Yoda Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine a couple hours ago, some initial thoughts. Phenomenal piece! Absolutely love how he turned out. Sculpt, paint app and mixed media is great. One of the things I was worried about after the Sideshow unboxing vid was that the mixed media wasn’t as weathered as the prototype, no worries, his robe is filthy. Only thing I can complain about is no art box but the piece is so good it doesn’t even bother me.

I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Looking forward to it! Someone needs to post a video! ;)

Here's a few pics of Yoda and some closeups. Again, very impressive piece! Mine has no issues, great paint, weathering and mixed media. All around a very high quality piece. Since it's been asked... weight... very heavy piece for the size. Feels like the full body and head are completely solid, base isn't but decent weight. No one should have any issues with the weight. He displays beautifully and is the perfect size. IMO the best Yoda available or coming, the design and presence of the piece is perfect for the character. Masterful work from Sideshow. Any questions, please ask!

yoda1.jpg
yoda6.jpg
yoda2.jpg
yoda3.jpg
yoda4.jpg
yoda5.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks great. Question on the hair in the back of Yoda’s: how is it applied? Do you feel it is “fragile” enough that there is risk of “losing” it overtime? Otherwise, I agree that the statue looks fantastic, and great to know that the head is solid and not hollow.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks great. Question on the hair in the back of Yoda’s: how is it applied? Do you feel it is “fragile” enough that there is risk of “losing” it overtime? Otherwise, I agree that the statue looks fantastic, and great to know that the head is solid and not hollow.

The hair looks to be glued in fairly well. I gave it pull to see and it’s pretty strong overall. Might lose a few strands here and there but I don’t think it will be an issue over the years unless it’s handled a lot.

It is a limited edition, probably a lot made. But I have to give it to side show, this actually looks decent and hearing it isn't hollow or anything may change my mind. However, I don't know about the investment in this. Anyways, still shocked this actually looks decent!

Thanks everyone!

The hair looks to be glued in fairly well. I gave it pull to see and it’s pretty strong overall. Might lose a few strands here and there but I don’t think it will be an issue over the years unless it’s handled a lot.

Thanks. I will put in my order soon!

It is a limited edition, probably a lot made. But I have to give it to side show, this actually looks decent and hearing it isn't hollow or anything may change my mind. However, I don't know about the investment in this. Anyways, still shocked this actually looks decent!

And weren’t you saying for a while now that you knew for a fact that it was going to be completely hollow :dunno

However it’s nice to know it’s pretty solid and has got a bit of heft, as that’s all I really wanted. As I just didn’t want another R2-D2 and BB-8 PF situation.

I have to admit, I **** on this piece in the beginning too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, not many people were admitting to even preordering this piece in the beginning, except for a few of us. But it’s understandable given recent releases.

Here's a few pics of Yoda and some closeups. Again, very impressive piece! Mine has no issues, great paint, weathering and mixed media. All around a very high quality piece. Since it's been asked... weight... very heavy piece for the size. Feels like the full body and head are completely solid, base isn't but decent weight. No one should have any issues with the weight. He displays beautifully and is the perfect size. IMO the best Yoda available or coming, the design and presence of the piece is perfect for the character. Masterful work from Sideshow. Any questions, please ask!

View attachment 441674
View attachment 441675
View attachment 441676
View attachment 441677
View attachment 441678
View attachment 441679

AMAZING PHOTOS! After seeing this at SDCC, I was convinced I needed to get this piece.

Any chance of a video on this piece? :)

Back