looking forward to:
The Dark Knight
The Mummy III
Hellboy II

Haven't seen:
Hancock (will probably see soon)
Get Smart (waiting for rental)
Mongol (waiting for rental)
Kung Fu Panda (will probably see soon)
Wanted (waiting for rental)
Prince Caspian (waiting for rental)

Will probably never see:
Zohan
The Wackness
Sex and the City
Love Guru
Made of Honor

Edit: Left out Speed Racer! Will probably see it, but waiting for rental.

Last edited:
Will probably never see:
Zohan
The Wackness
Sex and the City
Love Guru
Made of Honor

This is why I like Dusty. She has good taste.

:D

Here's my attempt at a ranking so far (not including ones I haven't seen):

Iron Man
Wall-E
Kung Fu Panda
Indiana Jones
Hulk
Prince Caspian
Get Smart
Hancock
Speed Racer

Last edited:
The last Movie I seen in Theaters was Harry Potter OOTP. And I plan on going to see the X-Files later this month. Everything else could wait for DVD. I might go see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D at Imax, but thats it. I hate movie Theaters.

I hope you people who are voting for THE DARK KNIGHT aren't dissapointed. After seeing Indy 4, I've learned to never be that pumped for a movie again. I wanna be pumped for TDK, but I don't want another KOTCS -style dissapointment.

I hope you people who are voting for THE DARK KNIGHT aren't dissapointed. After seeing Indy 4, I've learned to never be that pumped for a movie again. I wanna be pumped for TDK, but I don't want another KOTCS -style dissapointment.

Agreed :lecture:lecture:lecture

But then again... how could TDK be bad????

But then again... Indiana was suppose to rock and it sucked!

But then again... how could TDK be bad???

Then again, Indy was fun.....

But then again....every TDK review has been great.

Indy was fun.... the second time I saw it, but it wasn't as great as it could have been. Remember, before the movies actually came out, just about EVERY Indy 4 and Superman Returns review was overwhlmingly positive...

Then they came out and tore fandom in half, with some people hating them with a passion, and others feeling that they were just okay.

Heres my top ten list from the movies ive seen

1. Wall-E
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Speed Racer
4. Kung Fu Panda
5. Get Smart
6. Iron man
7. Wanted
8. Zohan
9. Indiana Jones
10. Hancock
11. Sex and the City
12. Narnia

1. Wall-E (incredible movie)

2. Iron Man (bad ass)

3. Indiana Jones (so-so)

1. WALL-E (phenomenal...I too hope for Best Pic nomination but probably will only get Best Animated Pic nom)
2. Iron Man (Downy sold this thing down to its metal shoes)
3. Indiana Jones (fun; exactly what I expect from Indy movies)
4. Kung-Fu Panda (Jack Black not nearly so irritating when only voicing)
5. Wanted (fun, fun, fun - McAvoy is now in the "A" list)

Plan to see Dark Knight and Hellboy II at the theater. Will probably wait for rental for Mummy III, Hancock, & Prince Caspian. I aml not interested in any of the others that's come out so far.

As said before, I am sure TDK and Hellboy II will change the list... but here goes..

1: Iron Man
2: Hulk
3: Indy
4: Wanted
5: Get Smart
6: The crappening.. :banghead

Still haven't seen WALL-E. Was supposed to this past weekend, but the Wife was lazy... :lol

(she won't let me go alone...:monkey2)

1. WALL-E
2. Iron Man
3. Hulk

I don't know where to place Indy. I feel like it's an outside category.:confused:

I'm most looking forward to Hellboy, followed by The X-Files. Two of my favorite properties, and I never expected a sequel to either.:D

The Dark Knight is a big question mark for me. I never loved Begins the way a lot of people do, but I do love a lot of things in it. I'm hoping the stronger presence from the Rogue's Gallery will do it for me this time.

From what I've seen so far:

1) Wall-E (really enjoyed it, and overall just edges out Iron Man)
2) Iron Man (Most kickass, but a few weak parts put it at #2)
3) KOTCS
4) Prince Caspian
5) The Crappening- need I say more

Still want to see:
Dark Knight
Hellboy II
Kung Fu Panda (most likely rental at this point)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (mostly because its 3D)
Hulk
X-Files (suspect it will suck)

Wall*E
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda

rest have been meh at best.

The Dark Knight will change that though.

Back