xxxxx

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Scarecrow inquiries

You can remove the outfit, and it isn't very difficult I don't think. Body used was, I believe, a TTM-18:

gfed5d498.jpg

This and variants of it from Hot Toys are the standard bodies used for 1/6 scale figures because they are seen to be so good in quality and articulation, so I'm not sure you will find something with a great deal more articulation that will work considering the tailoring of the outfit. But there may be options someone could refer you to.

I've no experience ironing 1/6 scale clothes, but don't see any reason you couldn't if you put a wash cloth between the material and iron to prevent any potential damage to the outfit (which may not have been manufactured with the durability to stand up to a direct ironing).

You can buy new HT bodies on ebay and everything will transfer just fine.

I always iron my Hot Toys' clothes. Doesn't hurt them at all.

$200 wow. Where did you find that price or has the price gone down recently?

$200? I need to go to jelly school... Mmkay...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

It's inevitable Hot Toys will revisit Scarecrow probably as a Toy Fairs exclusive ala Bank Robber Joker

Well, you can always do what I did. I bought a Scarecrow head and a Dead End Joker. Put them together and what do you get? Bibbity-bobbity-boo:

IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG

The Scarecrow head cost me $130 by itself. There aren't many around. But I refused to pay huge money for the complete figure since it's just a standard body wearing a men's suit (and it doesn't look very cool either, other than the head.)

I gave him Sideshow Harley's needle, a gun from somewhere, and there he is.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I would still fret over ironing the clothes, I'll admit. Are there any other methods suitable for this purpose? Steaming, perhaps? I really don't want to endanger the integrity of the costume.

Don't fret it, just make sure your iron is on it's lowest heat setting and do it through a damp tea towel, and it'll be perfectly fine.

Back