Yesssssss! Got Him!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I know most of you probably have your Sauron statue.. but just picked mine up today! For those who are aware of my drama with mine... we bought him when we FIRST started collecting and didn't know what to do. We ended up buying him off ebay from a guy in Taiwan (even though we're right here in LA) and I've been dreading his arrival for fear of the worst.

No fret! Sauron is here and he is PERFECT! NOBODY can say this statue isn't phenomenal. It is right up there with any other statue, and I think it very well may be my absolute favorite. The sculpt, the pose, his cascading cape. The Ring. It is just a PERFECT statue.

I have him out right now, but he will have to be boxed back up soon, as will all my statues because i'm moving this weekend. REALLY dreading that... pray for my poly!

Oh, i got #361.. not bad. Just wanted to share the good news with everyone.

I don't like this statue .....

No really, congrats - I am sure it was mighty nerve-wracking coming from so far. :horror

LOTRFan said:
I don't like this statue .....

No really, congrats - I am sure it was mighty nerve-wracking coming from so far. :horror

hehe.. you didn't even fool me. Nobody couldn't love this statue!

You're right Gunner... I can't stop looking at mine.. it's PERFECT!!

Congrats! Now it's time to rearrange everything to make room for something so stupendously enormous! :banana

Lookin4Precious said:
hehe.. you didn't even fool me. Nobody couldn't love this statue!
You're right Gunner... I can't stop looking at mine.. it's PERFECT!!

There out there trust me. :google

Seaward said:
Congrats! Now it's time to rearrange everything to make room for something so stupendously enormous! :banana

ha.. well like I said.. i'm moving this weekend.. so everything is coming down anyway. Then I'm going to buy a pedestal to put Sauron on, and then in January, i'm going to have my parents buy me another set of shelves (they bought the one i use now for my lat b-day). Hopefully I'll get my collection the way I want it.. and then i'll post pics!

Thanks for the comments Josh! I guess i can't be suprised that some people don't like this.. there will always be a few. The only concern i had was the circles at the back of the robe... but nope.. mine looks good!

Darklord Dave said:
Wait... they're making a statue of Sauron? Why didn't anyone tell me?:confused:

Yes Dave. If you go back a few pages, i'm sure you'll find some mention of him!!

Do we really need another "I got my Sauron" thread? Probably not! However, this is THE center of the collection and having to wait so long to get him, I missed out on all the fun of talking about his arrival. So i bite my thumb at you Sir! :angelsmil

Congrads on getting him intact as I know you were a little nervous! Just were in the hell is his home, ya know the Dur???? You get it in yet??

Mr Fell Beast said:
Congrads on getting him intact as I know you were a little nervous! Just were in the hell is his home, ya know the Dur???? You get it in yet??

Nope.. they said expect the Dur in November. I'm going to have to contact DM and have them change my address... not too much longer! I'll let you know what I think as soon as it gets here!

NOBODY can say this statue isn't phenomenal.

I don't think the sauron statue is phenomenal at all!

oh wait.

you meant saying that and meaning it. I guess you're right, no one can say it and mean it! But I still haven't got mine yet. I'll be getting mine in a week and a half I hope, along with a cache of helms. Then I'll be going ape and posting stuff on the board a bunch.
Until then...

:family I'm just gonna put on a happy face and jump on a pile of other people with happy faces.

CONGRATULATIONS L4P! So glad you got yours in perfect condition. :joy Such a harrowing ordeal!

WOW... i can't belive i'm not the last person to his! I feel like everyone in the world had theres already.. hehe.. not really.. but you know how waiting for Poly can be....

Hold out a little longer Nemo!!! He's a comin!!

Well done on the acqusistion.
I don't really like this statue... seriously. Too big and I find the paintjob to be seriously lacking.
Josh, it seemed in your post about 'There are some out there' that not liking it is a bad thing...
Why is this?

HighElven said:
Well done on the acqusistion.
I don't really like this statue... seriously. Too big and I find the paintjob to be seriously lacking.
Josh, it seemed in your post about 'There are some out there' that not liking it is a bad thing...
Why is this?

Totally respect your opinion bud. To me, it is flawless... i just look at it and am like "WOW"

I think its a really 'WOW' statue too, its just that there are afew flaws in it that I think leave it unworthy of my money, especially living in Australia with the shipping and taxes. I like it, but I just dont see it as anything special.

Back