Yoda VCD is out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crasis said:
It's pretty sad when a cheap HASBRO figure could feature a better likeness than an expensive Medicom doll. .

Some said that about SS Han too, some still do.

I think it looks like Yoda. How bout I give that toy to ANYONE and not say WHO it is and they'll say "Why'd you hand me that Yoda?" So, I mean, it looks like Yoda. I'm not saying you can't like it, but to say it DOESN'T look ANYTHING like Yoda is a bit much. Hate in moderation. Like Palpatine!:emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

crasis said:
Too bad it still doesn't look like Yoda. I would have bought this in a second had the likeness been even remotely close.

It was said when this figure first started buzzing on the net that it was meant to be stylized and not an exact look-alike. "Yoda is the latest in the series, although Yoda is a stylistic departure from the H8G designed Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper, and TIE Pilot." - Sideshow product description. You're still correct that it doesn't look exactly like him, but if you're comment is meant to be that of dissappointment with how he came out, then you missed the intent of the design.

I got one today!
image1693.jpg

image1695.jpg

image1699.jpg

image1701.jpg

Nice to see him in scale with the 12'' but his face is off....look like yodas younger brother..

image1696.jpg

feel good but not the best! (maybe need to do something repaint...)
the Box's letter is EP5 ver. (sliver colour)... next is EP3 ver...!?

I like it. Looks like I'm going to have to paint a little hair on him though.

It's a hard decision whether to get him. It will likely be a while before sideshow comes out with a version of their own because of the new body that can't be easily used for other characters. He is in scale and I think overall he's recognizable from afar in context with other star wars 12 inchers. The hair is a little annoying, but overall I think he would look nice with the other jedi. I'm surprised there's any articulation, so very happy about that.

He looks okay, but I think a repaint would help. And his robe could do with some weathering too.

he looks good but the only thing about him is that he does not look like the rest of the VCD characters so far.

QQB...you have any pics of Yoda vcd next to another vcd character? thanks.

i would get him if he was $40 :/
Because I bought two of the AOTC ones by hasbro and I love them, but the articulation limits their poses.
the likeness on this one aint bad at all

paints a little cheap but I like the sculpt

It looks ok for a stylized version but it looks very off from the real thing (and I guess that's the whole point with the VCD line, so that's great). I just wish the paint job would have been nicer, looks very flat and cheap. Why would they not paint the sculpted hair that is there white, or give the skin a bit more of a texture? Maybe it’s apart of the whole stylized look of the figure…

Back