You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Faramir about to ship and no more announcements for the 1/6 I must admit I'm getting a little antsy about the future of this line.

I don't collect PF (although I would certainly buy a Black Gates Aragorn) but 15 months is far too long a time to wait for any announcement. I would assume that it's gasping for breath right now and about to go under...

It is depressing and even more depressing when you factor in the time between announcement and shipping. It will be over 2 years between pieces.:monkey2

I recently jumped on board the 12" LOTR line (thanks DarthLoki) to go along with my completed Bond and SW 12" lines--- I'm sad to realize that Bond might be done (maybe a Craig in the future--- but beside the rehash Legacy Bonds there's not much else) and the 12" LOTR is moving at a snail's pace. Having said that the PF LOTR are moving backwards!!! Yes I collect the 12" SW--- and recently I've also bought a couple of the PF from SW, but it's scary to think that a line you enjoy and want to collect for many years to come might suddenly disappear. I've seen many people here jump ship from the LOTR 12" & PF lines due to the lack of action--- are SS seeing this? Are they killing a line on purpose? You have to give more than teasers to keep a line hot...

SW & Marvel are the big $$$ items. But you've got to be careful when you put all of your Easter eggs in one basket.

I'm telling you it's because SS hasn't figured out the hobbits yet! :(

This is the only line I want to be a completest in and its the most difficult one to stand by!!!

Im relatively new to Sideshow, I only had the 3 original Platoon figures. When they started releasing the 12" LOTR, I was pumped, but if SS doesnt plan on continuing this line I wish they would let us know so that I dont put any more money into it. I wouldnt have start to collect the 12" line if I knew they wouldnt at least do the fellowship. Come on SS give us some answers.

I don't think the 12" line is in any trouble. Again, it's only been 4 months between announcements. I don't collect the 12" line, but I do the PF line and that's been 15 freaking months. No excuse for that no matter how you try to spin it.

Maybe they have lost the licence for 1/4 LOTR figures....:confused: you never know....

Shai Hulud said:
Maybe they have lost the licence for 1/4 LOTR figures....:confused: you never know....

Then announce it so we know. I don't think it would be top secret if that was the cae. Just tell us.

Give it a rest, people. It's been indicated on this board several times already that Sideshow won't be making any PF announcements until SDCC. I'd be pleased as punch if we get an early announcement, but I don't anticipate anything until it gets closer to the Con. Plus, Sideshow is too wrapped up in Star Wars and CIV at the moment. It is what it is, and threads created after every newsletter complaining about lack of LOTR is not going rush any announcements. Sideshow will announce when they are ready.

I'm actually glad SS isnt doing anything with the 2 lines I was interested in collecting (LotR and WoW), decided to quit SS alltogether and putting the money I save into other things I have wanted for a while now (including a 6 week trip to the US). :D

If Sideshow doesn't release, at the very least, the Fellowship Nine in 12" format, it would be a travesty to the collectors.

I'm almost certain that we will get the hobbits and dwarf, as well as Gandalf, but I'm hoping that with the painfully slow release schedule, that they don't pull an "Endor Triplets" stunt and bypass the central characters for some obscure ones that hardly anyone wants.

Ironically, this was the one line that I was willing to be a completist on and it's the one line that looks to be on life-support...

The next two PFs better be near perfect! I am having a real hard time understanding why it's taken them this long. Surely, a great collectible company such as Sideshow doesn't need 14 plus months to make two figures? :confused: :emperor

FlyAndFight said:
Ironically, this was the one line that I was willing to be a completist on and it's the one line that looks to be on life-support...

The way I see it, if one is a completist and they ended here, then you ARE complete.

I agree that the PF news is troubling, but, then again, LOTR aficionados are more picky with their choices now, now that SS has already released successfully dozens of LOTR merchandise (and a reminder that it was LOTR that launched SS) during their days with Weta. I mean, my shelves runneth over trying to squeeze in new LOTR stuff.

And the glory that Marvel and Star Wars are enjoying now is what LOTR had seen previously. Let them enjoy their glory. Meanwhile, I'll be sitting back and take it all in, but not as googly-eyed as I was with LOTR. For my part, SS/W's LOTR still takes the brunt of my collection, counting at over 150 total pieces. I don't think Star Wars nor Marvel can catch up to that number anytime soon.

choopie said:
Give it a rest, people. It's been indicated on this board several times already that Sideshow won't be making any PF announcements until SDCC. I'd be pleased as punch if we get an early announcement, but I don't anticipate anything until it gets closer to the Con. Plus, Sideshow is too wrapped up in Star Wars and CIV at the moment. It is what it is, and threads created after every newsletter complaining about lack of LOTR is not going rush any announcements. Sideshow will announce when they are ready.

Was this posted by a SS staff or heresay? Post a link as i cannot recall this being posted. I do recall the possibility of one being previewed at toyfair but that has been and gone with no preview.

Back