XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two major hobbies...statues and photography. Both hobbies are not inexpensive by any means...

Like many of you I am succumbing to "XM Studios" fever. I see right now that if I am going to purchase a few of these XM pieces, I am going to have to revisit my SS pre-orders. I'm not going to have the luxury of picking up SS pieces that I simply like...I am going to have to ask myself if I really love the SS item the I am purchasing.

I do not want to appear that I am bashing SS...I just refuse to become one of those collectors that is up to their necks in Credit Card debt trying to support their collection addiction. I am really going to have to re-prioritize my purchases. Off the top of my head I already have pre-orders for XM's Hulk and Iron Man...and now I plan on adding Thanos to the list. The base has not even been completed yet and I am ready to crown this the best Thanos statue ever!!

Hats off to XM Studios for bringing some excitement to the forum. For a while now it seems like most of the threads have become nothing more than a SS hate fest (that is not to say some of that hate is not warranted).

XM Studios genuinely has collectors excited. And that's a good thing... :)

Well said tray. I've already discussed this with a friend not long ago. XM is changing the way we collect and buy statues. They are truly adding some immense sizzle to our hobby and forcing us to really think about what we buy.

Yeah there can be no more "well I like this so I'll get it" that you can get into with PFs. With XM in the game it forces my focus to narrow. So XM may end up costing me more money yearly (or maybe not), but it is already compelling me to be more selective and that's a good thing.

Only if you mainly collect marvel. Unless they do a Spider-man or venom, I'll prolly never buy another xm piece after wolverine. Xm is still a blimp on the radar to most. Besides a select few pieces, these really aren't worth 2-3x the cost of a ss piece. The only thing I see that makes these more attractive is consistent qc, characters ss hasn't done in 1/4 and a smaller es. I wouldn't say their sculpts or paint apps are superior to what others have done in the past.

Only if you mainly collect marvel. Unless they do a Spider-man or venom, I'll prolly never buy another xm piece after wolverine. Xm is still a blimp on the radar to most. Besides a select few pieces, these really aren't worth 2-3x the cost of a ss piece. The only thing I see that makes these more attractive is consistent qc, characters ss hasn't done in 1/4 and a smaller es. I wouldn't say their sculpts or paint apps are superior to what others have done in the past.

You are also forgetting about the QUALITY going into XM pieces. No hollow statues from XM. That may not mean much to some but it means a lot to me. Hollow statues from SSC can lead to serious problems. Apoc PF has cracks in his arm. Rhino PF has cracks all over his body. The Wolvie LSF is just falling over. These are just some of the issues SSC has created with their hollow statues. I have no doubt XM pieces will stand the test of time. No corners are being cut with XM merch. I feel pretty damn secure in knowing I'm going to receive a quality statue when I receive an XM piece.

Quality is subjective. I don't consider weight to be a big part of "quality". And it's not like ss never puts out heavy statues anymore. Like I said , until xm starts taking on more than just one license, they aren't a big factor to most collectors unless they only collect marvel. I'm sure at some point, they will attempt to expand their business as almost all do, then we will see if they can still deliver. I would like to see xm take a stab at mixed media at some point, not full pajama stuff of course.

:lol :lol great posts James and Eric :clap You know what...I've been watching all these amazing statues coming out by XM and I've had to pass on every single one....why? Cos I'm really into my mixed media and don't really have many fully sculpted pieces in my collection...but when I saw these pics on Facebook I was blown away :thud: I still want that movie based Avengers Thanos PF and I know Sideshow will be releasing one after Avengers 2 next year but I NEED this one too!! That's it guys, I'm sold! XM here we come :rock :rock

Right on, welcome to the party Andy, now this makes your second XM statue after IM Mark VII. I've got it bad for XM and with Spiderman on the way, it will only get worst.

Just the thought of a XM Spiderman has me really excited

It really makes me wonder what kind of ideas they will come up with for him. How will they pose him. What kind of base/dio will he be on?

The only bit I won't like is the part of trying to secure him because these things sell like hot cakes & there isn't many of them when you consider there es

Same here, can't wait for Spidey to be revealed along with the first set of villians (GG, Doc Oct, Venom, etc). Securing Spidey will be sketchy considering a lot missed the boat on the original Spidey Com and the latest Com is 1/5. Gotta jump on it early.

And it also translates to having more "quality" pieces in your collection... Still much more value for money and definitely greater satisfaction

Yeah there can be no more "well I like this so I'll get it" that you can get into with PFs. With XM in the game it forces my focus to narrow. So XM may end up costing me more money yearly (or maybe not), but it is already compelling me to be more selective and that's a good thing.

getting ready now to earn more for the XM line collection....I believe each month they can offer 2-3 pre-order but each of them at least take 2-3 months to finish.

And currently they are only shipping out last trench of Captain America, and the BW will be the next one and then IM so the actual damage now is that $200 SGD and the remaining won't due until next summer....lol
Definitely pre-order every one of the XM line down the road..... gosh it will be a $20k hobby per year to maintain both SSC and XM products.

how do we pre-order now then? I know guys were going to some board members, is that still possible or only stores?? I think I am ready to take the plunge!

I tried so hard to avoid looking at this because I knew I'd want it and then I made the mistake of liking Xm's Facebook page and getting the Thanos updates, now I need it haha. Other than BBTS or Secret Compass, should I be looking anywhere for the pre-order?

I tried so hard to avoid looking at this because I knew I'd want it and then I made the mistake of liking Xm's Facebook page and getting the Thanos updates, now I need it haha. Other than BBTS or Secret Compass, should I be looking anywhere for the pre-order?

Lol. Same here. I've been sitting here contemplating selling my body for the cost of this thanos.

This is one of the statues you don't tell your gf how much it costs haha.

Luckily I just got out of a **** relationship I hid statue costs from. So I'm spending all the little money I do have. Haha

I want to find a nerdy chick... They understand.

10639518_1432692510284777_8210714045105907730_n.jpg

What a beast! I hope the base is a good 3-4" tall.

XM really likes their one foot forward statues.

Back