XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if XM will start to increase their edition size on these statues? I know it's a fine line and many like the rarity of these pieces. But dang it, I just want one of each comic based xm statue without having to bend over backwards and without having to lose sleep worrying about securing orders. I might have to just move to Singapore before I start having panic attacks.

They have stated several times in the past that 999 is the cutoff. I know what you mean though. These are becoming harder and harder for collectors to get. Not so different from PCS and their SF line though. Those exclusives sell out in less then an hour. I think Ryu sold out in 20 minutes. PCS has the regular versions as well. Maybe XM will do something similar in the future. I'm sure they are trying to drum up ideas as we speak. It's a fine line that's for certain . Some of the hype surrounding their releases has to do with the scarcity of these statues. Higher ES is probably not the way to go IMO. I am curious to see what happens in future releases as well

They have stated several times in the past that 999 is the cutoff. I know what you mean though. These are becoming harder and harder for collectors to get. Not so different from PCS and their SF line though. Those exclusives sell out in less then an hour. I think Ryu sold out in 20 minutes. PCS has the regular versions as well. Maybe XM will do something similar in the future. I'm sure they are trying to drum up ideas as we speak. It's a fine line that's for certain . Some of the hype surrounding their releases has to do with the scarcity of these statues. Higher ES is probably not the way to go IMO. I am curious to see what happens in future releases as well

I agree with you Tavegg...also higher production runs can introduce some other challenges. It becomes more difficult to implement quality control, additional labor expenses, additional material costs, in addition the biggest cost is time. Does the company have the capital base necessary to support higher production runs? Is it more feasible to produce large manufacturing runs of a few characters versus smaller production runs with a higher number of characters?

There are a number of things XM management would need to consider if they start implementing larger production runs. The joys of running a business....

I agree with you Tavegg...also higher production runs can introduce some other challenges. It becomes more difficult to implement quality control, additional labor expenses, additional material costs, in addition the biggest cost is time. Does the company have the capital base necessary to support higher production runs? Is it more feasible to produce large manufacturing runs of a few characters versus smaller production runs with a higher number of characters?

There are a number of things XM management would need to consider if they start implementing larger production runs. The joys of running a business....

All great points here for sure. I think the higher edition sizes is one of the leading reasons SS runs into issues with their QC at times. These guys at XM are examining and touching up every single statue prior to shipment. It's not feasible to give that same attention and care if these were produced in the thousands as opposed to hundreds. I also don't think people would be as enthusiastic and willing to spend the type of money these collectibles command given a huge ES either.

All great points here for sure. I think the higher edition sizes is one of the leading reasons SS runs into issues with their QC at times. These guys at XM are examining and touching up every single statue prior to shipment. It's not feasible to give that same attention and care if these were produced in the thousands as opposed to hundreds. I also don't think people would be as enthusiastic and willing to spend the type of money these collectibles command given a huge ES either.

100% agreed. XMs is focusing on what collectors want. High quality low ES with great character designs that it's supporters have input on.

I agree. I'm sure ES is directly responsible for quality issues. That's why part of me wishes XM upped ES to lower pricing so I could purchase some. But the unselfish side of me says I'm ok with sideshow, and I would rather have you guys get the high quality you want.

Just glad more and more options are popping up. At the very least for me xm is forcing other companies to reevaluate quality.

100% agreed. XMs is focusing on what collectors want. High quality low ES with great character designs that it's supporters have input on.

You got it buddy. They're changing the game so to speak. Back down to basics. We're incredibly lucky to be here at ground level. Just think of how much these will go for years down the road. It's painful to think about.

I agree. I'm sure ES is directly responsible for quality issues. That's why part of me wishes XM upped ES to lower pricing so I could purchase some. But the unselfish side of me says I'm ok with sideshow, and I would rather have you guys get the high quality you want.

Just glad more and more options are popping up. At the very least for me xm is forcing other companies to reevaluate quality.

You Got It bro. SS is no joke. They're capable of making amazing statues as well and at very affordable prices. It's nice to have options in both of these companies. My opinion is that XM is slightly ahead in the paint app and QC department but let's be honest and fair to SS as well.. when they nail it they nail it. No doubt about that. Gladiator Hulk is a testament to what SS is capable of

I cannot wait to have Thanos alongside Magneto and Thor! This is killing my wallet but insanely worth every penny.

You Got It bro. SS is no joke. They're capable of making amazing statues as well and at very affordable prices. It's nice to have options in both of these companies. My opinion is that XM is slightly ahead in the paint app and QC department but let's be honest and fair to SS as well.. when they nail it they nail it. No doubt about that. Gladiator Hulk is a testament to what SS is capable of

Except for the horrible shield. Look at what happens when a great paint up would have been done for the shield. This is closer to what I was expecting SS to give me instead of the suntan shield I received. But I digress...when SS does stuff right...it's stellar!

6rjbzn.jpg

IMHO if XM continues to put our great product....they will eventually force other companies to re-evaluate the quality of their product offerings. I'm just not sure XM has been around long enough to force competitors to re-evaluate their production strategies at this point and time. That type of insight usually occurs only when a new company has been around long enough to meaningfully cut into the bottom line of existing competitors.

I think we are all hoping that the introduction of XM into the collectibles industry will force SS to step up their game. However, for that to happen SS' management needs to believe that XM's product offering significantly threatens their revenues, margins, profits, and market share. At this point and time, XM is still introducing themselves to the market so I'm betting that SS does not consider them a threat at this time.

Back