Your October/Halloween Movie List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I watch Halloween on Halloween night but I had seen it 4 times already this month. So, to finish off my horror month I watched Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Trick R Treat and Scream 4.

Speaking of Trick R Treat is anyone excited for Krampus? I liked the trailer then found out it was pg13 :(
Krampus is a super old tale for kids in the Alpine areas of Europe. They celebrate him in festivals every year. It's about time they did a movie about it. I've been hoping for one for a long time.

This folklore will never be popular hear in the US because of it's implication to children. But, for a horror movie, it's perfect. I just hope the movie is dark and has a good script and acting.

Krampus is only PG13?....Damn

I didn't watch anything yesterday, but right now im trying to decide if I should watch the RING or The THING

Trick R Treat was an instant classic for me. Loved it on my first viewing.

Yes, me too. And now it gets watched on Halloween every year, with Sammy sitting in the room at the same time.

Speaking of Trick R Treat is anyone excited for Krampus? I liked the trailer then found out it was pg13 :(

I'm not excited but I do want to see it. PG or not.

I've heard Trick R treat come recommended from quite a few sources now. I'll have to track that one down for next year's marathon; it sounds like a perfect fit. :)

I've heard Trick R treat come recommended from quite a few sources now. I'll have to track that one down for next year's marathon; it sounds like a perfect fit. :)

It definitely is. This was my first year seeing it and I'll be watching it again next year for sure. It's one of those movies that are specifically for Halloween time.

It definitely is. This was my first year seeing it and I'll be watching it again next year for sure. It's one of those movies that are specifically for Halloween time.

There aren't enough of those by a mile. Certainly not compared with how many Christmas themed movies there are. Seems to me like it's a strangely untapped area, considering the way Hollywood beats other genres into the ground.

There aren't enough of those by a mile. Certainly not compared with how many Christmas themed movies there are. Seems to me like it's a strangely untapped area, considering the way Hollywood beats other genres into the ground.

Agreed. I save holiday movies for the season, but most horror movies can be watched anytime of year. It's nice to have another addition tomthe Halloween line up. One that I had forgotten was The Exorcist. Watching it this year I noticed the trick or treaters, so I'll now consider it a holiday movie as well.

Agreed. I save holiday movies for the season, but most horror movies can be watched anytime of year. It's nice to have another addition tomthe Halloween line up. One that I had forgotten was The Exorcist. Watching it this year I noticed the trick or treaters, so I'll now consider it a holiday movie as well.

Yeah, I guess it would be a bad thing to be pigeonholed into a holiday. After all, how many times outside of December does anyone watch "A (fill in the blank) Christmas"? I guess it makes it better to not need a holiday excuse to dig out a great scary movie. :)

Yeah, I guess it would be a bad thing to be pigeonholed into a holiday. After all, how many times outside of December does anyone watch "A (fill in the blank) Christmas"? I guess it makes it better to not need a holiday excuse to dig out a great scary movie. :)
I think it gives the movie a better chance at becoming a classic though, being rewatched every season rather than only when someone's in the mood to see it. I'm adamant about not watching holiday movies outside of the season...to the point where I haven't seen Nightmare Before Christmas in a long time, because it's not holiday specific lol.

So I decided to watch the Thing 1982 again and loved it. Pumped for the PCS figure releases.

How is the prequel that came out in 2011?

So I decided to watch the Thing 1982 again and loved it. Pumped for the PCS figure releases.

How is the prequel that came out in 2011?
It's OK. I wasn't disappointed, nor was I ecstatic. It's a good horror movie all on it's own, however (without spoiling anything for you) the two movies are connected. Now that the '82 movie is still fresh in your memory go watch the 2011 movie. I was pleasantly surprised at the end.

Since we're all getting the Halloween vibe started a little earlier this year (I confess to watching horror/suspense movies all year long), I wanted to bring this thread back up to the first page. My goal this year is to watch the usual flicks, the Halloweens, F13's, NOES, Hammer and Universal monster classics, etc, but I'm going to try and watch more of the less popular horror and indie films as well.

Right now I'm watching Insane (2016).
After doing a quick research, I found that there's another movie with the same exact title but from 2010. I'll watch that later too.

Let's get the horror movies going freaks! :rock

Damn, that was garbage. :lol

Need a good one to balance out the stinkers... now watching Tales From the Darkside: The Movie.

Damn, that was garbage. :lol

Need a good one to balance out the stinkers... now watching Tales From the Darkside: The Movie.

You should just go watch American werewolf in london or The Thing to cleanse your palette. The only bit on Tales from the darkside movie I remember was the Ray dawn Chong gargoyle story.

Back