XM Studios Venom 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And pssssssst..... maybe...... but just MAYBE..... is this clocktower base.... ding dong and sound waves..... the reason for the losing suit in the back. :dunno

I´m tired. :wink1:

:lol Loric is spot on is his post too. This is going to be a fun adventure seeing this render come to life. :rock

What do you think of the rest?
If you're fishing for a positive comment you'll never get one. :lol

This is looking pretty good but I LOVE my SSC COM and I'll be sticking with that. I only need one Venom in 1/4 scale.

Yeah the Com is bad ass no two ways about it. Had I been in the hobby when that was shipping I'd have snatched it up day one.

For those that don't like the "cluttered" base and have no idea what y4nk33 grumpy and loric are talking about, sound waves are Venom's enemy. Vibrations from the clock tower are painful to him. For anybody that's seen "Spider-Man 3" (...ugh...) think about how Peter separated himself from the Symbiote (which was taken from the comics) and how Venom was defeated.

That's why this statue is so cool. The Symbiote is flailing and returning to Brock, so to me it says the clock tower already rung and Venom smashed through it, defeating what should normally defeat him. This works well on its own as a "Venom overcomes his weakness" piece, or against other Marvel statues where he's quickly refocusing on his opponent after a major setback. Given the theme it's hard to not have a cluttered base, it's a smashed clock atop a tower. If they scrap that idea, they scrap the Symbiote flailing look and I suppose many of you would like that but then we'd have a more generic Venom statue and not one that makes a statement about who he is like this one does.

664970-013_venom___carnage_unraveling.jpg

Yeah the Com is bad ass no two ways about it. Had I been in the hobby when that was shipping I'd have snatched it up day one.

The COM does look great. I didn't pick him up right away because I was waiting to see what the Spidey COM would look like. I didn't want to take a chance and PO Venom not knowing if I would like Spidey or not. I didn't want Venom if I was going to pass on Spidey. Well, of course Spidey came out AWESOME and I had to scramble and pick up Venom in the aftermarket. I was able to score an EX Venom from a board member here for $650 shipped. I thought that was a lot back then. However, seeing what he's going for nowadays, I'm sure as hell glad I picked him up. It really is a bad ass piece.

I'm sure that the XM Venom is going to look fantastic as well. It looks like it'll be a very dynamic looking piece based off what we've seen of the concept art. I can't wait to see what it'll look like after it's printed and painted up. Man, XM certainly is on a roll with all these new pieces coming out.

I like the headsculpt but the problem I have with it at the moment is in the eye area. Even in the concept art the whites of the eye curve around to add expression whereas at there moment, the digital sculpts eyes are very rounded. I've seen some people comment that it reminds them of carnage and I think this may be why.

Also I think it'd be great if they added symbiote strands along the fleshy part of his mouth where his jaw splits. That's just me though haha

Hmmm not sure what I think right now... maybe to much Erick Larsen and not enough McFarlane or Bagley in the head sculpt.

I'd be shocked if they don't have two, if not three swap out heads for this one! That said, like basically every piece, XM or otherwise, it's hard to give it a fair judge off of the art alone, as the sculpts can often change quite a bit during the next phase, which you know! :)

I like the idea here, but I'll probably just enjoy it from afar. I'll wait and see, but right now there's just SO MUCH coming out! I mean, really...XM is pumping stuff out, and now Prime 1 is going heavy into the Arkham Knight line...it's just so much fantastic stuff coming out that all costs a lot! :lol That's not even counting Hot Toys and all their upcoming Marvel/DC/Star Wars pieces.

It's a very choosey time, which is good and bad! Loads to choose from right now!

yeh maybe the make 2 extra head like wolverine and can be mcfarlane, larsen and bagley so every 1 can be happy :p idk if i ask to much :p

Amazing Spider-Man (Base Set) 13-A.jpg

I think this would be an awesome head change if XM ever consider a switch out portrait. This was done back in '94' as one of the spiderman cards. loved it ever since. Always hoped someone would transition this to a sculpt. would even be awesome if they made the tongue removable via magnet attachment so you could see the whole of brocks face grinning from one foe (the bell) to his next (his enemy).

please consider this XM PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Back