XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, just another day in the life of an XM fan

These statues are amazing for sure but the business portion of XM is nuts. They seem to have great ideas and awesome plans but the ability to get past production and to distribution seems to cause then a lot of problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These statues are amazing for sure but the business portion of XM is nuts. They seem to have great ideas and awesome plans but the ability to get past production and to distribution seems to cause then a lot of problems

This is the second time something like this has happened to them. I can't figure out what the hell is going on.

I know the details and as an european, I'm glad of it. Seriously, I could get XM pieces for cheaper on Facebook or Ebay than through the distributor. It just doesn't make sense to have a local distributor who charges more than flippers.

I know the details and as an european, I'm glad of it. Seriously, I could get XM pieces for cheaper on Facebook or Ebay than through the distributor. It just doesn't make sense to have a local distributor who charges more than flippers.

That's a shame right there

Then change the distributor. This is a lose of a license, and meaning that not even their resellers will be able to sell to Europe. This isn't a good thing for XM.

You're right, but trust me, I could write a book about european distributors. Not all of them are crappy of course but the amount of screw ups they pulled in the last years is, well, crazy. And mind, not on some rare to get pieces, but on basic stuff like Hot Toys and Sideshow. Just got word that people here are still waiting for their Green Poison Ivy PF, and nobody seems to have an idea of when (if) it will be imported. How long ago did it came out in the US?

You're right, but trust me, I could write a book about european distributors. Not all of them are crappy of course but the amount of screw ups they pulled in the last years is, well, crazy. And mind, not on some rare to get pieces, but on basic stuff like Hot Toys and Sideshow. Just got word that people here are still waiting for their Green Poison Ivy PF, and nobody seems to have an idea of when (if) it will be imported. How long ago did it came out in the US?

I think I had Green Poison Ivy around this time last year

That doesn't matter though really. From the post online XM is keeping their distributor in the EU, but they have lost their Marvel licensing rights effective as of Sept 2015. So any EU XM orders taken since then may well be null and void. That is a lot of guys and gals getting screwed.

Regardless of XMs intentions this is twice now that people with serious amounts of money have had the rug pulled out from under them. I'd be furious if this happened to me and I know I'd never but another XM piece again.
I lucked out with Thanos and who I bought it from but I would have lost it if my order was cancelled.

Saw Thanos yesterday at a local collector. As my first encouter with a XM piece in person, I must say I was blown away.
No problems with paint apps or anything. What a beast! One thing that had me concerned was the 'infinity gauntlet arm', it doesn't sit properly in the socket and hangs out a bit, it shows a small gap between the body and the arm. A common thing? Besides that.... I can't wait for mine :yess:

(And saw Star Wars :))

tumblr_nzgjox6Jy81r877ipo1_1280.jpg

Nothing like seeing him in person.

Saw Thanos yesterday at a local collector. As my first encouter with a XM piece in person, I must say I was blown away.
No problems with paint apps or anything. What a beast! One thing that had me concerned was the 'infinity gauntlet arm', it doesn't sit properly in the socket and hangs out a bit, it shows a small gap between the body and the arm. A common thing? Besides that.... I can't wait for mine :yess:

(And saw Star Wars :))

My Thanos does not have that issue. It had to be seated properly to go in all the way, could be they did not seat the arm correctly.

Back