Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's terrible Jye! Hope you're feeling better soon.

It makes sense now, you must be delirious with fever to say you don't like The Shining.

DS was good enough to not take away from The Shining, but not good enough to feel like a natural extension of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's terrible Jye! Hope you're feeling better soon.

It makes sense now, you must be delirious with fever to say you don't like The Shining.

DS was good enough to not take away from The Shining, but not good enough to feel like a natural extension of it.

Oh man... I loved it. Till the end.. Which I can kind of enjoy but it feels forced when compared to the rest of the film..

However reading why the director did what he did helped me to appreciate the ending a little more.

Oh man... I loved it. Till the end.. Which I can kind of enjoy but it feels forced when compared to the rest of the film..

However reading why the director did what he did helped me to appreciate the ending a little more.
I really liked it, but Shining is on a whole other level. It's not a slight, how many Directors can follow Kubrick? The director did a great job on his own, but Kubrick's a legend for a reason.

I think my favorite parts were when the girl would get in the head of the Hat-wearing woman (I've forgotten the names), setting her in a panic.

I'm fine with the end, and though I hate to admit it, I kind of wish they'd used CGI to recreate Nicholson as Jack Torrence.

I really liked it, but Shining is on a whole other level. It's not a slight, how many Directors can follow Kubrick? The director did a great job on his own, but Kubrick's a legend for a reason.

I think my favorite parts were when the girl would get in the head of the Hat-wearing woman (I've forgotten the names), setting her in a panic.

I'm fine with the end, and though I hate to admit it, I kind of wish they'd used CGI to recreate Nicholson as Jack Torrence.

Rose the Hat was her name.

I loved whenever she freaked also. The film had great villain's.. You really hated them.. So watching her freak was very satisfying.

I agree with you on the CGI Jack thing.. Or at least someone who could do a better voice impression. Its a bit off putting to see Henry Thomas play the role :lol

The actress playing Wendy nailed it.

I grabbed the 4K Steelbooks of The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and Top Gun today.

Congrats. All the Steelbooks for LOTR and Hobbit appear to be sold out so it looks like I won't be watching these until the deluxe sets come out this summer. Bummer as I was quite looking forward to revisiting both trilogies this Christmas season.

Last edited:
Congrats. All the Steelbooks for LOTR and Hobbit appear to be sold out so it looks like I won't be watching these until the deluxe sets come out this summer. Bummer as I was quite looking forward to revisiting both trilogies this Christmas season.

Because they are not the steel books..

And you call yourself a fan. ;) ;)

Me... Depending what is coming with the deluxe set.. I just may buy that one also.

So watching LOTR EE 4k films this week I was curious just how much was extended. I remember when they came out way back when I think people counted the fan credits. Anyways cause I am a looser here is a break down.

For the record total running time stops as soon as credits start to roll except for ROTK and BOTFA. I always watch the Actor Credits and Alan Lee's art and stop the time after we start to see rolling credits.

FOTR
TC - 2:50.43
EE - 3:20.39
29:56 - total extra footage

TTT
TC - 2:51.40
EE - 3:34.51
43:11 - total extra footage

ROTK
TC - 3:15.03
EE - 4:04.33
49:30 - total extra footage

AUJ
TC - 2:39.28
EE - 2:52.21
12:53 - total extra footage

DOS
TC - 2:30.52
EE - 2:56.05
16:37 - total extra footage

BORFA
TC - 2:14.55
EE - 2:34.18
19:23 - total extra footage

After seeing the normal packaging in the stores I decided I'd be fine owning those versions and went ahead and bought them. WOW the hype is real. I sampled about 20 minutes of FOTR and an hour of AUJ. FOTR looked better than ever but holy crap AUJ was so clear it was practically HFR at home!!! :thud:

It was really late so I was only going to preview about 20 minutes of AUJ but I just couldn't look away! A whole new experience at home! Can't wait to go through all six movies like never before. :rock

Last edited:
After seeing the normal packaging in the stores I decided I'd be fine owning those versions and went ahead and bought them. WOW the hype is real. I sampled about 20 minutes of FOTR and an hour of AUJ. FOTR looked better than ever but holy crap AUJ was so clear it was practically HFR at home!!! :thud

It was really late so I was only going to preview about 20 minutes of AUJ but I just couldn't look away! A whole new experience at home! Can't wait to go through all six movies like never before. :rock
Why did you have to tell me that?

I'm not buying the Hobbit, I'm not buying the Hobbit, I'm not buying the Hobbit!

::sigh::

It's killing me having to wait to watch LOTR 4K, because it's a Christmas gift. I can't use my PS5, because it's a Christmas gift.

Now the seeds for The Hobbit have been planted. You're killing me.

Sorry. :lol

I had been reading that even with LOTR looking better than it ever has that the Hobbit looked even better still and that is indeed true. The Hobbit movies are so clear (well AUJ anyway, I haven't checked the other two yet) that you'd almost think that those films are on a newer gen format than LOTR. They look that good. Again, not that FOTR looked bad, it was pretty much perfect, but translating the original 5K image files of the Hobbit compared to LOTR's 35mm film really did make for a noticeable uptick in picture quality.

To my eye the end result is a near HFR level of clarity but with a more filmic look so the best of both worlds IMO. But hey at least you have something you can go buy and watch right now right? ;)

I’m HOME just walked in from the hospital!

I came very close to being placed on a vent but I turned the corner early this morning and begged to be discharged lol

Not out of the woods yet but i’m on a ton of steroids and blood thinners for now they were good with sending me home.

Give me 45 minutes need to go watch Mando!

Thanks for all the kind words.

Last edited:
Back