Yoda VCD Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think?

YodaVCD.jpg

Anyone buying it -- or are you waiting for Sideshow's Yoda?

Not buying, but I want to know what is going on with his cane (or whatever is in his left hand)?

He really looks drunk too.

caption1081.jpg

tomandshell said:
I like the rest of the deformed line, but I won't be getting this one. It doesn't really look deformed, just kind of...

:confused:

I don't think it's supposed to. This is a new line, right?! Does VCD always mean they are "deformed?" :confused:

LOTRFan said:
I don't think it's supposed to. This is a new line, right?! Does VCD always mean they are "deformed?" :confused:

I guess you're right--it doesn't say anything about being deformed. Well, I'm not buying it, I know that much.

Definitely not a good looking Yoda. Reminds me of E.T. when he was all pasty white and dying.

I like it. Never cared about the VCD's because they are ... deformed. Not my kind of thing. I like this Yoda, because he in not deformed! Looks good. But he doesn't fit in the VCD line for sure.

I like it too,it ,looks how yoda in ROTJ looks...... dying! That's screen acurate dudes! I hate healthy PT Yoda, I think I''m getting this for sure, DEAD YODA-DEAD YODA!

First off, the little brown thing in YODAS hand is a peice of food from Episode VI ANH when he rummage thru Lukes things. VCD does not mean they are all deformed. VCD stands for Vinyl Collectible Doll, and they have a lot of collectible value and have a lot of character. I have two Boba Fetts, one from ESB and ROTJ that both range from 150 to 250 dollars. This YODA has a lot of personality and its affordable.

Medicom's "Vinyl Collectible Dolls" covers many licenses, including Disney. Yoda will be the first I know of that is both mixed media (Medicom released an excellent mixed media Pinocchio, but under its Miracle Action Figure DX line) and not drawn from a very simple animated source. The deformed line is very simplified and animation-like, don't you think?

I expect this figure will delight those who get it, and that it may complement Sideshow figures nicely. However, I am waiting to see the price before deciding. The Star Wars deformed VCD collection and the Disney collection are priced about the same. This little guy may be slightly more expensive than a regular Sideshow figure. I think the fact that it may seem like natural part of the Sideshow line will make many balk at the price.

Incidentally, other online dealers have the Medicom Sex Pistols figures slightly cheaper than Sideshow's sold-out offerings were listed. Makes me wonder where else Yoda might be available.

Anybody have the Kotobukiya Yoda perched on the tree? It's supposed to be 1:7. I'd love to see it with Sideshow Luke.

Back