Yoda VCD 5 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I think it's a maturation process in my reviews. I try to give plenty of information this one worked out really well.

jlcmsu said:
Thanks! I think it's a maturation process in my reviews. I try to give plenty of information this one worked out really well.

I can relate to that. I'm in the process of revising all my old SSC reviews to look like the latest one (Darth Maul), and I can't believe how awful the old ones looked!! :)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I can relate to that. I'm in the process of revising all my old SSC reviews to look like the latest one (Darth Maul), and I can't believe how awful the old ones looked!! :)

Yup, just gotta correct as ya go. I'm trying to make sure like with this Yoda that I give plenty of information on the subject. Makes for more of an interesting read but Yoda was fairly easy being such an important character.

What do you think?

Just finished.....

Stock eyes:

DSC00323.jpg

No flash:

DSC00322.jpg

With flash:

DSC00321.jpg

My wife got her Yoda a few days ago, and I finally got a chance to start photographing and Photoshopping him in preparation for a review.

Here's the first shot off the line. This Yoda sculpt is spot-on!!!!

vcdYoda_gallery01.jpg

Got mine last week. Can't wait to begin work on him! Joints, paint, the works. He's fantabulous out of the box, but I'm a hopless meddler.

IrishJedi said:
This thread "forced" me into buying one of these off eBay over the weekend.

You bastards. :monkey5

:lol

Our plans are working!!!!!!!!!!

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

Seriously, you will not regret it. It's not very articulated, but it's a killer piece. If it hadn't been for my wife wanting to buy, I would've passed though. Glad she was so insistent!! :)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Our plans are working!!!!!!!!!!

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

Seriously, you will not regret it. It's not very articulated, but it's a killer piece. If it hadn't been for my wife wanting to buy, I would've passed though. Glad she was so insistent!! :)

Yeah, I'm actually quite looking forward to receiving it. I had thought of pre-ordering it from SSC in the first place but the early pics and fears of scale turned me off. Thankfully, both of those are non-issues... so he's mine. Got him for a good price, too.

:chew

IrishJedi said:
Yeah, I'm actually quite looking forward to receiving it. I had thought of pre-ordering it from SSC in the first place but the early pics and fears of scale turned me off. Thankfully, both of those are non-issues... so he's mine. Got him for a good price, too.

:chew

The scale is great, and I don't know what is up with those promo pics!!! The sculpt looks NOTHING like the "stoned Yoda" on SSC's site.

I got mine a few days ago. Only problem is it wont stand up on its own. It just keeps falling over. I ended up having to use his cane to prop him up.

mfoga said:
I got mine a few days ago. Only problem is it wont stand up on its own. It just keeps falling over. I ended up having to use his cane to prop him up.

Yeah, he doesn't stand up on his on very well.

Mine is the same way. I folded a piece of paper and put it under the toes and now he is balanced.

It depends on how his arms are posed. If you have both arms extended (and worse, if one or both are holding accessories), then his center of gravity is thrown off-balance and without lower-body articulation, he topples over.

My wife and I are using that yellow wacky-tack that Wal-Mart sells cheap to keep him securely to the shelf. It's reuseable and non-damaging to the figure. Just put some on each foot and press him down onto the shelf.

JohnyBoo said:
Mine is the same way. I folded a piece of paper and put it under the toes and now he is balanced.

Well he does come with a cane! Mine doesn't tip at all, but I'd suggest using his cane for what it's meant for, balance.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Well he does come with a cane! Mine doesn't tip at all, but I'd suggest using his cane for what it's meant for, balance.

Except that the cane doesn't always want to stay in his hand securely (at least on my wife's Yoda it doesn't), so that won't necessarily be a good solution.

PosterBoyKelly said:

Tried that and it did not work, hence the paper fix.

What hand are you using? My cane is secure too? I got his cane in his right hand, and it's secure and sound. My Yoda doesn't even wabble, he's sturdy. Must be a Yoda to Yoda situation.

Back