Your favorte 80's TV show intro?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85 GI Joe is probably my favorite, but lots of great ones. Darkside was nightmare fuel, and it's great. Cheers is totally iconic. Miami Vice, as well. Transformers, Thundercats, Family Ties, Spidey and his Amazing Friends, tmnt, Hill Street Blues, Ducktales, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wish I grew up in the 80s :lol. I had to watch reruns of Knight Rider, Air Wolf, Miami Vice, and all of the other shows.

No such thing as reruns in the 80's. If you missed your favorite tv show, tuff. You ain't watching it until the VHS came out 5-10-20 years later.

No such thing as reruns in the 80's. If you missed your favorite tv show, tuff. You ain't watching it until the VHS came out 5-10-20 years later.
Some shows did have re-runs as I recall (they only produced so many shows, but kept showing them throughout the year in many cases--this was particularly the case for daily cartoons), and then some went into syndication after awhile. But certainly, you couldn't get stuff on demand. I'm convinced that this is the reason so many of us are the hardcore fans we are. When you can't have something you want, particularly in your formative years, you lust after it forever :lol Pre-eBay, getting GI Joes was damn near impossible for me, for example. Particularly before I was old enough to travel to exotic comic shops that might carry them. Best hope was getting lucky at a yard sale.

I should add that we actually had a Betamax in the early/mid-80s, and my parents recorded Muppet Shows and movies on it. Then, in the late '80s, I got a VHS and was able to record some GI Joe and Transformers cartoons that were in syndication. But the only other option I had was buying used copies of tapes from the video rental store. Or renting and "losing" them. . . :monkey3 That also happened with some out of production Nintendo games back in the day :lol

So true. Those were rough times. I collected all the Monsters tapes in the 90s and it was only about 10 episodes total.

It took me 20+ years but I've finally found that one damn cartoon I loved as a kid:

:rock

Back