Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go read the AVS forum on the subject, I'm not going to argue about it here. Length does have something to do with it. Not all cables will pass 4k and HDR at certain lengths.

In terms of resistance, you're correct. That's why any cheap HDMI cable is okay for short lengths, but when the cable is longer than usual you might need to resort to premium cables for best quality. Again, ONLY when it's longer than conventional needs.

In terms of resistance, you're correct. That's why any cheap HDMI cable is okay for short lengths, but when the cable is longer than usual you might need to resort to premium cables for best quality. Again, ONLY when it's longer than conventional needs.

Yes, that's why I've been talking about lengths all this time. 4k takes a lot more bandwidth than your usual 1080p.

I read all the time on AVS forum about people having issues passing 4k through certain lengths, so read up about it first before taking advice from here on the subject. I'm not saying to pay $1k for a cable, not at all. Monoprice has some good options, but not all cables will pass 4k, and that's a fact.

I haven't read all of that stuff on AVS, because I don't have the equipment for it to matter yet, but I got the jist of it as the shorter the better. I'm also running 75' long XLR's to my subs and would rather shorten those too. So win win for me by moving my rack. The rack is also in my display room right now, so it'll be nice to free up some space.

Just thought I'd mention for those interested, Amazon UK has these for £49.99 right now...

91fpccppOaL._SL1500_.jpg

91pquBHp6YL._SL1500_.jpg

Pacific Rim 4k
Tarzan 4k
Xmen First Class 4k
Great Gatsby 4k
Ghostbusters 4k steelbook
Snow White 4k

Best buy BOGO 50% ftw. I'll be ordering a few more before the sale ends on the 15th. Fyi It works on all preorders too.

I'd love to take advantage of it, but there's nothing I want other than Crouching Tiger, guess I shouldn't have bought Martian and Revenant when they came out.

Then again, if I bought CTHD, they'd probably release a HDR version shortly after, which is what I really want.

Pacific Rim 4k
Tarzan 4k
Xmen First Class 4k
Great Gatsby 4k
Ghostbusters 4k steelbook
Snow White 4k

Best buy BOGO 50% ftw. I'll be ordering a few more before the sale ends on the 15th. Fyi It works on all preorders too.

Used it on the 4K steelbooks for Suicide Squad. Also did my Bourne and reg 4k Suicide Squad. For now I'll only grab MOS and Watchmen!

For the deal, I got Tarzan and the Magnificent Seven steel, and the Suicide Squad steel and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Not a huge fan of the Bourne movies, so I skipped the Jason Bourne 4K steel book.

I also want CTHD, but I think that's it for this particular sale for me.

Back