Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50/50...

Broke my rule of waiting for Jaws before picking up another bluray release, but at least I got somebody to buy this for me, instead of shelling out myself, so my rule is sort of still intact. Plus, who could resist 50/50?

Both on blu:

Super
Lady Vanishes - Criterion Collection

Super was only $10 on amazon, and I heard many good things. It's directed by James Gunn, who directed Slither which is one of my favorite horror movies of the past decade.

Lady Vanishes needs no explanation, Hitchcock on blu is always a good thing and always worth a purchase.

39ae7624-1.jpg

Both for under 50 bucks :yess:

Picked up Lady and the Tramp today at Target for $15. It's the two disc set, but they didn't blink an eye on taking the $8 off coupon for it.

Just ordered this from Amazon Japan and should have it by next Monday...

Akira 30th Anniversary Amazon Japan Exclusive Edition Blu-ray...

Akira.jpg

Akira2.jpg

Anders, my Phantom Blu-ray disc replacement is in the system and I should have it within 6 weeks! :yess:

Just ordered this from Amazon Japan and should have it by next Monday...

Akira 30th Anniversary Amazon Japan Exclusive Edition Blu-ray...

Akira.jpg

Akira2.jpg

Anders, my Phantom Blu-ray disc replacement is in the system and I should have it within 6 weeks! :yess:

Is that a tin-box with booklet and art cards and something else?

Nice! You didn't have to send anything back, did you? I read on blu-ray.com that some people got a brand new copy without sending anything back. They just provided a scan of the receipt, with the film next to it (i think) and that was it.

Might have to e-mail them before i order mine if i can get it replaced. I'm told there's no way to check if the blu-ray if the fixed one or the old one.

Is that a tin-box with booklet and art cards and something else?

Nice! You didn't have to send anything back, did you? I read on blu-ray.com that some people got a brand new copy without sending anything back. They just provided a scan of the receipt, with the film next to it (i think) and that was it.

Might have to e-mail them before i order mine if i can get it replaced. I'm told there's no way to check if the blu-ray if the fixed one or the old one.

It's a steel case (not exactly a steelbook), with 3 postcards, special edition booklet, 2 Blu-ray (region free with Japanese and English language and subtitles); Amazon Japan Exclusive edition. There might also be a Region 2 DVD in there, based on the descriptions I've read, but it's hard to be sure exactly.

On the Phantom, all I had to do was send an email... they didn't ask for any kind of confirmation of purchase or to send back the old one! :clap

...I'm told there's no way to check if the blu-ray if the fixed one or the old one.

The new disc should (theoretically) have a new disc ID... once I get my replacement I can let you know, but it could be another 5 or 6 weeks. Maybe someone on Blu-ray.com might know? Of course, without opening the case you probably wouldn't be able to check the disc ID... :slap

It's a steel case (not exactly a steelbook), with 3 postcards, special edition booklet, 2 Blu-ray (region free with Japanese and English language and subtitles); Amazon Japan Exclusive edition. There might also be a Region 2 DVD in there, based on the descriptions I've read, but it's hard to be sure exactly.

On the Phantom, all I had to do was send an email... they didn't ask for any kind of confirmation of purchase or to send back the old one! :clap

Man, i wish replacing a disc with MGM was as easy :(

The new disc should (theoretically) have a new disc ID... once I get my replacement I can let you know, but it could be another 5 or 6 weeks. Maybe someone on Blu-ray.com might know? Of course, without opening the case you probably wouldn't be able to check the disc ID... :slap

Yeah. Usually the fixed release get a new UPC code or something you can check. Oh well, i'll just e-mail them and ask.

If anyone is at Best Buy or something like that and see's a copy of Ferris Bueller's Day Off: 25th Anniversary Edition with slipcover, could you please get it for me? :monkey3

Looks like you might get it this weekend. Someone on blu-ray.com got his replacement yesterday and he got the same e-mail you did (5-6 weeks) last week. He's from Norway. That also means that i can get it replaced as well :yes: Now i just have to buy it :lol

I picked up The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall Blu Ray on Tuesday. Haven't got a chance to watch it yet.

I picked up The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall Blu Ray on Tuesday. Haven't got a chance to watch it yet.

I received my copy yesterday! Can't wait to watch!

Arrived in the last week...

bonnieclyde.jpg
clash.jpg
dirtyharry.jpg
greenmile.jpg
howwestwon.jpg

iamlegend.jpg
phantomhall.jpg
presidentsmen.jpg
shawshank.jpg
tuskegee.jpg

Back