Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon delivered The Little Shop of Horrors and The Great Mouse Detective Blus just now! :rock
Also picked up The Nightmare on Elm Street Complete collection Blu-rays.

Was gonna swing by somewhere and pick up Prometheus today, but decided to spend my time trekking to UPS to pick this up:

null-5.jpg

Not sure why I ordered two of the regular color floppys, but the art version looks to be amazing. Quite big, full drawn page size I suppose, and signed. I love Alien!

Was gonna swing by somewhere and pick up Prometheus today, but decided to spend my time trekking to UPS to pick this up:

Not sure why I ordered two of the regular color floppys, but the art version looks to be amazing. Quite big, full drawn page size I suppose, and signed. I love Alien!

Nice! I didn't think that was out yet. I also didn't know it was signed.

null-5.jpg

How did you get the original art version already? I thought it isn't coming out until the 30th.

I can't seem to find the answer on BestBuy.com, but remember it being mentioned here.

Will the Amazing Spider-Man steelbook (from BB) be available in the Blu-Ray 3D version or the 'regular' Blu-Ray version?

How did you get the original art version already? I thought it isn't coming out until the 30th.

Got it in my very last shipment from my comic book service, DCBS. I think it was $50ish. Is that a good price compared to Amazon? Regardless, I'm stoked to have it, and it's a very nice endcap to a storied history of collecting comic books for thirty years.

Picked up Prometheus 3d, ET, The Good the Bad and the Weird with the Upgrade and save at Bestbuy. I also picked up the Kevin Smith 3 pack. I have never seen Clerks or Chasing Amy so I said what the hell Itll be worth it for 5 bucks.

Nice! I didn't think that was out yet. I also didn't know it was signed.

Mine hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. :(

Did you get one too Waller? :1-1:

Yeah, so Amazon has this for $45, so that's better. Well, DCBS saved me enough over the years, although they were like a crack dealer to my addiction. Glad they finally forgot to get me a previews on time once this year, and I was unable to order, so just quit cold turkey. Now my accounts been closed out and a refund is being issued for any issues lingering which have not made it to me yet. S'okay.

So, I dug up the description for this one Batty, and sure enough it should be signed by Walter Simonson. I haven't opened the shrink wrap on mine yet, but am eager to see if it is numbered too. The outer cardboard shipper protection box simply states "Limited Edition."

Here's what I found:

"Two of comics' greatest talents - Walt Simonson and Archie Goodwin - joined forces to bring Ridley Scott's epic Alien to the comic book page, including scenes cut from the final movie! The limited run Artist's Edition presents the story for the very first time in a huge 14" x 17" hardcover. The Artist's Edition also includes never-before-published color try out pages, early sketches and Archie Goodwin's complete annotated script, and an interview with Walt Simonson, providing an in-depth view into the creation of a legendary comic. Signed by artist Walter Simonson."

Yeah, so Amazon has this for $45, so that's better. Well, DCBS saved me enough over the years, although they were like a crack dealer to my addiction. Glad they finally forgot to get me a previews on time once this year, and I was unable to order, so just quit cold turkey. Now my accounts been closed out and a refund is being issued for any issues lingering which have not made it to me yet. S'okay.

So, I dug up the description for this one Batty, and sure enough it should be signed by Walter Simonson. I haven't opened the shrink wrap on mine yet, but am eager to see if it is numbered too. The outer cardboard shipper protection box simply states "Limited Edition."

Here's what I found:

"Two of comics' greatest talents - Walt Simonson and Archie Goodwin - joined forces to bring Ridley Scott's epic Alien to the comic book page, including scenes cut from the final movie! The limited run Artist's Edition presents the story for the very first time in a huge 14" x 17" hardcover. The Artist's Edition also includes never-before-published color try out pages, early sketches and Archie Goodwin's complete annotated script, and an interview with Walt Simonson, providing an in-depth view into the creation of a legendary comic. Signed by artist Walter Simonson."

Cool! Maybe post this over in the Art Book thread for anyone who doesn't know about it.

Btw, I still have my original copy of the graphic novel someplace. :lol

Cool! Maybe post this over in the Art Book thread for anyone who doesn't know about it.

Btw, I still have my original copy of the graphic novel someplace. :lol

Done:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117323

And I always wanted an original copy, but there're somewhat hard to come by in decent condition. Somewhat like Marvel's oversized treasury edition from the 70's. They just didn't fit collections and many were just beat and read to death. Or is that loved to death?

Yeah, I plan on getting the hardback and paperback versions. I noticed there's a "facsimile" version of the paperback. I might get that one since it looks like the original. :rock

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Illustrated-Facsimile-Regular-Edition/dp/1781165955/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349865012&sr=8-3&keywords=alien+illustrated+story[/ame]

Treated myself to Prometheus and E.T. Digi from Best buy this week.

Also scored Red Dawn and Young Frankenstein for $5 a pop with the upgrade program. Not too shabby.

Back