Yoda VCD Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does not appeal to me at all. I don't think it's a very good representation of Yoda, however much the sculptor may be revered.

I like the Hasbro AOTC better, and will wait for the Sideshow version. You just know the Sideshow sculptors are chomping at the bit to tackle Yoda.

I ordered the Yoda VCD today. Love it! It really looks great. I almost got two, that's how enthusiastic I'm about it. The price tag stoped me from doing it though. Will he be in scale with the SSC 12" figures? He's about 5", that should be the right size I think.

i hope all you guys talking trash about this VCD YODA arent be serious. this Yoda is from medicom, which is japan. medicom has nothing to do with sideshow,with the acception that sideshow is third party to their product. therefore medicom VCD YODA will not be or ever will be scaled to or made to go with yor sideshow 12" star wars figures. also,he doesnt look wierd, he is just japans representation of yoda, and i think he looks awesome and has personality......sorry for the rant.

sonolimy said:
i hope all you guys talking trash about this VCD YODA arent be serious. this Yoda is from medicom, which is japan. medicom has nothing to do with sideshow,with the acception that sideshow is third party to their product. therefore medicom VCD YODA will not be or ever will be scaled to or made to go with yor sideshow 12" star wars figures. also,he doesnt look wierd, he is just japans representation of yoda, and i think he looks awesome and has personality......sorry for the rant.

...Japan can keep him. :D

yoda is supposed to be 2 ft 2 in tall...so maybe the 5" is almost right for scale...especially when you factor in the SS stand the 12inchers are on...of course the 12inchers are not exactly to scale either.

I preordered one of the Yoda VCDs but I may cancel him depending on money and how the final product looks. I am just afraid that we may not see Yoda for a few years and this one can hold me over.

I am undecided. He doesn't quite seem to go with the previous deformed Vader, Fett and troopers. I don't know where else I would put him. I'm going to have to think about this one...

Hrrm. Pass.

Thing is, I have a very large Yoda-focused collection that I've been slowly gathering over the past few years, and yet I have zero interest in this "Yoda." It's pretty sad when a cheap HASBRO figure could feature a better likeness than an expensive Medicom doll. Easy pass for me, which actually is upsetting. I had high hopes for this when it was first announced...until I saw these pictures of that weird green zombie thing. I don't know what it's supposed to be, but that ain't Yoda.

:monkey2 :monkey2

crasis said:
Hrrm. Pass.

Thing is, I have a very large Yoda-focused collection that I've been slowly gathering over the past few years, and yet I have zero interest in this "Yoda." It's pretty sad when a cheap HASBRO figure could feature a better likeness than an expensive Medicom doll. Easy pass for me, which actually is upsetting. I had high hopes for this when it was first announced...until I saw these pictures of that weird green zombie thing. I don't know what it's supposed to be, but that ain't Yoda.

:monkey2 :monkey2

Pass for me too. He looks like my friend's 95 year old grandma. I know yoda's old, but this yoda looks old and decrepited. not a yoda I would want in any form.

Yoda.JPG

i like it, looks like i'm in the minority.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1987

Last edited:
He looks pretty good, but is he articulated at all? He doesn't look like the other VCD figures, but maybe he can't be considered a RAH because he doesn't use the same base-body? I was under the impression he was more in 1/6 scale than the SD stuff.

Pass.

Yoda wasn't skinny or frail looking in any of the films.

Does he have the messed up eye like he had during his "death"

Back