XM Studios Venom 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best way to purchase this piece without spending absurd amounts on it, and pay retail price is to just WAIT. Crazy isn't it?
This is not an XM/Event exclusive so it will go up on their site

If you missed it on XM's own site, you could always deal with their official distributor in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore etc to get it shipped to you. From my own exp, they don't really sell out that fast once up for PO

Or is there something I'm missing that people have to get it now and only now?

The answer to this my friend is YES and NO. It depends on how popular the character is. If the character is not that popular it probably won't sell out rightaway but nevertheless it will get sold out relatively quickly. If your talking about a very popular character say MAGS or this one you can expect websites to shutdown come PO time. Not just XM website but others as well. It has happened before. Does not matter if its an exclusive event. Thats how lightning fast it will sell out. Even Pre-orders from Ebay are already sold out. If you wait you will significantly decrease your chance of owning this one especially since venom is a highly sought after character. And no you will not be able to pay retail on this one if you wait

I would like to add to Twocollector's concern's that I feel is very important for the community. Long story as short as possible. I purchased overseas, Imaginarium Art 1/2 Iron man MKVII piece (reputable/authorized Thailand dealer) that arrived broken. 6 months later no promised replacement part in sight. Finally before 6 month expiration, numerous videos, pics & email evidence to PayPal dispute center, put a PayPal claim in and was denied because payments were split? Meaning the deposit I paid over a year ago (which is most of this hobby's business practice) automatically disqualified me for a refund. So we are not protected at all if an issue comes up. I've received 5 XM statues from this retailer with no issues. First problem that arises & I'm out $1900USD!!!

Thanx for letting me know. Do they ship to uk even though I'm going to wait until I see a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer to this my friend is YES and NO. It depends on how popular the character is. If the character is not that popular it probably won't sell out rightaway but nevertheless it will get sold out relatively quickly. If your talking about a very popular character say MAGS or this one you can expect websites to shutdown come PO time. Not just XM website but others as well. It has happened before. Does not matter if its an exclusive event. Thats how lightning fast it will sell out. Even Pre-orders from Ebay are already sold out. If you wait you will significantly decrease your chance of owning this one especially since venom is a highly sought after character. And no you will not be able to pay retail on this one if you wait

That's one way to hype up a piece...
The aftermarket is flooded with people trying to sell their XM pieces at retail and even some for less than retail.
When there's P1, Sideshow, and XM, there's more choices for buyers

If you want a price less then what people are offering the only option is to wait till this comes out and take the gamble that it WON'T be the hottes thing since Magneto. Many an XM piece can be had slightly over retail following it's actually release when flippers need to move their stock. Can't promise that though.

The aftermarket is flooded with people trying to sell their XM pieces at retail and even some for less than retail.

I am pretty sure Venom will never go down to retail. Even with SS and Prime 1 making their own offerings. He is a favourite character for many. He looks killer in statue form and XM did an excellent job. There is no hype up needed for this particular piece. While I can agree that some XMs may get close to retail this one I highly doubt will ever have that occur.

That's mostly statues like Ms. Marvel, Kraven, She-Hulk, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, etc.... Characters that are not that popular to begin with... Then you have a few of popular characters but most people end up not liking the pose or sculpt of it, IE: Hulk & Thor.... Even though I thought they were pretty nice... But characters like Captain America, Black Widow, Phoenix, Wolverine, etc... are still going for $500+ over retail, that might not be as big as Magneto who goes for $2000 over retail but it's still not bad...

I think XM's Ghost Rider has a chance to go super sonic price wise like Magneto... And Venom, Batman and Punisher will be in the $1500 range when all is said and done IMO... But a lot of the 3rd tier characters I don't ever see going above retail which XM has made a lot of...

Last edited:
Thanx for letting me know. Do they ship to uk even though I'm going to wait until I see a good deal

I'm in the US, so not really sure about the UK. Lately he hasn't come through on items I asked for since concept art (i.e. Samurai Batman/Boba Fett). XM has really exploded and he has stated his quantities have been cut. I am in the process of working out another dealer I met at NYCC. See how that pans out.

Looks like they have improved the pose . For the better .

2672683a12903306853574a64e13bd93.jpg

9440f7d3173357189f2a9b78e769b07c.jpg

Don't see the difference here... nope, really don't. Someone point it out pls. Think I might be going blind here.

Don't see the difference here... nope, really don't. Someone point it out pls. Think I might be going blind here.

If you see from the first picture venom is leaning forward quite a bit. They have fixed the pose where he standing up more and not leaning.

If you see from the first picture venom is leaning forward quite a bit. They have fixed the pose where he standing up more and not leaning.

The last pics looked great. Stellar job by XM. :rock (I can honestly say that I didn't even notice the lean initially though).

Had a hard time catching the difference myself, lookt at his right foot, it's resting on a different portion of the base.

right foot, there's a pedestal underneath it now so he's standing more upright with it supporting his foot.

right foot, there's a pedestal underneath it now so he's standing more upright with it supporting his foot.

Hmmm. Good catch.

Anyone else concerned with some of these dynamically-posed pieces long term and their stability?

Like SSCs Spider-Man - I'm waiting for the day that he starts to droop. :lol

Back