XM Studios Upcoming & Future Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I was too lazy to explain. If a person is wrong, it can lead to having people teach and offer information to that person; so that they may be in fact right in the future. I'd hate to use a word like "club" but essentially XM is very close to their community and especially those that given plenty of input and such. That is what people love of the company, and it would be dumb to not give in on some juicy details. So hopefully that makes more sense.

So instead of XM just posting news about their statues there just going to tell one person and that one person is going to go around making posts "I know something you don't know, I know something you don't know".... I doubt it...

Look Spidey is a nice guy, most of the times I agree with his posts, but if XM really did tell him something they didn't want him to tell other people then he should keep it to himself instead of making posts to try and make himself sound important.

Not one person, but a handful. I'm not saying it's exclusive to one person, but I explained as to how A person could potentially receive the info. And how is that any different than an XM facebook photo tease post?

Not one person, but a handful. I'm not saying it's exclusive to one person, but I explained as to how A person could potentially receive the info. And how is that any different than an XM facebook photo tease post?

So I should post bogus information about XM so that the XM Rep's will take me aside and tell me things that nobody else knows?

It's fine if XM wants to tell a handful of people information so they can spread it, but that's not the issue here, Spidey claims to have information that he's not allowed to tell anyone. Either tell everyone or keep it to yourself is my point..

So I should post bogus information about XM so that the XM Rep's will take me aside and tell me things that nobody else knows?

It's fine if XM wants to tell a handful of people information so they can spread it, but that's not the issue here, Spidey claims to have information that he's not allowed to tell anyone. Either tell everyone or keep it to yourself is my point..

Did he do it intentionally? That's the difference.

How is that different than Kay who has teased the same things over and over? Not pointing fingers, but I'm just saying the differences in point.

I don't wish to continue, so I'll end my reasoning with this. Don't want to continue derailment.

Agreed. I have tons of SS pieces that are absolutely fantastic. Sure there are frustrations and disappointments but that's to be expected with any large and popular company. I see no reason why both companies and their respective lines can't co-exist. Personally I'd love to see SS become an XM NA distributor, which would save me hundreds per piece. It wouldn't be the first time the company distributed products that competed head to head with their lines (Hot Toys and Medicom to name two). Having both SS and XM succeed is better for the customer.

XM is not interested in having SSC distribute their products as of right now. SSC has way to many conditions placed on products that they distribute for other companies, and XM doesn't need SSC as of right now.

Good post and well said.

Any criticism should be done in the appropriate threads and it should be done constructively.

The bitter bashing of any company only leads to deleted posts, closed threads, infractions and Freaks being banned.

and lost opportunities

Spidey, I'm generally curious as to HOW XM has specifically been hurt by people bashing SSC? I personally can't stand all the bashing and crap like that myself, but I'm just wondering what impact it has made on XM and how it hurts them so much.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a jerk here.... I don't bash anyone. I love both companies and have TONS on order with each. I'm just trying to figure out your post is all. :)

ummmmm....

Bashing ss and in the same post putting utterly stupid crap like why does so and so company do this better and you don't etc only lives to piss off ss and further try to exert their market influence to lock out other companies and competition when it comes time for license renewal discussions. There will be stricter clauses put in by the big boy on the block and for companies like marvel and DC who have Sideshow products as a major cash cow they will be more willing to grant them those requests. Then the stupidity to do it on a forum for Sideshow freaks further do damage to any other company that's doing well or doing something their own way.

IR-Nail-2.jpg

Dude, either spill the beans or chill with these posts... Somehow I doubt you have all the behind the scenes information that you keep implying that you have. It's starting to become annoying. If I remember right it was not that long ago XM Rep's were calling you out with your misinformation.

As far as bashing goes, the last several weeks it has died down quite a bit, so I'm not sure why your trying to light fires by bringing it up again...

Dan believe what you will m8. I know what I know and I was having a little fun responding to comments and a few questions. As for me being corrected about statements I made you are right on the button but...

Did he do it intentionally? That's the difference.

How is that different than Kay who has teased the same things over and over? Not pointing fingers, but I'm just saying the differences in point.

I don't wish to continue, so I'll end my reasoning with this. Don't want to continue derailment.

XM has corrected me when I was off about the way they were distributing their products, and I have been wrong when it came to upcoming products. However, that was based on info from Sosa and Mark, and ... well ... that information changed. The DC license was highly hinted at, but then it simply didn't happen, and ever since XM has clamed up with what they share in public. That doesn't mean that they don't share info with people. Just that they don't make it public info. I know I am teasing a little bit, but I simply will not share what I know right now. All of those DC teases really didn't help XM out.

Given the small percentage of people in this hobby I doubt any statue company has any clout over Marvel or DC.... The money DC and Marvel get from these statue companies is only a drop in a bucket in their overall revenue...

Given the small percentage of people in this hobby I doubt any statue company has any clout over Marvel or DC.... The money DC and Marvel get from these statue companies is only a drop in a bucket in their overall revenue...

Considering that SSC was able to dictate that PCS could only do wall mounted statues for it's DC line then I guess you are wrong about them not having clout. Oh and Jerry from PCS confirmed that SSC forced the wall mounted (but that the statues could be any scale) angle. I am not trying to be a jerk dan, but things are what they are. XM has gotten quiet for a damn good reason. When the shared info before the ink was dry on the contracts before it came back to bite them on the ass.

Last edited:
Considering that SSC was able to dictate that PCS could only do wall mounted statues for it's DC line then I guess you are wrong about them not having clout. Oh and Jerry from PCS confirmed that SSC forced the wall mounted (but that the statues could be any scale) angle. I am not trying to be a jerk dan, but things are what they are. XM has gotten quiet for a damn good reason. When the shared info before the ink was dry on the contracts before it came back to bite them on the ass.

XM has been mum on all their contracts since day one.... People have started rumors and guessed but that's pretty much it....

Just notice that PCS sells stuff through SS, maybe that's the reason they have clout over PCS?

Last edited:
One very confusing thread :rotfl

In a nutshell, Spidey is basically saying SS is the Godfather of statue companies and if any statue company or it's fans say anything bad about SS, these other statue companies will wake up the next morning with a bloody horse head next to them. :)

Anyways it's moot and pointless IMO.... People have had complaints about SS long before XM came onto the scene. The whole debate of which is better has pretty much died down so I'm not even sure why were still discussing it..

:horse

Last edited:
Hahaha, I still remember that bloody scene. :lol
Statue industry. Rough business I see :rotfl

XM has been mum on all their contracts since day one.... People have started rumors and guessed but that's pretty much it....

Just notice that PCS sells stuff through SS, maybe that's the reason they have clout over PCS?

No they weren't. The XM team, including Erik Sosa, were ALL hinting about certain licenses back during the summer, but that ALL stopped very abruptly when the **** hit the fan with a major license. They learned the hard way, and now they are far more careful. PCS stopped distributing their statues through SSC awhile back of I am not mistaken. They were tired of all the different strings (I.e. Having to make SSC Exclusives) that were involved. SSC was able to exert their influence over them when PCS went to do their DC line because SSC holds the DC license, and because SSC is the largest company of its kind, and that brings power.

In a nutshell, Spidey is basically saying SS is the Godfather of statue companies and if any statue company or it's fans say anything bad about SS, these other statue companies will wake up the next morning with a bloody horse head next to them. :)

Anyways it's moot and pointless IMO.... People have had complaints about SS long before XM came onto the scene. The whole debate of which is better has pretty much died down so I'm not even sure why were still discussing it..

:horse

It isn't the complaining about SSC that was ever the issue. It was the group of guys who marched around here taking swings at SSC while singing XMs praises, and simply making too much damn noise. People kept kicking the bear, and it eventually got up and started taking swipes at people.

X
It isn't the complaining about SSC that was ever the issue. It was the group of guys who marched around here taking swings at SSC while singing XMs praises, and simply making too much damn noise. People kept kicking the bear, and it eventually got up and started taking swipes at people.

Didn't I tell people that from the beginning? :lol

No they weren't. The XM team, including Erik Sosa, were ALL hinting about certain licenses back during the summer, but that ALL stopped very abruptly when the **** hit the fan with a major license. They learned the hard way, and now they are far more careful. PCS stopped distributing their statues through SSC awhile back of I am not mistaken. They were tired of all the different strings (I.e. Having to make SSC Exclusives) that were involved. SSC was able to exert their influence over them when PCS went to do their DC line because SSC holds the DC license, and because SSC is the largest company of its kind, and that brings power.

It's all speculation unless you have actual proof. IF it is true, Instead of bringing out better products to compete with they want to use their influence to stifle competition, that's really sad. Personally I still don't believe it until I actually see proof or a statement from XM or SS. From what I've heard the only influence SS has is the exclusive license deals they have, so yeah they can use those to block competition, at lest until they expire...

IF SS did what you claim, it would of happened regardless of what anybody said in these or the other forums, soon as SS saw another company cutting into their profits they would of went after them regardless, but again it's pure speculation.... besides that, if it was true and it gets out SS could see a backlash as collectors stop buying from them in protest...

X

Didn't I tell people that from the beginning? :lol

Yeah. Again it isn't the fact that people have legitamate gripes and complaints when it comes to SSC, BUT check the name of the site and realize that what you do is being noticed. This isn't a vacum it is a public message forum, and if people want to scream and yell everything they know SSC is just going to make note and act accordingly.

It's all speculation unless you have actual proof. IF it is true, Instead of bringing out better products to compete with they want to use their influence to stifle competition, that's really sad. Personally I still don't believe it until I actually see proof or a statement from XM or SS. From what I've heard the only influence SS has is the exclusive license deals they have, so yeah they can use those to block competition, at lest until they expire...

IF SS did what you claim, it would of happened regardless of what anybody said in these or the other forums, soon as SS saw another company cutting into their profits they would of went after them regardless, but again it's pure speculation.... besides that, if it was true and it gets out SS could see a backlash as collectors stop buying from them in protest...

What I love Dan is that you want me to provide proof, but I have already said I won't go further. In fact I am just done talking about it. I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else. I know what I know, and, well, it is a hell of a lot more than you do. Dan feel free to believe what you want.... But I am not the one doing damage. Guys like you are. Listen to me or don't, but you will be the one hurting the company that you love ... not me.

Last edited:
Dan feel free to believe what you want.... But I am not the one doing damage. Guys like you are.

Whatever Spidey... keep on making stuff up to make yourself feel important... until you can provide proof or post statements from XM or SS it's all speculation.... The facts I do know is XM is putting out a lot of Marvel statues atm, with lots more down the pipeline.... they even got a license for 1/6 scale statues... they have already said they won't divulge any information in regards to licenses or characters so as not to give their competition any ideas... Those are facts as they were posted by XM Reps... what your posting is hyperbowl based on Eric messing with your head by letting you think XM had every license.... Now if you want to post some actual proof then I'll retract my statement...

Ever thought that maybe we haven't heard much from XM ATM because there trying to release 3 statues (Black Widow, Iron Man 42 & Magneto) and have been taking multiple trips to the China Factories for QC checks? That's what the XM Rep's keep posting

Last edited:
Whatever Spidey... keep on making stuff up to make yourself feel important... until you can provide proof or post statements from XM or SS it's all speculation.... The facts I do know is XM is putting out a lot of Marvel statues atm, with lots more down the pipeline.... they even got a license for 1/6 scale statues... they have already said they won't divulge any information in regards to licenses or characters so as not to give their competition any ideas... Those are facts as they were posted by XM Reps... what your posting is hyperbowl based on Eric messing with your head by letting you think XM had every license.... Now if you want to post some actual proof then I'll retract my statement...

Ever thought that maybe we haven't heard much from XM ATM because there trying to release 3 statues (Black Widow, Iron Man 42 & Magneto) and have been taking multiple trips to the China Factories for QC checks? That's what the XM Rep's keep posting

I just edited my post m8 so take a read. In the end I don't need to make ANYTHING up. However, I am not providing you with anything because as much as it might be nice to wipe the superior smile off your face I could damage XMs abilities to get the contracts they are after. I don't need to "be right" with you dan... I simply AM RIGHT.

As for what "XM Reps" have to say. Learn to read. Bryan has flat out said that they CAN NOT give information away before the ink is dry on the contracts. At least not out on a public forum.

Last edited:

Didn't you have a run in on the other forum not too long ago?

Back