XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe he knows he will get at least X amount. He is also selling Mags for 3k so :dunno

I know the Magneto po launch caught him off guard and he was scrambling trying to get some. Him securing Thanos this early is odd. Maybe he has an early guarantee IDK. I'd love to get Thanos from a US retailer to save on shipping.

I know the Magneto po launch caught him off guard and he was scrambling trying to get some. Him securing Thanos this early is odd. Maybe he has an early guarantee IDK. I'd love to get Thanos from a US retailer to save on shipping.

You honestly will not save on much because the retailers are getting so few of them they do not really save on shipping. Therefore their price is already a bit higher to compensate for the shipping. I was originally debating going to a US retailer as well but it worked out better going to a board member.

Like both bases, maybe the cosmic one a little more since it's different.

Can't wait for this to ship!

We are in agreement here Yank although we seem to be in the minority. It would be wonderful to get both bases since this will obviously be another monster piece for XM they may as well go over the top! :monkey3

You honestly will not save on much because the retailers are getting so few of them they do not really save on shipping. Therefore their price is already a bit higher to compensate for the shipping. I was originally debating going to a US retailer as well but it worked out better going to a board member.

Not in every case. BBTS is the cheapest by a good margarine on Black Widow and by alot on Hulk. Total shipped for BW is $685. Granted that's snail shipping.

Not in every case. BBTS is the cheapest by a good margarine on Black Widow and by alot on Hulk. Total shipped for BW is $685. Granted that's snail shipping.

As compared to getting it from where? If you look at Mags he was 850 from BBTS right? then prob another 30 or so in shipping if not more? It is around the same from a board member without having to worry if you around for the 2 minutes its in stock on BBTS for.

I did not buy Widow so I can not do the math on that one

I dont think Mags was sold out in MINUTES....more like HOURS

From BBTS? It was like 10 mins literally, maybe less. From everywhere? well Specfiction still has one so I guess its not completely sold out

As compared to getting it from where? If you look at Mags he was 850 from BBTS right? then prob another 30 or so in shipping if not more? It is around the same from a board member without having to worry if you around for the 2 minutes its in stock on BBTS for.

I just gave you two examples. There is no way you can get BW cheaper than $685 shipped from a dealer and Hulk is listed at $659 plus shipping on their site. Hulk on the XM site is about $590 US then it'd be at least another $200-250 shipping. Now the BBTS Magneto isn't much difference than using a dealer counting shipping costs.

I'm just talking total costs....not the risk of missing out by waiting for the 3 US retailers. With Magneto all 3 places probably didn't have 30 to sell total. For the hot items it's smarter to pay more using a dealer to be safe. Your rolling the dice otherwise. Thanos and Wolverine will be gone in minutes at the US retailers as well once they go up. Phoenix is approved will also fly out of stock.

Last edited:
From BBTS? It was like 10 mins literally, maybe less. From everywhere? well Specfiction still has one so I guess its not completely sold out

Yup, 10 minutes or less. This board and SF barely got any orders in. 3 or so from this board and 3 or so from SF at BBTS.

I just gave you two examples. There is no way you can get BW cheaper than $685 shipped from a dealer and Hulk is listed at $659 plus shipping on their site. Hulk on the XM site is about $590 US then it'd be at least another $200-250 shipping. Now the BBTS Magneto isn't much difference than using a dealer counting shipping costs.

I'm just talking total costs....not the risk of missing out by waiting for the 3 US retailers. With Magneto all 3 places probably didn't have 30 to sell total. For the hot items it's smarter to pay more using a dealer to be safe. Your rolling the dice otherwise.

All I was saying is on the ones I went for the math made more sense to go with a board member over waiting for BBTS. I did not go for anything before Magneto so I cant say for Hulk etc. BBTS is a good deal compared to the other online retailers I agree

Hell I'd say less than 10 minutes...once word got out it was up they were gone in seconds.

Yeah I was waiting all day refreshing every now and then. They put it up on BBTS not under the XM page I was refreshing but under a different section which caused me to miss out.

All I was saying is on the ones I went for the math made more sense to go with a board member over waiting for BBTS. I did not go for anything before Magneto so I cant say for Hulk etc. BBTS is a good deal compared to the other online retailers I agree

I have Magneto ordered through a dealer and BW through BBTS. I plan on getting Thanos and Wolverine so I need to make a move I guess.

I have Magneto ordered through a dealer and BW through BBTS. I plan on getting Thanos and Wolverine so I need to make a move I guess.

Yea the sooner the better it seems with this stuff. If its something I know I really want I try to get it as early as I can. I do not want to regret missing one!

Yea the sooner the better it seems with this stuff. If its something I know I really want I try to get it as early as I can. I do not want to regret missing one!

Yeah ordering XM isn't like SS where your got about a year to decide to buy or not.

If I could get the regular sized ones for 6-7 hundred shipped to my door, I would be more tempted.

Back