Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9732A770-FCAF-4660-B9F6-C0D7591F770F.jpg
D9F7BD54-A6A8-4C4A-9DA7-5B8CF2263431.jpg
86F30796-FC93-44FC-954B-578C340A7452.jpg
CCFA7DB0-CD7F-4601-A309-E4B3E7D1CDDF.jpg
9F506FC4-0415-4890-BC09-779633BAC89A.jpg
DC374B8F-3A50-4696-ABAC-BCAAE53D9A74.jpg
AD5A1775-E0BA-4926-9CDE-75D5151EAF26.jpg
E788B113-99FF-428B-AC10-6491B2653804.jpg

c613ff5b4704e7ce8efb10630ac07421.jpg

I went out and got the Rambo steel book set. It?s on sale during Black Friday. I had to go to 3 different bestbuys to try to find one without dents! I ended up settling on one that wasn?t too badly dented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho-ly freaking crap. :thud:

Bill Hunt says these 4K transfers are an order of magnitude greater than the blu-ray that it's like going from SD to HD. He said watching these is like seeing the films for the first time again, blowing away the picture quality of every previous release and even the theaters.

I'm so excited to watch these I'm practically shaking. It's been a good 7 years since I've watched LOTR, I cannot WAIT to revisit them via these new discs. :rock

Ho-ly freaking crap. :thud:

Bill Hunt says these 4K transfers are an order of magnitude greater than the blu-ray that it's like going from SD to HD. He said watching these is like seeing the films for the first time again, blowing away the picture quality of every previous release and even the theaters.

I'm so excited to watch these I'm practically shaking. It's been a good 7 years since I've watched LOTR, I cannot WAIT to revisit them via these new discs. :rock

I cant wait either.. Its been at least 4 since i watched them all... These look amazing.. Like BH said.. The type of jump in quality we got from DVD to BR.

Yep

Pretty darn good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right

For a good number of years after the LOTR I ranked them higher than even the SW OT (though the SE's and especially the PT had really left a bad taste in my mouth for those movies.) Then when I discovered Harmy in 2011 and got to watch the original versions again I put SW and ESB back on top. I'll be very curious to see how revisiting these films on these new discs will affect my rankings.

I last binged the full LOTR on blu-ray in 2013 just a month or two after watching AUJ (wow haven't seen that acronym in a while, lol) and since then it was the rest of the Hobbit trilogy and then all MCU and new SW for "epic" film entertainment. I can't believe it's been 7, almost 8 years now. I am so ready to go back to Middle-Earth. :yess:

For a good number of years after the LOTR I ranked them higher than even the SW OT (though the SE's and especially the PT had really left a bad taste in my mouth for those movies.) Then when I discovered Harmy in 2011 and got to watch the original versions again I put SW and ESB back on top. I'll be very curious to see how revisiting these films on these new discs will affect my rankings.

For a period of time I got with LOTR the way I did with SW. I mean I knew the names of all the characters and lands and history.. I went deep. I think for a small period of time I may have liked them more then SW because like you the PT was leaving a bad taste in my mouth and ruining my enjoyment of the OT

A couple of fun facts..

I still watch the SE of SW because as much as I hate a lot of what was changed.. I love the Dog fight stuff in ANH.. And now that they have all been remastered in 4K I don't see going back that often to the fan remasters of the OT. I hate the mat lines of the older effects also and the fact you could see threw some of the effects due to the limitations of the time.

Other fun fact.. I was very disappointed by FOTR with my first viewing.. For whatever reason it just did not like up to what i had in mind.. Which is strange as all I had in my mind was the old TV cartoons of The Hobbit and Return of the King :lol

For whatever reason when I watched it the 2nd time on DVD.. I fell in love.

But that did not stop me from being disappointed with TTT. Which again I liked more the 2nd time on DVD. I loved ROTK right off the bat tough.

I last binged the full LOTR on blu-ray in 2013 just a month or two after watching AUJ (wow haven't seen that acronym in a while, lol) and since then it was the rest of the Hobbit trilogy and then all MCU and new SW for "epic" film entertainment. I can't believe it's been 7, almost 8 years now. I am so ready to go back to Middle-Earth. :yess:

Last time I did was after BOTFA extended version hit Blu Ray. But the LOTR films left me feeling a bit empty that last time.. So I decided to give it a break. These new screen shots have me PUMPED!

Like you I am ready to go back to Middle earth.. I'm looking forward to the Hobbit films also. I only watched the EE of BOTFA once.. That will feel like a new movie to me.

Cant wait to get these.. And then buy them all over again this coming Summer when they release the Ultimate box set :lol

I love the Hobbit cartoon lol

Dude that inspired so much of my art when I was a kid..

All my monster drawings had oversized Goblin teeth like the ones in the cartoons.

Down down in Goblin town is a great tune :lol

I remember that it was kind of a big thing back then.. There were calendars and posters you could buy.

I remember the show being creepy and I loved the feeling it gave me. :lol

So I just watched Apocalypses Now Final Cut today...

Why in gods name did he Keep the French plantation scene in the film.. It just kills the flow of the film. It was the worst thing added in Redux and I thought for sure he would keep it out of the final cut.

Thank God for the skip button.. Im never watching that scene again.

Loved the Hobbit/LOTR/ROTK cartoons as a kid. The rotoscoped Ringraiths in LOTR were super creepy.

I can't believe we're back to switching discs for the LOTR EE's, lol.

Dude that inspired so much of my art when I was a kid..

All my monster drawings had oversized Goblin teeth like the ones in the cartoons.

Down down in Goblin town is a great tune :lol

I remember that it was kind of a big thing back then.. There were calendars and posters you could buy.

I remember the show being creepy and I loved the feeling it gave me. :lol

Yeah good stuff.

Frodo of the 9 fingers is such as sad song lol

So I just watched Apocalypses Now Final Cut today...

Why in gods name did he Keep the French plantation scene in the film.. It just kills the flow of the film. It was the worst thing added in Redux and I thought for sure he would keep it out of the final cut.

Thank God for the skip button.. Im never watching that scene again.

Everyone skips past that lol

Loved the Hobbit/LOTR/ROTK cartoons as a kid. The rotoscoped Ringraiths in LOTR were super creepy.

I can't believe we're back to switching discs for the LOTR EE's, lol.

Yeah I love that rotoscoping real shame he couldn’t complete his vision.

Even though the digital copy can be viewed straight thru I would never watch the digital copy of LOTR 4k.

Back