Yavin Luke image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles said:
Case in point, who in the h@ll is this??!!

yavin4xj5xn5.jpg

I'll say it again... looks like Michael Beck from The Warriors.

dekadentdave said:
I'll say it again... looks like Michael Beck from The Warriors.

Somebody (preferably HT and their rubber muscle bodies) needs to make some Warriors figures.

Can you dig it!

MaulFan said:
That is a nice photo to get a pic of him, but as far as being a fair representation of the piece, it's not good, the lens is significantly distorting the portrait, his nose and closest facial features are large with things getting smaller and smaller as they wrap around to the back of his head.

I agree, the lens is distorting the portrait. I took the photo without the flash but I used the "close up" mode to take the pic. Also, this eyes are green but they're outined with brown. All 'n all, I am very happy with this Luke... but as [SEE EDIT] said, I'm probably one of those that "don't know any better." Ignorance is bliss... :D

Edit: I'm sorry Collector Freak, I inadvertently listed your name. It was Miles that made that quote.

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
That's a cool pic, and he looks good there. The "proto" pic was a production piece, so there's no difference in what we're ultimately getting.

Ummm... You're wrong...

2141_press04-001.jpg

yavin4xj5xn5.jpg

There's no way that's the same paint job. Just look at the eyes. The hair. Etc.

Zoomaround said:
I agree, the lens is distorting the portrait. I took the photo without the flash but I used the "close up" mode to take the pic. Also, this eyes are green but they're outined with brown. All 'n all, I am very happy with this Luke... but as Collector Freak said, I'm probably one of those that "don't know any better." Ignorance is bliss... :D

I hope you didn't take my comment as criticism of your photography, it was only meant to defend the piece and explain what the camera does for those that don't follow photography much.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Somebody (preferably HT and their rubber muscle bodies) needs to make some Warriors figures.

Can you dig it!

I can dig it!!!!!!!!

HT Warriors figs would :rock

Collector Freak said:
Ummm... You're wrong...

2141_press04-001.jpg

yavin4xj5xn5.jpg

It's all a matter of how you photograph it, Luke would have had to be produced and ready for CIV basically by the time the images emerged, I'll bet it was a production piece, and it's all about lighting. When I get my Luke I'll shoot is studio style and show how it works.

Warriors.... come out to plaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!

Sideshow's Yavin Luke looks only marginally better than Hasblo's.

Collector Freak said:
He'll look terrific next to Barbie.

Gotta agree there,That don't look good at all..but i need to see more pics.(Another misleading proto to production fig,man i hope ol' ben don't turn out like this)

Collector Freak said:
Ummm... You're wrong...

2141_press04-001.jpg

yavin4xj5xn5.jpg

It's the same sculpt, but I believe the casting has lost some detail of the original and the production paint job isn't helping, but it's what I've come to expect in this line.
Great Pics Zoomaround!!

MaulFan said:
I hope you didn't take my comment as criticism of your photography, it was only meant to defend the piece and explain what the camera does for those that don't follow photography much.

No offense taken. I totally agree with you. The camera does not do him justice. Hopefully, someone will take a pic that will truly show his essence. But like most of the SS figures, you have to have it in hand to truly appreciate it.

Seth Gecko said:
Gotta agree there,That don't look good at all..but i need to see more pics.(Another misleading proto to production fig,man i hope ol' ben don't turn out like this)

Please don't even joke about that. Ben looks so amazing, but I am worried about production pieces coming from SS now.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

Darth Loki said:
Please don't even joke about that. Ben looks so amazing, but I am worried about production pieces coming from SS now.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

I aint jokin,i want ben to look very close to what we saw today SOOOOOO bad!!

This figure looks ok but even the proto pics don't resemble Hamil unfortunately...I'll still be buying one but I'm a big Luke fan and this one captures certain Luke qualities but really doesn’t' look dead on movie Luke/Hamil.

Seth Gecko said:
I aint jokin,i want ben to look very close to what we saw today SOOOOOO bad!!
The biggest problems are going to be the hair and beard. They'll get thicker apps. in production, and won't look quite so nice.

Back