XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a Google search. Did you you mean Toy Station in Singapore?
Are there tariffs? And shipping must be a killer....

I have never ordered directly from overseas before. What is the currency conversion to US Dollars?
What is "31,000" or "29,000"?

Most of my stuff is Bowen or Sideshow.

I do have XM Black Widow on order with a guy in the USA for $900 USD shipped.
I have no idea if I got ripped off or not.

Are any of the other XM Studio statues still available? Like Phoenix or Magneto?

Any advice would be welcome!

Shipping is a few hundred bucks but it will be that price no matter where you buy an XM statue from. XE.com has a currency conversion, as does google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a Google search. Did you you mean Toy Station in Singapore?
Are there tariffs? And shipping must be a killer....

I have never ordered directly from overseas before. What is the currency conversion to US Dollars?
What is "31,000" or "29,000"?

Most of my stuff is Bowen or Sideshow.

I do have XM Black Widow on order with a guy in the USA for $900 USD shipped.
I have no idea if I got ripped off or not.

Are any of the other XM Studio statues still available? Like Phoenix or Magneto?

Any advice would be welcome!

You can Google just about any conversation rate. As for Phoenix and Magneto, those are long sold out. You'll have a very difficult time securing either of them now without having to pay a drastic mark up. You can add Wolverine, Cap, and Thanos to that list as well. Those particular pieces are red hot and hard to come by.

Google conversion rates are misleading. Those rates are the mass bank trading conversion rates. You won't ever really get that rate. Depends how you pay. If you use your credit card you'll get close to it but likely will have a transaction charge that is either flat or a %. If you use paypal to do the conversion you won't pay a charge but the conversion rate won't be quite as good as what you see on google.

Google conversion rates are misleading. Those rates are the mass bank trading conversion rates. You won't ever really get that rate. Depends how you pay. If you use your credit card you'll get close to it but likely will have a transaction charge that is either flat or a %. If you use paypal to do the conversion you won't pay a charge but the conversion rate won't be quite as good as what you see on google.

should be close enough though. I always want to just know ballpark with XM stuff. If its +- $100, I'm fine with it.

Yeah it's definitely close. I wish it were the same exchanging physical currency. You can get really hammered if you aren't careful where and how you do that.

Hello everyone,

So i completely missed out on this piece and I'm beyond pissed about it. I've been waiting for this piece for months and was following every update on it. The only 2 XM pieces i wanted were Magneto and Thanos and i lost my chance to acquire this piece thanks to the lies and deception of a certain company in Singapore. I won't name them at the moment, but i will be releasing email communications between myself and the director of this company going back for months if you all wish. To make a long story short i contacted this company even though i had secured a preorder from a board member on here, because i thought it would be a safer bet to place the order with a company instead of an individual...boy was I WRONG... This company agreed to sell me this piece with coin and over the course of several months continued to confirm that everything was fine. Suddenly one day i get an email basically saying that if i wanted the piece i had to spend over 5k and purchase every XM statue, this was about a week before the initial release date. It was also way after the initial controversy of several other companies that attempted to do the same thing, so i immediately became concerned and emailed him back stating that it wasn't what we had agreed upon and asked him one last time to confirm if we still had an agreement. The company director emailed me back immediately stating that he was just offering me that deal as a courtesy and was offering it to all its current customers, but he ensured me we still had a deal since he had promised me already for months. I should have ran for the hills at this point, but i was a fool and took him for his word. I asked him if he needed a deposit and that i could place one immediately if he provided the info, he stated he would email me the bank information the following week right before the release date. When the following week came and i received no emails i started to get concerned, but XM had pushed back their preorder date so I just figured it was why he wasn't contacting me. Well its now been weeks since the release date and I've sent probably 5 emails and still haven't heard back from him. Unless this individual experienced some sort of tragedy, i really see no reason for this complete lack of professionalism. Unfortunately, I've been sick for months and have been having a hard time so i haven't had time to try and hunt this piece down, but i plan to do so shortly. Either way, i wanted to share my story so that others don't get scammed by this company. As i stated earlier, if you guys want i will post the emails.

Unscrupulous dealers/companies/individuals need to be publicly outed. You're helping your fellow board members and collectors when you do.

"Well its now been weeks since the release date and I've sent probably 5 emails and still haven't heard back from him. "

Technically Thanos hasn't shipped yet and technically the company is only guilty of not responding promptly. It is possible that the company could still fulfill its commitment. Keep trying to contact them, it's busy time for everybody. How much time between those five emails and how long ago was last email? Have you checked your spam folder?

"Well its now been weeks since the release date and I've sent probably 5 emails and still haven't heard back from him. "

Technically Thanos hasn't shipped yet and technically the company is only guilty of not responding promptly. It is possible that the company could still fulfill its commitment. Keep trying to contact them, it's busy time for everybody. How much time between those five emails and how long ago was last email? Have you checked your spam folder?

Hello Skillet,

Yes, i completely agree with you which is why i haven't outed them. I did check my spam and i find it unlikely that its a spam related issue since i tried two different emails and until now their was never an issue with communication between the two of us. My last email was on the 16th and the first email was the day before the final release date. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but at this point even if they emailed me saying they wanted to fulfill my order i wouldn't go through with it. Their's no way I'm giving a company 1k+ of my hard earned money when i already know they are unprofessional and non responsive. I've been tempted to use another email and req to purchase all the statues to see if they suddenly respond, but i really don't have time for little games. My only intent here is to prevent others in this community from going through the same thing. It really is a shame.... Collectors like me have been waiting years for a company like XM and suddenly these companies that were contracted to sell these pieces start to see dollar signs and take advantage of the market by selling to flippers instead of dedicated collectors. I do have magneto on preorder, but if I'am unable to acquire Thanos i will likely sell my magneto and just forget about XM all together, by no fault of XM, but magneto is epic so don't quote me on that one. The only honest individuals selling these statues or rather allowing dedicated collectors to get these in hand are fellow board members, which says a lot. When magneto sold out i posted that i missed it and a board member immediately contacted me and offered me the last one he could get his hands on. So thats an A++ for the members of this community and a big fat F for the companies that were specifically contracted to sell these by XM, well most of them.

I'm sympathetic to your cause, man. My comment was intended to be hopeful for a positive outcome yet. Good luck, conquistador!

I'm sympathetic to your cause, man. My comment was intended to be hopeful for a positive outcome yet. Good luck, conquistador!

Oh, i didn't mean to come off like you weren't. You made great points, i appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks for wishing me luck... Hopefully i can score on for my bday which happens to be on Xmas....worst bday ever by the way, lol... Thanks again!!

Oh, i didn't mean to come off like you weren't. You made great points, i appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks for wishing me luck... Hopefully i can score on for my bday which happens to be on Xmas....worst bday ever by the way, lol... Thanks again!!

If you're on some of the boards or facebook groups there will be a few Thanos statues for sale or people asking for someone to take over their preorder.

If you're on some of the boards or facebook groups there will be a few Thanos statues for sale or people asking for someone to take over their preorder.

Just out of curiosity. I've been looking around the internet for a XM Thanos but I can't find anything or anyone willing to sell their pre-order.

The price is insane on this, **** that!! I mean it looks great but I couldn't bring myself to dishing the $ out, he should've been the same as the hulk, or at least 100 more, just how I feel.

And let's not talk shipping from Asia, F that too!!!

Just out of curiosity. I've been looking around the internet for a XM Thanos but I can't find anything or anyone willing to sell their pre-order.

Keep looking, one might come up eventually. I've already seen some people willing to part ways with Magneto, Wolverine and Phoenix POs. It's just a matter of time until Thanos becomes available in the aftermarket. Unfortunately though, the price is insane. People are asking 1800USD on Magneto and 1100USD on Wolverine plus shipping. Sickening.

I feel so lucky for having secured both Phoenix and Thanos on Simply Toys. They will take a toll on my wallet but at least I paid the retail price. It's kinda sad to see fellow collectors who were not able to secure XM statues having to pay high amounts of money to get what they want. Good luck, Magston. I know you'll find an XM Thanos to call your own :)

The price is insane on this, **** that!! I mean it looks great but I couldn't bring myself to dishing the $ out, he should've been the same as the hulk, or at least 100 more, just how I feel.

And let's not talk shipping from Asia, F that too!!!

Not a chance that the Hulk and Thanos sell for the same kind of $$$. The XM Hulk is still available for retail online. Retailers are trying to force collectors to purchase him as part of a package deal if you missed out on Wolvie, Phoenix, or Thanos. That sculpt was not nearly as well received as Thanos. Not to mention, there are plenty of 1/4 scale options for the Hulk. Thanos is a whole other beast. First off, the sculpt is absolutely killer. Second, there is no other licensed 1/4 Thanos on the market. Combine those factors with a very low overall ES from XM and the HUGE demand for this character....well, that's the perfect storm that creates the $$$$ this piece demands in th aftermarket. The exact same thing can be said about Mags and Phoenix.

For peeps that don't want to spend the aftermarket $$$ on those pieces, the best bet is to wait on SSC to release those characters. Keep in mind that their Marvel releases are truly hit or miss and that QC will be spotty even if they nail the sculpt. That said, at least the pricing on those PFs should be easier on the wallet.

Keep looking, one might come up eventually. I've already seen some people willing to part ways with Magneto, Wolverine and Phoenix POs. It's just a matter of time until Thanos becomes available in the aftermarket. Unfortunately though, the price is insane. People are asking 1800USD on Magneto and 1100USD on Wolverine plus shipping. Sickening.

I feel so lucky for having secured both Phoenix and Thanos on Simply Toys. They will take a toll on my wallet but at least I paid the retail price. It's kinda sad to see fellow collectors who were not able to secure XM statues having to pay high amounts of money to get what they want. Good luck, Magston. I know you'll find an XM Thanos to call your own :)

Thanks :) I hope so. I always love the hunt, searching statues for a nice price. Both XM Thanos and Magneto are high on my wishlist but the prices are a tough one. This hunt is turning into a very painful one for my wallet. A minuscule chance you might sell yours? :wink1:

Back