XM Studios Venom 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya and completely understand. I never like to sell because of all the fees from eBay or shipping or Paypal or wherever and after that, everyone wanting to lowball and get it cheaper than retail, when you're already losing a lot if selling at retail due to all the extra fees, so I actually give it to friends sometimes when I no longer want an item. I remember hearing from someone if you purchase 5 or so XM pieces, you can become a prestige member which allows you to order straight from their website. That's sort of what I meant by wanting to order it retail and not have to go through another person. Would prefer to just straight up order through them, the official distributor. But yeah, I think I will settle for the XM. But yeah, still trying to get after those first 5 and have more freedom to choose.

You do get a discount if you order from XM and have 5 statues registered with them, but unfortunately the license restrictions still apply. XM still can't ship Marvel statues to North America so you can't order directly from them, but they just announced the DC line restrictions to North America have been lifted. :rock Hopefully the same will happen with Marvel at some point.

I'm a prestige member as I have over 4 pieces registered in my account. Being a prestige member Only allows you to get a 10% discount off retail so for Venom many were able to get for 890SGD.

Being a prestige member has nothing to do with ordering. XM doesn't have a license to sell Marvel to the U.S. Canada. So for me I'm not allowed to order from the XM site.

If you live in an area where they are allowed to sell Marvel then it's much easier as you can order directly for retail off their site. Most pieces still sell out in minutes anyways.

I hope this helps explain the process as to why XM Marvel pieces are hard to obtain along with the low maximum ES which is 999.

You do get a discount if you order from XM and have 5 statues registered with them, but unfortunately the license restrictions still apply. XM still can't ship Marvel statues to North America so you can't order directly from them, but they just announced the DC line restrictions to North America have been lifted. :rock Hopefully the same will happen with Marvel at some point.

Ah, gotcha, thank you for the explanation/clarification guys! So you aren't able to use the Prestige membership benefits then, until they start distributing in North America.

raw

Holy crap are you 100% sure ?? :horror. this is very exciting if accurate :panic:

Holy crap are you 100% sure ?? :horror. this is very exciting if accurate :panic:

One of the XM reps stated it on the other forum.

DC *** series have been upgraded to Global License, Yippee! We are very thankful to WB for giving us this opportunity. As for Catwoman's classic head, it's not completedly nixed yet, we are working very closely with WB to try to find the perfect balance. The sensitivity here is we need to differentiate our line from the classic comics, movies or games because that is out of our licensing zone but WB has been very supportive in helping us push our creativity further. We should be able to find a good balance soon and reveal the results. Do bear in mind that our task is to come up with original stuff so we actually have to try and make ours uniquely different from all other references.

One of the XM reps stated it on the other forum.

good to know!! but this muddies things a bit "we need to differentiate our line from the classic comics, movies or games because that is out of our licensing zone". so does this mean only XM's DC Rising Sun license is now global and that their DC Comic license will not be coming to the US??

I have no interest in the Rising Sun line, but I 100% want in on XM's DC Comic pieces

good to know!! but this muddies things a bit "we need to differentiate our line from the classic comics, movies or games because that is out of our licensing zone". so does this mean only XM's DC Rising Sun license is now global and that their DC Comic license will not be coming to the US??

I have no interest in the Rising Sun line, but I 100% want in on XM's DC Comic pieces

So far, the only regular costume DC piece that XM has announced is the huge Darksied vs Justice League diorama. I would bet that it will be allowed to ship to North America because it's 1/6 scale and neither Sideshow or Prime are making 1/6 scale DC statues. The Rising Sun and the other apocalypse Batman line are 1/4 so they have to be different than what Sideshow and Prime are producing. At least, I hope it works out that way because I really want that diorama.

The Rising Sun DC line is now upgraded to a global license but the regular DC line is still zone restricted as far as I can tell.

C'mon ...I'm an XM fan with several XM statues already ...and even I know you're statement is pure conjecture. XM created a great sculpt here ...but the other versions are just as great. And each of the 3 versions have their flaws, too.

So pick your version ...because you can't go wrong with any of them. But let's not put up opinions and pretend they're facts.
its a fact! no flaws on this one, period! Just as much of a fact that sideshows hulk vs wolverine is the best hulk maq. ever created!

Best Venom imho, just goes to show, a simple well executed idea goes
a long way.
The shape of the head and jaw are just better then the competition not to mention
the preportions of the body.
Congrats on a fantastic statue.

This Venom is great... I really think it's a toss up between this and P1 version... I am actually happy I don't have to choose between the two because I don't know if I could. Both have things that are a bit better then the other... I love both Prime 1 open mouth head sculpts but the XM McFarlane sculpt is killer!!. I prefer the pose and base of the Prime 1 but like the musculature better on XM. Either way you can't go wrong IMO... Well Unless you don't lie the tentacles on the Prime 1. Personally I would be happy getting either one of these. If all I could chose was XM I would have no complaints... I ordered the Prime 1 and have no complaints :)

XM is absolutely superior on this one! You wont find a better sculpt of Venom on planet earth, anyone saying different is just ignorant, this is a priceless piece of art that will manifest itself in the historybooks of sculpting!:lecture

At first I thought this guy was trolling....

its a fact! no flaws on this one, period! Just as much of a fact that sideshows hulk vs wolverine is the best hulk maq. ever created!

And then found out he was :)

C'mon ...I'm an XM fan with several XM statues already ...and even I know you're statement is pure conjecture. XM created a great sculpt here ...but the other versions are just as great. And each of the 3 versions have their flaws, too.

So pick your version ...because you can't go wrong with any of them. But let's not put up opinions and pretend they're facts.

Exactly

LOL, everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course and the internet makes everyone an expert... I don't think you can go wrong with either version of Venom P1 or XM. Each to their own as I have the XM version secured at above retail....OMG someone made money on a statue, throw them on the cross and burn them...lol. I will probably get the P1 version as well but as I'm entitled to my own opinion and don't say its fact I will not be ordering the SSC version as it just doesn't do anything for me and such isn't a totally failure as some have stated, just is less inspiring to me.

I like the muscle definition of the xm over p1. But with that being said they are both wicked statues as well as sideshows. Due to price I definitely won't get the xm but from what's left to choose from I'll go with p1. I was gonna get sideshows but p1 grew on me

This Venom is great... I really think it's a toss up between this and P1 version... I am actually happy I don't have to choose between the two because I don't know if I could. Both have things that are a bit better then the other... I love both Prime 1 open mouth head sculpts but the XM McFarlane sculpt is killer!!. I prefer the pose and base of the Prime 1 but like the musculature better on XM. Either way you can't go wrong IMO... Well Unless you don't lie the tentacles on the Prime 1. Personally I would be happy getting either one of these. If all I could chose was XM I would have no complaints... I ordered the Prime 1 and have no complaints :)

Exactly
:wink1:

I like the muscle definition of the xm over p1. But with that being said they are both wicked statues as well as sideshows. Due to price I definitely won't get the xm but from what's left to choose from I'll go with p1. I was gonna get sideshows but p1 grew on me

Same, I think I was gonna be okay with the bubbly skin on the SSC version but after seeing this one, I don't prefer it. I also can't decide whether I like the similarity to the Spider-Man PF aerial pose or if I'd rather have Venom look different a la the Prime 1.

Even this SSC comment is pure conjecture.

Good to know you have a very warped sense of what's fact and what's an opinion. Believe what you will.

Exactly

Yup, trolling to the letter of the word. Oh well ...there's always going to be trolls...

Same, I think I was gonna be okay with the bubbly skin on the SSC version but after seeing this one, I don't prefer it. I also can't decide whether I like the similarity to the Spider-Man PF aerial pose or if I'd rather have Venom look different a la the Prime 1.

Have you seen the picture of the spidey pf with the p1 venom? I believe its on the prime 1 thread, but seeing the two statues they look good together... Decisions :thud:

Have you seen the picture of the spidey pf with the p1 venom? I believe its on the prime 1 thread, but seeing the two statues they look good together... Decisions :thud:
Yep, I actually posted those here a few page back.... [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back