You aren't cool, because you don't know ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never watched reality TV talent shows...

..and congratulations to all of you who have managed to avoid Dr Who.. it is the type of science fiction that makes me ashamed to be British.

That is what I was thinking ... Dr. Who is a british thing ... I mean it is pretty big in the UK !

Maybe cool, but I can´t say that because I only saw one episode 10 years ago and one episode from the new series recently ... I like The League of Gentlemen better. British comedies are really awesome !

Btw I dont care if people think I am cool or lame.

Last edited:
Dr. Who is the worst produces and has th worst effects I've ever seen in my life. You aren't missing anything. I'll take SG:1 or SG:A or Eureka or anything on our Sci-Fi Channel compared to that show. Hell, I'd rather watch a crappy Saturday night Sci-Fi movie that that show.

I've never read a Harry Potter book or any Tolken books. Never ever.

Nor have I read or even heard of Watchmen until SDCC. But now it's my most anticipated movie of 2009....... so far....... Will be reading when the new, fancy book gets reprinted.

MAN, you're missing out on some of the greatest books. Harry Potter novels are decent, but the LoTR are classics.

Watchmen is the single greatest graphic novel in history and probably WILL be the greatest one in history. For all of you who haven't read them

Shame-award-1.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I have never seen an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Or Battlestar Galactica. Or Survivor. Or any of the CSI shows. Or Desperate Housewives. Etc.

Never seen Battlestar Galactica, even though someone lent me the box set, I just can't muster up the interest.
music_snob_Venn_diagram-750009-750057.jpg

Sums up most of pop-culture snobbery.

It's more uncool to not have done something than anything mentioned above - all this stuff is Geek 101 - and to be a Geek you need to have experienced it.

But I'm not cool because I've never:
-snowboarded
-been to Thailand
-smoked weed in Amsterdam
-had sex in an airplane bathroom

(and that's it - I've done everything else).

I'm not cool because I don't know what the kids slang words mean anymore.

Anyone who posts an anti-Doctor Who comment will be on my ^^^^ list. :tap

;)

I don't really like Dr. Who either... :D

It reminds me of a conversation I had with Les a while back, I was talking about the new BSG and he was nodding...listening to me.

A minute later he told me that he caught a few episodes and really didn't like it at all.

There was a moment of silence as I struggled to change the topic. :lol

I honestly didn't want to force the show on him. Really, we all like what we like. It doesn't make anyone any more "cool" for it, just shows a difference in taste.

But still, BSG is a badass show. The Godfather is a badass movie and must be seen by ALL film fans. And if you read comics and have never read Watchmen... it's a must. :lol

It's more uncool to not have done something than anything mentioned above - all this stuff is Geek 101 - and to be a Geek you need to have experienced it.

-snowboarded
-been to Thailand

In honor of the Darklords view

I have never gotten fall down drunk
I have never ever smoked pot or done any other illegal drugs
I don't know all the short cut terms for text messaging, I spell all the words out completely
and I have never had sex at work, Okay I did have sex at work but it sucked.........:banana

-snowboarded
-been to Thailand

thats a very short to do list dave & somewhat acheivable........except maybe that snowboardin thing....;)

Don't get too hung up on the "cool or uncool" aspect of the thread. I was just trying to come up with a way to introduce the subject of pop culture stuff that you may have missed out on seeing.

That being said, if you have never seen the Godfather, you are seriously uncool. :)

I haven't read a single Harry Potter book either. I have seen only two of the movies. I have had sex in multiple public places, but that doesn't really apply to the thread.

Never read the Hobbit or any LotR books.

Never seen an episode of Buffy, Angel or any of the other "whedonville" stuff.

Never seen an episode of Dr. Who.

Never played any Halo games.

Probably 100 other things too.

I am a no Who chap too, which is a good thing considering just how awesome the Weta sculpts look! :drool

Never have seen Battlestar either, and I am tempted to buy the box sets all the time, but back out without having seen one episode yet.

That is all. :whip

Back