Your favorite Batman costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batsuit is the best?

• 1. Gray suit, plain bat logo, blue cape/mask/gloves boots. (Golden Age/early Silver Age)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 2. Gray suit, yellow ovaled bat logo, blue cape/mask/gloves boots. (Silver/Bronze age/Superfriends)

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • 3. Gray suit, plain bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Modern look/TNBA/Alex Ross)

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • 4. Gray suit, yellow ovaled bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (BTAS, assorted modern comics)

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 5. Black body armor, yellow ovaled bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Tim Burton/Forever)

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • 6. Black body armor, plain bat logo, black cape/mask/gloves boots. (Batman Begins/TDK)

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
DCAU_batsuits.jpg

The Jim Lee Batman IS Batman

No offense to Alex Ross but after Hush and All-Star Batman and Robin Jim Lee now corners the market for Batman. He just draws him the best.

piccolodaimaoh said:
The Jim Lee Batman IS Batman

No offense to Alex Ross but after Hush and All-Star Batman and Robin Jim Lee now corners the market for Batman. He just draws him the best.

I disagree. I'm not gonna say Alex Ross is the best, but I hate Jim Lee. I always have, it's so generic. I mean it's just gotten so cliche', everyone looks like a supermodel and I think it's lame. I know tons of people love him, but I never did, never will. I guess I don't hate HIM, just the onslaught of copy cats that came after, now the whole style bores me.

On a note about Ross Batman looking "Old" I don't think so. Looks about like a guy in his mid 30's, how the Bat is generally portrayed. A little wrinkled, maybe, but 1-It's a representation of a classic style, and 2-after fighting the weirdos he has to with no super power, you look younger!

My fav. Bat-artist is hard to say and I can't right now, I haven't thought about it long enough. So much talent has gone into the Bat, it IS hard to say.

I like the modern black and gray suit. It's actually based on a blending of the forties and seventies version so it's kinda' retro in a nice way.
As far as the armored bat suits from the movies, they look cool but they are super impractical and if you'd like to know why ask anyone who's been a for really grunt. You can't move covered in armor from head to toe. It's heavy and limits your range of motion tremendously. It makes you slow and tires you out just moving around. It's a real problem for troops using body armor, and every enhancement to a basic vest is very taxing on the wearer phisically. It's a balancing act to determine how much is enough for protection but not to much to fight in. The comic Batman costume is way more practical to move and fight in.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I disagree. I'm not gonna say Alex Ross is the best, but I hate Jim Lee. I always have, it's so generic. I mean it's just gotten so cliche', everyone looks like a supermodel and I think it's lame. I know tons of people love him, but I never did, never will. I guess I don't hate HIM, just the onslaught of copy cats that came after, now the whole style bores me.

On a note about Ross Batman looking "Old" I don't think so. Looks about like a guy in his mid 30's, how the Bat is generally portrayed. A little wrinkled, maybe, but 1-It's a representation of a classic style, and 2-after fighting the weirdos he has to with no super power, you look younger!

My fav. Bat-artist is hard to say and I can't right now, I haven't thought about it long enough. So much talent has gone into the Bat, it IS hard to say.

I have to disagree but it is a matter of taste. Hopefully not liking Jim Lee didn't make you not read Hush. I think Jeph Loeb is one of the greatest writers alive today and I cannot wait for his stuff at Marvel.
If there are people who copy Jim Lee it isn't his fault, "Immitation is the best form of flattery."
I think the Alex Ross Batman is the most realistic but the most dynamic Batman for my tastes is Jim Lee. I wish he would do some Daredevil with Frank Miller.
I hear what you say about looking generic; I feel that way about Jim Lee's Superman. I think the artist that catches Superman the best in my opinion is Ed McGuinness.
But, then again, that is just what I think.

Since this is the Movie/TV forum, I went with my favorite screen version, the 'Begins" costume.
For comics, I prefer the Ross version. Just because its a comic, there should be a hint of realism for dark/stealthiness.

Screen-wsie the Begins is the best. I think that the cheeks are a bit chubby, and as a whole it's a bit chunky (they could have designed it to be armor but still be a little less bulky, it's a comic movie, they can do anything) but the overall effect is cool.

Jim Lee hands down. I give props to Alex Ross' work in general, but I never liked the way he drew Batman. He looks like a big palooka, not the world's greatest detective.

The Begins costume is in my opinion by far the best Batman costume, in terms of apperance. But for comedy value -the Schmacher costumes are a must.

Here is my humble watercolor tribute to the later Golden Age and Silver Age of Batman. I tried my best to do it in my own simplistic style, without copying artists like Bob Kane, Bruce Timm and Darwyn Cooke, all artist who I greatly admire. It's just my version of Batman and Robin along with a few of their most famous adversaries.

I imagined these characters being their 1940's incarnations, but their are a few visual nods to their different eras. For instance, Batsy's utility belt is my own design that features Tim Burton's Batman logo; while the logo on his chest is directly from the early Bob Kane stories. The gauntlets are loosley based on those in Batman Begins, and the mask is a meaner version of the one worn by Adam West.

Joker is based on Conrad Veidt with a little bit of Nicholson thown in; The Penguin was based on my uncle, and I tried to make Harvey as realistically gruesome as I could, while Catwoman looks a little bit more modern and sexy. Scarecrow is just Scarecrow.

Please let me know what you think!

retroBatman.jpg

(God, I wish I could get a job at DC!)

If you haven't seen it, Batman's new outfit SUCKS!

DKbatsuit.jpg

This one is almost as bad as the Shumacher bat-suits.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
If you haven't seen it, Batman's new outfit SUCKS!

DKbatsuit.jpg

This one is almost as bad as the Shumacher bat-suits.
BS. I think the new outfit is more 21st Century Batman anyway. The shumacher suits(Except for the Forever Sonar suit) suck. Don't even compare those pieces of ****e to the new suit.

Back