Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: movies are a collectible to me too.

So if a Steelbook has no embossed features, you won't get it? You won't buy a steelbook with alternative artwork?

Of course I'll get it, but I won't go out of my way for it. I didn't count how many I have, but I have quite a few in my collection.

Steelbooks, like all collectibles, aren't for everyone I guess.

I got my first steelbook in 2009, and thought that was me done. Alas, here we are 4 years later, and I have over 100 now. I think you just get the bug. Every time there is a Steelbook pre-order, I find myself ordering it now.

Some steelbooks are lame, I will give you that. But when they have exclusive artwork, they can look really nice.

I don't dislike them or anything. I just don't see the big deal when they sit on the shelf like a regular blu ray. They aren't "displayed" cover out unless you have super small collection of movies and have room to do it. I have way too many movies to do anything other than pit them on the shelf sideways to take up the least space.

Came in the mail today:

Prisoners
Predator 3D
The Lone Ranger
Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters
KickAss 2
Elysium

Kinda upset that my Percy Jackson, despite being 3D didn't have a lenticular cover. :(

Are you referring to that picture I posted awhile back? I actually found that picture on Google Image Search. My slipcovers are all present. For now. :lol

Started my holidays with some movie viewing with my new Blu-Ray purchases:

The Lone Ranger (pacing off, no reigning in on Depp's Sparrow homage, and emasculating of the main character)
Elysium (with the District 9 pack in)-- great film
Predator 3D (some good parts in 3D)

I have appliances on that page :(

Did you look for the DVD section? :lol

Try this. Go to where the ad is.......Click on "Jump to Section" Go to "Movies and Music". On my ad it was the second page of DVDs just past the center of the page. It should say "Blu-Ray Steelbooks $9.99 to the left.

Bought Kickass 2 today on blu. Liked the 1st one so bought this without having seen it. Thought it was very enjoyable. I don't get the hate for it. Glad I bought it.

Back