Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess Amazon is no longer selling SPR due massive complaints of audio sync issues.

Bought mine from Amazon, hope I can get a replacement. Havn't had time to watch my copy yet, hopefully mine is ok.

I was just reading about that. They said you can sign up and they'll tell you when the new one comes in.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the customer ratings for the film. 87 had rated it a 1. Some called it a crapfest. One even compared to........get this......Starship Troopers! :lol

Update from the Digital Bits regarding Saving Private Ryan Blu:

"Meanwhile, we also have an update today on Paramount and DreamWorks' Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray Disc. The studio has unofficially confirmed that there IS a sound sync issue on current copies, and Amazon has just temporarily pulled the disc from sale. We're told that the studio IS working on fixed discs for retail, and they're expected to soon announce a replacement plan for those who already have the bad copies. For those who may not be aware, audio sync issues appear to start around Chapter 15 - certain lines of dialogue appear out of lip-sync with the film. Again, we'll post more on this as it comes in. "

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Latest news on the new Predator Bluray - not much info yet:
Fox has announced a Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-ray for release on 6/29 (SRP $29.99). No details yet on extras are available, but presumably the disc will include all of the previous DVD's special features that the original Blu-ray release of the film lacked. This is obviously timed to coincide with the theatrical release of Robert Rodriguez's Predators sequel on 7/9.

That sucks about the SPR sync issue. I'm going to test mine today to confirm. To me, this seems like another blow that will make people who haven't switched yet, be more comfortable sticking with their dvd's.
First the whole Avatar issue not playing in updated players. That alone is going to make people think - wtf, if I buy a movie I expect it to work and not have to connect my blu ray player to the internet for updates.
And now they can't even make a disc of a high profile movie in sync?
Has this happened before with Blu Ray? It's the first I've ever heard of it, dvd or blu ray.

That sucks about the SPR sync issue. I'm going to test mine today to confirm. To me, this seems like another blow that will make people who haven't switched yet, be more comfortable sticking with their dvd's.
First the whole Avatar issue not playing in updated players. That alone is going to make people think - wtf, if I buy a movie I expect it to work and not have to connect my blu ray player to the internet for updates.
And now they can't even make a disc of a high profile movie in sync?
Has this happened before with Blu Ray? It's the first I've ever heard of it, dvd or blu ray.

Its not that big of an issue. People just need to understand that this happens sometimes with large production items. If I remember correctly way back to 1996/1997 DVDs and their players had a lot of issues as well. The only difference is back then DVDs didn't have to have firmware updates to include the fancy features that Blu Ray has.

PARAMOUNT HOME ENTERTAINMENT RECALLING SAVING PRIVATE RYAN SAPPHIRE SERIES BLU-RAY DISCS

Replacement Product to be Available at Retail by Tuesday, May 18

HOLLYWOOD, CA (May 12, 2010) - Paramount Home Entertainment today announced that it is recalling the Sapphire Series Blu-ray edition of Saving Private Ryan recently released in North America, the United Kingdom and the Benelux countries due to an audio synch error that occurred during Technicolor's authoring process. Although Technicolor employs comprehensive quality control measures, in this instance the issue was not detected prior to replication.

"Technicolor has been a valuable partner to Paramount Home Entertainment, and both Paramount and Technicolor are committed to providing the highest quality product to consumers," said Dennis Maguire, President, Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment Worldwide. "Our Sapphire Series was created to present our greatest films with the finest picture and sound quality available. Saving Private Ryan is a five time Academy Award® winning film including Best Director from one of America's most acclaimed filmmakers so we are recalling this edition to ensure that every Blu-ray disc honors Steven Spielberg's vision."

Technicolor has set up the following toll-free numbers for consumers who have already purchased the Saving Private Ryan Sapphire Series Blu-ray, which provides details on how they can receive a replacement copy -- US and Canada: 888-370-8621, UK: 08000-852-613. Consumers can also return the Blu-ray to the stores where they purchased the product to receive a replacement. Technicolor expects to have replacement discs available at retail no later than Tuesday, May 18.

Editor's Note: I've confirmed with Paramount that the corrected Blu-ray discs will have a YELLOW UPC code/symbol on the back. That's how you'll know you're getting the fixed Blu-ray.

From The Digital Bits. https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Kudos to Paramount and Technicolor for doing this so fast.

Iron20Man20Blu-Ray202D.png

Been wanting to watch it for a while, but wanted to wait till got the blu-ray rather than watching it on DVD again.

Its not that big of an issue. People just need to understand that this happens sometimes with large production items. If I remember correctly way back to 1996/1997 DVDs and their players had a lot of issues as well. The only difference is back then DVDs didn't have to have firmware updates to include the fancy features that Blu Ray has.

Watched mine first before hearing about this, and then checked out from Ch 15 on last night; no issues to report here. I've read though that the PS3 users weren't having issues? :dunno

Maybe I got lucky. :yess:

Watched mine first before hearing about this, and then checked out from Ch 15 on last night; no issues to report here. I've read though that the PS3 users weren't having issues? :dunno

Maybe I got lucky. :yess:

Wonder if I should try i first ?

Maybe they will make us cut something out and send it in or something.

I just checked and i didnt notice anything. This was on the PS3. I only use my US importet Blu-Ray player for region locked movies. But i watched from the start of chapter 15 to right after Ryan's done with the barn story and the only thing i could guess was a lip-sync error was when Upham translate the Piaf song. For a bit it looked like there was maybe a mili-second delay nothing major. It just looked a little odd but it might just be me :dunno

Just picked up Karate Kid on Blu yesterday :)

It was on sale at amazon for 9.99 a week ago when I preordered!

Awesome deal!

Back