Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this up at Best Buy for $15.

ebTOkqc.png

Didn't even know it was coming. Are they doing R.I.P.?

Yeah street date is next week officially but my importer gets them stupid early & mine was here last Thursday, no idea how they get round it tbh but pleased they do :) lol

Well next one is Assualt on Arkham based on the Arkham video games universe but you'd like to think that now they have laid the foundation with Damian that we would see R.I.P at some point, seems a waste otherwise IMO

But that said I think they will just start running with New 52 stuff since they have already done JL: War & also Flashpoint.
Shame as there is still so much stuff they could still do.

Neil

JL:War was the first one I passed on.

I'd probably buy any Batman story from No Man's Land up to the New 52, but I'm less interested after that point. Although, Batman has been the best of the new era, from what I've heard.

JL:War was the first one I passed on.

I'd probably buy any Batman story from No Man's Land up to the New 52, but I'm less interested after that point. Although, Batman has been the best of the new era, from what I've heard.

War isn't that bad IMO.
It's actually IMO one of the better New 52 stories & was handled pretty well, substituting Aquaman for Shazam was a weird choice though.

I do have a UV code from my Steelbook version for it if you fancy giving it a watch at all??

Hmmm now I'm not so sure.
I started buying all the batman titles when they did the New 52 & I stopped around issue 20 something, it had been pretty weak from the beginning I thought.
Court of Owls is massively overrated & I hated it.
I expected Death of the Family to be the saving grace & a return to form but it wasn't, it had a great idea & was ok to a point but then the ending was so weak it just ruined it all for me & I pretty much gave up at the start of Zero Year, I don't need another Origin story

For me the Green Lantern stuff had been the strongest of the New 52, they changed nothing & kept everything in place & the Wrath of the First Lantern was pretty good as was Lights Out but since then it's lost it's way a little (johns leaving has had a much bigger effect than anyone thought IMO)
I wouldn't mind new GL movies but for that to work we'd need to see movies for Sinestro Wars & Blackest Night first which I doubt will happen at this late stage now.

Neil

I bought a handful of Gotham related books up to #0 too. Didn't read any of them yet.

If you find the UV code I'll check it out. Since the end of JLU, there hasn't been a lot of Justice League out there. Beggars, choosers, etc.

I bought a handful of Gotham related books up to #0 too. Didn't read any of them yet.

If you find the UV code I'll check it out. Since the end of JLU, there hasn't been a lot of Justice League out there. Beggars, choosers, etc.

I would get them read to form an opinion & while they were ok I never really enjoyed any of them

No problems I'll get it at lunchtime for you & message it across.

I've actually enjoyed all the JL movies that they have released so far.
Think Doom & Crisis on Two Earths are brilliant & actually some of the best in the entire series.

I wish they would release the JL Unlimited on Blu.
I have JL but I do want the rest, the extended cast in Unlimited made it a brilliant watch.

Is this any good? Read so many mixed reviews.

This is a blind buy for me and I probably won't get to it until this weekend. I've heard mixed reviews too, but with all the talk about it I figure it was worth $15.

I got it coming too. I know nothing about it but I heard it was really different. :lol

Yeah, it definitely sounds interesting!

I would get them read to form an opinion & while they were ok I never really enjoyed any of them

One of these days. I followed Batman, Detective Comics, Catwoman, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Suicide Squad, Justice League Dark, and Wonder Woman. Haven't opened a single issue.

soundwave said:
No problems I'll get it at lunchtime for you & message it across.

Awesome. Thanks.

soundwave said:
I've actually enjoyed all the JL movies that they have released so far.
Think Doom & Crisis on Two Earths are brilliant & actually some of the best in the entire series.

Got Doom. Crisis is on my list.

soundwave said:
I wish they would release the JL Unlimited on Blu.
I have JL but I do want the rest, the extended cast in Unlimited made it a brilliant watch.

That is probably my favorite era for cartoons out of all four decades of my life. 96-06 was just plain inspired and Unlimited was a high point. I miss it a lot.

One of these days. I followed Batman, Detective Comics, Catwoman, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Suicide Squad, Justice League Dark, and Wonder Woman. Haven't opened a single issue.

Lol I just stuck to the Bat titles which was enough.
I've heard great things about Suicide Squad though & Red hood should be good.

devilof76 said:
Got Doom. Crisis is on my list.

Doom is brilliant I loved that.
Crisis is well up there as one of my best, I would recommend grabbing it.

I wouldn't be surprised of the next JL we see would be Forever Evil

devilof76 said:
That is probably my favorite era for cartoons out of all four decades of my life. 96-06 was just plain inspired and Unlimited was a high point. I miss it a lot.

Mine was a little earlier than that, probably around the mid - late 80's with Transformers / GI Joe / Centurions & then a bit later with Batman Animated but by the time Justice League came round I was old enough to really appreciate cartoons for much more than just pure entertainment & JL was so well done, I loved the fact that the stories were 2/3 parters so that they didn't have to cram too much in & the writing was fantastic
The animation was top notch as well & I just love everything about it.
I still watch them over & over & I'm currently teaching my daughter about them ;)
I would love for them to do new series (Young Justice & Green Lantern have been good recently but still not a patch on JL)

Neil

My cartoon childhood ran from about '76-'86. Battle of the Planets, Robotech, Star Blazers, Herculoids, Thundarr, Johnny Quest, Transformers, G.I.Joe, Thundercats, Voltron. Not counting Ren & Stimpy, I missed the 90's completely (including BTAS).

Around '98, I discovered [adult swim] and the anime that was being produced starting around '96 (Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, etc.) From there I found Cartoon Network. Samurai Jack, Power Puff Girls, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Teen Titans, and the Justice Leagues.

So I was an 80's kid, but the turn of the century does more for me now. Like you, I think my age had a lot to do with being able to appreciate the artistry, but I also think that the art of cartoons has come a long way.

The Neverending Story

Star Trek Into Darkness

Just because they were on sale and I wanted some new films in my collection.

I need suggestions on 70's and 80's fantasy. Like I love Dragonslayer and Legend. Give me more ideas? :dunno

Jabberwocky
Clash of the Titans
Excalibur
Beastmaster
Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer
Krull
Ladyhawke
Neverending Story
Red Sonja
Highlander

You like cartoons?

Phantom Tollbooth
Charlotte's Web
Heavy Metal
Watership Down
Fire & Ice
The Last Unicorn
Secret of Nimh

I've seen 90% of your list, and do need to add some to my collection. Forgot about Ladyhawke. Loved it.

Don't know what Jabberwocky is... :dunno

Oh, and thank you very much. ;)

Back