YEXEL's COLLECTION (LIFESIZE JLA STARWARS MARVEL ETC.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he feels guilty carting those pieces through the streets of manila past people on the road starving?

Why did someone bring this thread back to the top, just let it fall off if it's at all possible. Wow I just did the same thing myself. :lol

I just looked back a few pages and I didn't even realize he was a recaster. So what exactly do these guys do? They get an original, make copies of it, then just sell them off as originals? If that is what he really does, then I'm just disgusted. I never liked the guy to begin with cause I felt he was just a show-off who never responded to anyone's questions, but now.........I can't even say anymore without going into a long line of curse words.

I don't get why everybody throws so much garbage on this guy, what's the problem? I don't know if he really is a recaster or not as it has been said but nobody has prooved it. I think the problem is he's always been envied

he has pictures in this thread showing him recasting.

That and he is in a boy band. That alone is enough to encourage scorn.

I don't get why everybody throws so much garbage on this guy, what's the problem? I don't know if he really is a recaster or not as it has been said but nobody has prooved it. I think the problem is he's always been envied

There was a thread on the SF board and, I think, here that proved (with pics and all!) that he is a recaster

The fact that he has recasted one piece (maybe for himself) doesn't proove he is "a recaster" IMO. If he has bought that piece he can do whatever he wants with it, as long as doesn't dedicate to make multiple pieces and sell them, which would be illegal

The fact that he has recasted one piece (maybe for himself) doesn't proove he is "a recaster" IMO. If he has bought that piece he can do whatever he wants with it, as long as doesn't dedicate to make multiple pieces and sell them, which would be illegal

Bingo..... duh.

Exactly and I think that is the case, that he recasts it for himself not to sell. Does it at all seem like he needs the money from recasting? Not at all.

That being said, Yexel's collection is completely and utterly ridiculous....and AWESOME. :D

Has anyone seen him actually SELL anything that he's re-casted and modified? Also, has he recast something EXACTLY and sold it, without any customizations? (You say you can tell his Iron Man maquette is re-cast - perhaps he BOUGHT it as a re-cast? Since, if he was re-casting and selling, don't you think he'd keep the original for his own collection?? I don't know though, I have no idea how re-casters work!) In other words, is there any proof that he's making money off of re-casts?

I think his collection set-up is pretty awesome, but it will suck if he's making money off of re-casting :( If there is hard proof that he sells re-casts, you can send his contact info to fraud (at) sideshowcollectibles.com

We posted this information on the site a while ago to help crack down on re-casters:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442

850hp...^^^^ bro...how much boost are you running?

Ah, I have a 850hp mr2 here in the states and I cant tell you the hassle I get. I just dont understand putting others lives on the line to make a quick buck, I thought the backup dancing paid for his bills?

Back to the point at hand, I would seriously trip out in that house. A puppermaster moment, all the toys come to life and no good comes from it.

Has anyone seen him actually SELL anything that he's re-casted and modified? Also, has he recast something EXACTLY and sold it, without any customizations? (You say you can tell his Iron Man maquette is re-cast - perhaps he BOUGHT it as a re-cast? Since, if he was re-casting and selling, don't you think he'd keep the original for his own collection?? I don't know though, I have no idea how re-casters work!) In other words, is there any proof that he's making money off of re-casts?

I think his collection set-up is pretty awesome, but it will suck if he's making money off of re-casting :( If there is hard proof that he sells re-casts, you can send his contact info to fraud (at) sideshowcollectibles.com

We posted this information on the site a while ago to help crack down on re-casters:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442

There are a few Philippino sculptors/collectors that admit seeing him recasting statues and selling them. They've talked to him and tried to stop him from doing it. He did get shut down once by Marvel. But, it seems like he started up again. I'm not sure if he still does recasting since, many Pinoy members said they would stop dealing with him if he didn't stop.
Personally, I don't even care what they do anymore.
I do my part by not buying any recasts or anything from the recasters. Plus, I refuse to sell to most Asian countries in fear that the thieving scum will get their hands on it.
In the end their greed only hurts their fellow country men. And I though Asians had a higher sense of honor...heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back