XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quality is subjective. I don't consider weight to be a big part of "quality". And it's not like ss never puts out heavy statues anymore. Like I said , until xm starts taking on more than just one license, they aren't a big factor to most collectors unless they only collect marvel. I'm sure at some point, they will attempt to expand their business as almost all do, then we will see if they can still deliver. I would like to see xm take a stab at mixed media at some point, not full pajama stuff of course.

I really don't care how many licenses a company has. All I care about is that the merch I buy from them be well made. XM makes quality statues period. It's not subjective. They don't produce egg shell pieces. As for SSC...most of the pieces I have received from them over the last few years have been hollow. I already pointed out a few statues that were hollow and the QC issues SSC suffered because of it. We have yet to see those issues in any XM piece. I know it's a small sample size but so long as they continue to make solid statues, quality won't be an issue with XM pieces. SSC may put out some heavy pieces from time to time (G Hulk PF) but those are few and far between.

As for XM and mixed media...I hope they never touch cloth in any way. We have SSC and their PF line for that. I hope XM stays fully sculpted. It's a nice niche that has practically been ignored in 1/4 scale. It's nice to see a company dedicate a line to 1/4 fully sculpted pieces. I personally hope it stays that way.

So does SSC. :lol The Captain Morgan pose is all the rage.

Hah!

It's about time someone broke the mold and did something really daring. No more action poses or heroic poses or museum poses. Someone needs to make something like Daredevil tripping over a rock, or Spiderman lifting his mask to blow his nose.

10649695_508153142655694_7166728626555116369_n.jpg

10516859_508153165989025_8799196817924413632_n.jpg

10635896_508153175989024_4631378957758340667_n.jpg

10653306_508153229322352_13671391932610624_n.jpg

10304798_508153249322350_413136477112468058_n.jpg

10660145_508153272655681_5424926185698096239_n.jpg

10649695_508153289322346_5694280516294306198_n.jpg

Ok, putting the helmet in the right hand is awesome.

Also, Thanos is monstrous or that Asian guy isn't doing his people's stereotypes any favors.

Here's a quick photoshop:

10639518_1432692510284777_8210714045105907730_n.jpg

Both left legs are at the same level (with it the foot that touch ground first)

And you have to be concerned about the angle of the pic, with by the way it was took (left side is nearest to the camera) Captain America would look bigger than Thanos,

Ok, putting the helmet in the right hand is awesome.

Also, Thanos is monstrous or that Asian guy isn't doing his people's stereotypes any favors.

Thats the original posters son so not monstrous...but its a big 1/4 scale none the less.

This is one of XMs best revealed pieces, heavier than their Hulk, large with many swap out parts...Shipping will be as evil as Thanos but it will be epic

Here's a quick photoshop:

View attachment 130745

Both left legs are at the same level (with it the foot that touch ground first)

And you have to be concerned about the angle of the pic, with by the way it was took (left side is nearest to the camera) Captain America would look bigger than Thanos,

Looks like Thanos is bigger to me, from that photoshop, as Thanos' right foot is more in line with Cpt America's left foot IMO.

However, It has been released by XM that he is heavier than Hulk so I would imagine all that polystone is increasing his height as well as weight. Cap will be a higher piece in the end with the stars and stripes aloft of course but he is not going to be a s tall as Thanos.

I really love the paint up of the gems. They look so good in fact I don't really mind not having any light up features.

I have two major hobbies...statues and photography. Both hobbies are not inexpensive by any means...

Like many of you I am succumbing to "XM Studios" fever. I see right now that if I am going to purchase a few of these XM pieces, I am going to have to revisit my SS pre-orders. I'm not going to have the luxury of picking up SS pieces that I simply like...I am going to have to ask myself if I really love the SS item the I am purchasing.

I do not want to appear that I am bashing SS...I just refuse to become one of those collectors that is up to their necks in Credit Card debt trying to support their collection addiction. I am really going to have to re-prioritize my purchases. Off the top of my head I already have pre-orders for XM's Hulk and Iron Man...and now I plan on adding Thanos to the list. The base has not even been completed yet and I am ready to crown this the best Thanos statue ever!!

Hats off to XM Studios for bringing some excitement to the forum. For a while now it seems like most of the threads have become nothing more than a SS hate fest (that is not to say some of that hate is not warranted).

XM Studios genuinely has collectors excited. And that's a good thing... :)

I love your thoughts here and agree with you implicitly. Very well spoken

Only if you mainly collect marvel. Unless they do a Spider-man or venom, I'll prolly never buy another xm piece after wolverine. Xm is still a blimp on the radar to most. Besides a select few pieces, these really aren't worth 2-3x the cost of a ss piece. The only thing I see that makes these more attractive is consistent qc, characters ss hasn't done in 1/4 and a smaller es. I wouldn't say their sculpts or paint apps are superior to what others have done in the past.

Never say never as there is an entire world of Marvel statues and other licenses coming from XM.

As for your sentiments on paint apps.... well let's just say when you do have your Wolverine in hand I think your opinion is going to change. Regardless of whether people have liked the sculpt or character there is no refuting that XMs paint apps are 2nd to none in this hobby. Anyone whom owns one of their statues will tell you that there is nothing that compares to an XM paint app. Not being biased only truthful. I own roughly 75 PFs. Although many of them are beautiful, I don't have one SS statue that is in the same league as my xm cap or hulk. Just speaking for the quality of the paint application itself. You will understand what I mean when you have yours

I love your thoughts here and agree with you implicitly. Very well spoken

Never say never as there is an entire world of Marvel statues and other licenses coming from XM.

As for your sentiments on paint apps.... well let's just say when you do have your Wolverine in hand I think your opinion is going to change. Regardless of whether people have liked the sculpt or character there is no refuting that XMs paint apps are 2nd to none in this hobby. Anyone whom owns one of their statues will tell you that there is nothing that compares to an XM paint app. Not being biased only truthful. I own roughly 75 PFs. Although many of them are beautiful, I don't have one SS statue that is in the same league as my xm cap or hulk. Just speaking for the quality of the paint application itself. You will understand what I mean when you have yours

I agree. I guarantee these things come out of the factory looking like sideshow statues, that's why I feel the most impressive thing XM does is have their proto painters touch up the statues. Their quality control takes my breath away. Haha

Can't wait to eventually own my first XM piece.

I agree. I guarantee these things come out of the factory looking like sideshow statues, that's why I feel the most impressive thing XM does is have their proto painters touch up the statues. Their quality control takes my breath away. Haha

Can't wait to eventually own my first XM piece.

LMAO!!!! This is by far the best post I've ever seen come out of you Savage. The song and video is effing perfect bro :goodpost::lol

Back