Yavin Luke image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Drizzle said:
I'm afraid to buy any SS 12 inch now- too many things I have ordered have had inadequacies. I'm truly not as picky a person as this makes me seem, but I agree exactly with all you have said above- the prototypes look so, so good, and then the shipped product is missing the care and attention to detail. I'm still a SS customer, but it looks like I'm sticking with Hot Toys and Medicom product for my 12 inch. Still love SS Maquettes, though.

Received mine about 10 min ago. He does not look as bad as people are saying. The sculpt is the exact same as the prototype. His skin is a little darker than what the prototype looked like. His eye color is not blue either, but it does not look that bad. You can tell it is Luke, that is for sure. I am pleased, but not my fave, that is still Maul and EP3 Obi-Wan.

I don't understand why people complain about SS's likeness when Hot Toys and Medicon are just as bad. Medicon X3 Wolverine anyone? Hot Toys Aliens/Alien vs Predators figures are equally bad. I do however agree that Medicon's and Hottoy's body is somehow better, though.

Probably because SS prides themselves with their head sculpts. That is one of their main selling points.

and the X3 wolverine is one of the best figures out today.

Mums said:
I don't understand why people complain about SS's likeness when Hot Toys and Medicon are just as bad. Medicon X3 Wolverine anyone? Hot Toys Aliens/Alien vs Predators figures are equally bad. I do agree that their bodie sculpt is somehow better, though.
I do think people are little to quick to condemn SSC while cuting the other guys slack. Look at HT Superman or Ripley, nice sculpts ruined by cartoonish paintjobs. Medicom Jack Sparrow has a nice sculpt, but a lackluster paintjob fails to bring it to life. All the companies have their hits and misses, SSC just seems to catch more flack for theirs.

nash said:
Probably because SS prides themselves with their head sculpts. That is one of their main selling points.

and the X3 wolverine is one of the best figures out today.

I disagree. He looks absolutely nothing like jackman!

Just got Luke a little bit ago and I have to say he's a pretty good figure. The paint apps are definitely a bit lack luster... but they aren't to the point where its really distracting (like Aragorn or Anakin's lips). The outfit is very nicely done and seems to fit really well and even hangs nicely on the figure.

The monkey arm syndrome doesn't seem to be an issue, but he still has the regular sized hands which are out of proportion to the small male body. Overall I'm pretty pleased but once in hand it does confirm that the images from before were not the production ones, probably the same sculpt but the paint hides detail. Notice you can see a mole on the right side of his face, but not the smaller ones on the left.

Another point is the box is smaller this time, same height, but there when it opens there is no second tray all accessories are packed around Luke. Which of course makes the box thinner than past releases.

Anyway, here's some pictures...

30lukea.jpg

10lukeb.jpg

30lukee.jpg

Edit I stand corrected, you can just make out the moles in this shot.
30luked.jpg

30lukec.jpg

30lukeg.jpg

There's this red spot on the blaster, I think its supposed to be there, but the color is kind of fleshy.
30lukef.jpg

The new 30th logo base...​
30lukeh.jpg

He's definitely shorter than the standard figures and seems well proportioned...
(sorry for the completely unfutzed shot of Luke :monkey3)​
30lukei.jpg

Last edited:
Mums said:
I disagree. He looks absolutely nothing like jackman!

Looks like Jackman to me. So I guess you sort of just answered your own question with that.

:cool:

The likeness on Luke is definitely there in the profile shots. I bet repainting those eyes would work wonders.

Yikes! thanks for the pics GB, but the headsculpt is lacking something, and those clothes are kind of bad...:monkey3

nash said:
Looks like Jackman to me. So I guess you sort of just answered your own question with that.

:cool:

how?! Arh stop playing mind games!!!!!! :lol

and awesome pictures galactiboy!:monkey5

One other small nit, for some reason the belt buckle design doesn't seem to allow it to lay flat. So it can look a little odd.

Also Lukes head had popped off during shipping, but a little heat and he was back in business.

Mums said:
how?! Arh stop playing mind games!!!!!! :lol

and awesome pictures galactiboy!:monkey5

lol :monkey5

Its all just a matter of opinion. what can look like an uncanny resemblence to you could look totally off to someone else. no one will ever see the same thing in a given product.

It definitely looks like Luke to me, but being from a very specific scene probably hurts him a bit.

Not that hes a bad figure, but I'd still probably rank him at the bottom of the pack simply because of his specificity.

Here are some quick pics I took without flash, so you can get more of a natural image of him.

LUKE.jpg

luke2.jpg

I guess medicom luke isn't the only luke thats way off!!
I don't get it they made a good ep6 luke.:confused:

to my eyes, the hair is what makes him look like Luke. But as for facial features, not so much.

Great pics Galactiboy. I just opened mine 5 minutes ago. I think the clothes look great and the sculpt is good but the paint apps is the worst of the SW lot so far to me. Just my opinion, more power to those who really love this one.:D

Mine has a VERY dark skintone and his hair looks to be streaked with highlights and glossy. The eyes don't have anywhere near the life in them as any of the other SW figs.

Overall an ok figure but one that I am going to have one of the talented artists on this board repaint for me.

By the way, the belt buckle on mine has the same strange problem as Galactiboy's.

I think it's the eyes. I can see Luke in the sculpt, be he seems to have those lifeless "doll" eyes that killed the production Aragorn sculpt. I'm curious to see some custom paintjobs on this one and find out what's really under there.

Back